Ultimate Forex Predictor

Hi Shep

Thought you were supposed to be a dog.

No, I have not made any losses at all and maybe Cotterill is pretty much on the level, who knows.

I just do not understand why he allows himself to be promoted by such a slippery eel such as Laight at Canonbury.

I do not do Forex...prefer to day-trade US stocks through a proper broker....not through the dubious spread betting companies.

Cotterill's system is billed as The Ultimate Forex Predictor.

If it were so, would it be fair to say that it should predict forex movement much better than it actually does....if it were really THE ULTIMATE

Instead, it churns out signal after signal after signal...some of which are valid and some of which are not. The success of the ULTIMATE predictor really depends upon the skills of the person reacting to the dubious signals it churns out.

It is also ridiculously expensive, especially for newbies who do not have the knowledge or skills to use it properly.... £ 500 might have been a fairer price I reckon.

But, if you really want to trade then you should invest a lot of time ( and I mean a lot ) in coming up with your own system and methods. These ULTIMATE HOLY GRAIL PREDICTION MIRACLE GET RICH IN 3 EASY STEPS SYSTEMS very rarely work.

Anyway, who the hell cares ?

If I want to slag off Cotterill and his crew, then I will.

Hi Terry-Shep,

Out of interest what settings are you / your friend using to gain success with this product?

And is he a novice or someone with a good knowledge of the markets??

Remember this product is advertised as a point and click system for novices but using the recommended settings it does not perform well at all.

So I'm keen to know how you've got it to work.

Cheers

Hi Terry-Shep,

Out of interest what settings are you / your friend using to gain success with this product?

And is he a novice or someone with a good knowledge of the markets??

Remember this product is advertised as a point and click system for novices but using the recommended settings it does not perform well at all.

So I'm keen to know how you've got it to work.

Cheers
My friend is happy to share his settings with you. They are: ptp 10; he trades with a SL trailing 5 bars (my suggestion on reviewing his results, I'm proud to say) and only trades when the signals appear on both the 5 & 10 min charts. Also, don't accept the trade if the signal appears on the 10 min chart more than 15 pips away from the 5 min. That's it.

He knew nothing about forex before this except a few suggestions from me to nudge him into it, he has hitherto been solely concerned with horses & football betting. I understand that the default settings do throw up a lot more trades but they are not by any means as secure. My friend has a 70% SR with his settings, which were pure guesswork on our parts, no brilliant insights, apart from Keith's videos.

I am consumed with jealousy at the moment, because he has just been on a fortnight's holiday in Spain and traded from there, during which time, I was almost pleased to see him have his first losing week through missing several trades and only 73 pips last week. Serves him right for crowing about 'trading by the pool'!

I should say that he trades the GBP/USD & the EUR/USD when they come up. He only trades betwen 7 - 11am normally and generally will see 2-3 opportunities during this time.

I hope this is of help, there is no reason why you shouldn't replicate his trading with these settings. I hope you do.

Regards

So why don't you ????

Yac

I hope my PM reply to your PM to me, offering a couple of paid-for tutoring services, will have explained to you why I don't trade TUFXP myself. Apart from the cost, which is more than I am prepared to pay for a method, I already have my own, as I have explained.

This does not detract from the performance of this system, I have seen it profiting for the last three months. One might well cavil at the price - I do, myself - but for those who can afford it, it is a choice. After all, we choose whether to buy our own Airbus or sit with 339 other people when we want to travel, it depends on your scale.

Incidentally, since, as you say, you don't do forex, how did you come to trial this system - if indeed, you did? Coming from your share trading, how do you fairly judge a forex system? Just asking, no confrontation.

Re Keith Cotterill 'getting involved with such a slippery character as Nick Laight', if you have a system to sell and cast around the market for someone to do the donkey work, how do you decide who is slippery and who is not? You won't dispute that the refunds are scrupulously honoured, I presume, so that suggests a certain probity. I have to agree that it is expensive but maybe that's just my perception of the value of £2000 + vat. My friend, for example, who is reasonably well-padded, didn't think it was too much to risk.

It is certainly true that if you trade the system with some of its settings it can throw up a lot of trades with only a few being worthwhile. However, at the other end of the scale you can set it so that it offers no trades at all. At an appropriate mid setting, the fact is that it does offer a smaller number of trades which have, over the last three months, yielded a 70% SR. In finding this happy medium, maybe a complete newbie should get a little more guidance, but someone able to cough up over £2000 for a trading program surely is able to comprehend the idea of trying different settings? My friend hadn't the faintest idea about forex when he charged in, being a horse and football bettor but he managed to find them, as I have detailed elsewhere.

'Catterill and his crew'? I see you are at it again, intemperate language. Nonetheless, I defend your right to 'slag him off', if that's what you want.

Believe me, my best regards to you.

Courtesy was never one of my strong points Shep.

I just prefer to cut through all the bullsh1t and get straight to the point.

Best regards to you too.

Courtesy was never one of my strong points Shep.

I just prefer to cut through all the bullsh1t and get straight to the point.

Best regards to you too.
Yes, we got that message Yac!

Coming back to something you said, how are you doing in the share market? I suppose you are going short on practically everything now, bulls are an endangered species these days.

I see you put your location as Toscana: where, in Toscana? Might we see you in the Palio next year? I go to MotoGP at Mugello when I can, that's in the heart of Tuscany.

Cheers.

Coming back to something you said, how are you doing in the share market? I suppose you are going short on practically everything now, bulls are an endangered species these days.

I see you put your location as Toscana: where, in Toscana? Might we see you in the Palio next year? I go to MotoGP at Mugello when I can, that's in the heart of Tuscany.

To answer your questions....

1. I am making a decent living day trading US stocks

2. As it happens I take more long trades than shorts. This is because I am an extremely
short-term trader - due to lack of patience, short attention span and tendency to get bored easily - bit of a scalper really - and for some odd reason I feel more comfortable with longs than shorts. In very short time frames, you can pick out good long trades even if the market is having a down day. If I am in a trade for more than 30 minutes I would say it is unusual.

3. Don't spend all my time in Italy but we do have a place near Siena there where I can escape to. Italy is the 8th overseas country in which I have lived and is right up there at the top of the list. Never been to the Palio..don't like crowds but I guess I just might make it one of these days.

Cheers.

To answer your questions....

Don't spend all my time in Italy but we do have a place near Siena there where I can escape to. Italy is the 8th overseas country in which I have lived and is right up there at the top of the list. Never been to the Palio..don't like crowds but I guess I just might make it one of these days.

Cheers.

You are fortunate to have a 'place near Siena' indeed; I wish I did! I spent a lot of time in Italy, north of Milan mostly, when I was young enough to race motorbikes for a living and I wish I'd had the sense to tuck some sort of place away for the future back then.

However, we should keep on track, this is a trading forum, not a travel program.

Interrogation and reply is not a civilised form of conversation so I apologise for my questions earlier, but I was interested to hear how you were doing in the current downturn and was encouraged by your 'cut through the b*llsh*t' approach. It seems that we are trading in a very similar manner, snatching the pips before they disappear. This isn't actually what I want to do though, my current method suggests that I should hold my positions for much longer, but I have now realised that my previous poor experiences in trading has left me with a loser's mindset; I am now expecting to lose, despite my current method's promises to the contrary.

Today, for instance, I was in that long from 13.55 GMT on the GBP/USD and exited with 16 pips on a red candle quite happily, despite the method telling me I should stay in - and then I saw the same long go 110 pips by about 16.00. This is what my system forecast and still I didn't trust it because of my previous experiences. I think a lot of us do this, run too close stops and jump out too soon.

I guess the only way out of this mindset is to trade, provided you have a method you can trust. Set a decent stop (about 30 pips on the EUR and GBP) and let it rip. If you want to leave it alone, set a limit of maybe 20 and walk away. I'm going to train myself to do this and eventually, move on to longer time frames and leave this up & down stuff behind.

Any helpful suggestions for me and the other seekers on the forum, Yac?

I got the info of keih's FX Ultimate predictor through a link through Money week mag. I, like Lady Hough,want to know if it is a scam. It says 30 days free trial...
And since I know nothing about Forex, it sounds good

It is not a scam.

Just a pretty expensive system which works for some people and not for others.

Scammy in the sense that the advertising is over-hyped and it does not do exactly what it says on the box.

But they will definitely give you your money back...no worries.

Just don't expect to become rich by next Wednesday.

terry shep

l did like to a know how much was yur friends start up capital prior to trading £10 perpoint did be grateful to hear from ou

If you are a newbie, please do NOT start off at £ 10 per point.

You are likely to get burned and lose a lot of money.

Start off with a demo account in Capital Spreads ( say ) or with IG Index where I believe you can trade with minimal amounts at the start.

Lobengula

If you consider that you are willing to risk 5% of your bank, as Keith Cotterill suggests as maximum, a £10 stake at the average stop loss advised would need a starting bank of £6000. I don't know if you would have this amount on top of the £2000-odd for the system but I would very strongly advise you to use a demo account first, as Yacarob suggests and forget £10 stakes until you are very sure of your method. The Capital Spreads one will work for the first 14 days, then you could go to ODL or IG to carry on at 50p until you were satisfied with your results. In fact, if you sign up for the TradeSense learning program on IG, you can start at 10p - and with guaranteed stops too.

I know it sounds like a wonderful idea to start trading immediately, relying on the advertising and paying for the program in the trial period but you do need some time to get your act together. It is profitable with the right settings but you have to find what they are for you and which pair or pairs you want to trade. If you are seriously thinking of having a go at it, I recommend that you go to Graham Laurie's blog on Cash Master Blog and follow his posts back through the pages. He is very open about his methods and the profit he has made, for which I can vouch, having seen his trading and results for myself. He has now traded this for 15 weeks and averaged just under 100 pips a week so, as you can imagine, he is very satisfied with the product.

I know it sounds like a wonderful idea to start trading immediately, relying on the advertising and paying for the program in the trial period but you do need some time to get your act together.

Whatever you decide to do, remember to take the advertising with a very large pinch of salt.

Hi there,

I was hoping that someone has had the system for 2 months, worked it to the hilt and could let me know if the £2k was well spent, or that the seller is quite frankly having a laugh at £2k a throw:)

for a website like that, it's not worth it (n)
200, maybe if i found adequate reviews :whistling

My take on TUFXP

I bought TUFXP 25 days ago (5 days to go :D) - complete Newbie trader

Opened an account with IG Index and have been trading 10p and then 20p a point for the last couple of weeks or so. Maybe August is a bad month for trading (and I hear it is generally) but I decided to go with the GBPUSD market for my test run as a. that's been pretty volatile and b. the news is pretty easy to follow for both for a newbie like me.

I have been pretty cautious and made a couple of early ****-ups such as setting my stop too short and crashing almost immediately. But I've had a few wins and a few losses. Overall my bank is down from £500 to £448 so it's not terrible but I willbe sending the package back.

The reason: it's marketed as a one click system, if it's green go long, if it's red go short. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Not so. I have been running 5 and 10 minute charts alongside each other and have had alerts telling me to short on one and long on the other AT EXACTLY THE SAME TIME. I have tweaked my settings but have found nothing that appears to give me a better than even chance of making some decent money.

The promises in the sales letter are overstated but with a "free" trial it was worth a go. I'm looking forward to seeing the £2k back on my credit card shortly - shame about the £52.

(n)

daveydavey

Couldn't agree with you more about the advertising.

Very misleading indeed.

Make sure you get proof of postage when returning the package.

Last edited:
Hi all,

have purchased the system between 3 of us, and have had it aorund 2 months!!! We have come to the conclusion that the system does not really work by itself, and is actually incredibly complex and not a '1 click' fix all!!!

Although we have found that if you add other things along side it, like getting live news feeds, being stuck to forex factory, and constantly testing other peoples stratergies and not just sticking to red or green, but using that as another indicator it can work and we have had some good wins!!! We also have had some bad losses but with a bit of tweeking we are getting there!!!

But and its a massive but, the price is far too high!!!

the porblem being a newbie is that we would not have known how to have got to this stage without...........maybe we are just generally really thick????