Unique Forex Price Action Trading - Institutional Levels

Unique Forex

Institutional Trading

Welcome Traders​

My name is Matt. I am a partner and trader at Unique Forex. Our trading is based on institutional research and our proprietary trading strategies.

I am starting this thread to educate the masses. When I use the word "institutions", I am referring to large multinational banks, hedge funds, and other firms that collectively account for the majority of the daily trading volume in the Forex market.

Upwards of 90% of all retail traders fail. There are many reasons for that, but at the end of the day that means that 90% of institutions are making money. Ultimately, the reason why most retail traders fail is because they are not on the same playing field as the institutions.

Institutions employ teams of analysts who have a sole purpose of ensuring the profitability of the firm. These institutions have access to information that retail traders simply don't have access to, so how can they compete? Well the answer to that question is simple, they can't, and that is why 90% of them fail.

I will be posting institutional trading setups here on 8 currency pairs:
AUD/JPY
AUD/USD
EUR/JPY
EUR/USD
GBP/USD
NZD/USD
USD/CAD
USD/JPY

I will be active in posting these trading setups and in my responses. I look forward to the feedback and to some great discussions!

Matt
Unique Forex

Last edited:
Watching 1.25 level on GBP/USD for a potential short entry.
OPG7g7r.png

Last edited:
Watching 1.25 level on GBP/USD for a potential short entry.
OPG7g7r.png

GBP/USD did not get filled.. I am canceling order as it is 10 am est on a Friday. However this is still a level to watch going into next week so I will post an update then if price gets up there.

While we did not take the 1.25 level on GBP/USD... it did wind up being good for about 30 pips.

We are now looking to the 1.2568 figure for a potential short on GBP/USD going into next week as shown in the image below. This trade setup is explained in depth in this video: https://youtu.be/JyGcfcV_aIM
QQPNUpq.png

Hello Traders

I will be using this thread to journal trades that I take utilizing institutional levels. When I say "institutions" I am referring to large multi-national banks, hedge funds, and the firms that collectively account for the large majority of the daily trading volume in the Forex market. I am referring to the firms that control the markets.

This trading will be based solely on price action and how it reacts with the institutional levels.

To put things simply, I will be trading "support" & "resistance". However it is important to understand that the concept of support and resistance goes much deeper than most realize. Price is supported at certain levels because institutional traders have orders at such levels and if enough collective buying power comes in at the level it drives price up. Similarly, price finds resistance at certain levels because institutional traders have orders at such levels and if enough collective selling power comes in at the level it drives price down.

Support and resistance from a retail perspective may not offer a great advantage and that is because it open to the interpretation of the trader. If you put 10 traders in a room and show them the same chart and you asked them to pick the main support and resistance levels, odds are they would all have very different levels.

However if you know the very levels that institutional traders are watching than it is no longer up to interpretation, it is black and white. That is the basis of the strategy and the results will be shown below.

Enjoy.​

Trading Setup # 1 [PENDING]

Currency Pair: GBP/USD
Position: Short
Entry Price: 1.256
Stop Price: 1.2598 (38 pips)

Explanation of setup:
QQPNUpq.png

Thanks but how do you get this "institutional information" and what for to share it for free if you can make money by ourself using this confidential info?

I saw a lot of ways to promote forex stuff but I assure you its a way out of smartest one :)

Thanks but how do you get this "institutional information" and what for to share it for free if you can make money by ourself using this confidential info?

I saw a lot of ways to promote forex stuff but I assure you its a way out of smartest one :)

It is not necessarily confidential information... we have simply amassed relationships with such institutions over our many years on Wall Street.

We surely aren't sharing all of the levels we get on every pair... but our purpose for sharing is to educate. Upwards of 90% of retail traders fail and it is because of their thinking. If we can change the thinking of just one trader and that makes them profitable then that is the purpose for us sharing.

Watching this 86.6 area on AUDJPY... given the AUD weakness and the expectation for a pullback on most other xxx/JPY pairs, a pullback to the figure could be a good opportunity to go short.

6Vngoq5.png

Trading Setup # 2 [PENDING]

Currency Pair: AUD/JPY
Entry Price: 86.6
Stop Price: 86.96 (36 pips)

6Vngoq5.png

These xxx/JPY pairs are clearly pulling back. I am looking to get short EUR/JPY just ahead of the 122.5 figure

wGgb0dP.png

Trading Setup # 2 [PENDING]

Currency Pair: EUR/JPY
Entry Price: 122.5
Stop Price: 123 (50 pips)

wGgb0dP.png

Trading Setup # 1 [PENDING]

Currency Pair: GBP/USD
Entry Price: 1.256
Stop Price: 1.2598 (38 pips)

Explanation of setup:
QQPNUpq.png

I also noticed another technicality from the pairs positive divergence and it was followed by a negetive reversal, on the chart i mean i am just imagining the price action movements RSI.:D

Last edited:
I also noticed another technicality from the pairs positive divergence and it was followed by a negetive reversal, on the chart i mean i am just imagining the price action movements RSI.:D

It's quite easy to pick institutional levels. It's called the 60 min chart, taking special notice of swing highs and lows made between 7am-7pm UK time for EUR/GBP pairs.
Think about it, how much money is needed to turn price and make a new swing on a 1 hour chart as opposed to a 1 minute chart? Only big money can do this. As such, the 1 hour and 4 hour levels are your guide to institutional buying and selling.