lack of VWAP indicator on my TS2000i

evostik

Hi All.

Growing discussions here around VWAP has encouraged me to start on the road to trying to understand it! One of the starting points would be, of course, if I could actually plot this signal on my charts. However, having recently moved over to using TS2000i I find its not an indicator already in the 'set' I have available to me. Could anyone help by pointing me to some code I can import with PowerEditor?

Many Many Thanks

Steve

First add a function "VWAP-H"
and use following code

vars:
PriceW(0),
ShareW(0),
Answer(0);

if date > date[1] then begin
PriceW = 0;
ShareW = 0;
end;

PriceW = PriceW + (AvgPrice * (UpTicks+DownTicks));
ShareW = ShareW + (UpTicks+DownTicks);

if ShareW > 0 then
Answer = PriceW / ShareW;

VWAP_H = Answer;

now create an indicator "VWAP"

inputs:
UpColor(Red),
DownColor(Blue);

vars:
Answer(0);

Answer = VWAP_H;

if AvgPrice >= Answer then
SetPlotColor(1,DownColor)
else
SetPlotColor(1,UpColor);

Plot1(Answer,"VWAP");

Hi All
Any chance of putting the els on here as have no idea on using the power editor.

Many thanks Mark

marky

well, as of this morning I didn't have a clue either, but its pretty straight forward. I don't know how to send/get the els but I could guide you thru how I got the indicator in and working if you want. Are you using TS2000i?

Cheers

Steve

Marky,

If you wish to use TS then it is a good idea to learn how to use the basics of the Power Editor. It is simple to do the and will be of great benefit in the long term. Even with the ELS you would still need some knowledge of the Power Editor in my view.

Paul

Hi Guys, im a 2000 user, il have a play and see how i get on,

many thanks Mark

Hi Trader333

Could I ask if you have added the MPD bands to your VWAP indicator? If so, any chance you could give me some guidence here?

Thanks

Steve

Marky

You will notice in the kind reply I got from twalker, there are two sets of code. Firstly, in PowerEditor, click NEW and select FUNCTION. call it VWAP_H as he describes and literally copy/paste that code in the box and save it. Then do NEW again and select INDICATOR. Call it VWAP and paste the second set of code.

Thats it!

Good Luck

Steve

evostik said:
Hi Trader333

Could I ask if you have added the MPD bands to your VWAP indicator? If so, any chance you could give me some guidence here?

Thanks

Steve

What would you like to know ?

Paul

Sorry Trader333 - I guess my question wasn't too specific. I mean't about getting to plot them. Does it involve a new indicator or have you added more code to the VWAP code I put in yesterday etc.

Cheers
Steve

Any chance of putting the els on here as have no idea on using the power editor.

The issue with this sort of request is that each els is version specific. I currently use V8.1 build 3159 so unless you also use this version (or newer) you will not be able to open an els I post. Good exercise to start writing your own code anyway, there is nothing better than spending hours coding up and testing all the mad ideas that come into your head.

evostik said:
Sorry Trader333 - I guess my question wasn't too specific. I mean't about getting to plot them. Does it involve a new indicator or have you added more code to the VWAP code I put in yesterday etc.

Cheers
Steve

There is more code, I will explain later

Paul

Hi Evostik

Many thanks for the help, All it took was simple instructions and the job is done and working ok.

Regards Mark