Ukraine plays?

joeycoyle

Am i missing any really EASY plays based on the heightening tensions in the Ukraine?

I don't want to reinvent the wheel here BUT there is so much great information here that my head is spinning....

Just wondering .....and thank you for hours of entertaining reading so far!

Yeah man here you go! Go long USD/UAH if any broker offer that pair. You will be in profit even with predatory spreads..

Short term plays have and were already taken ahead of the news so you've missed the boat. Longer term plays would typically have centerd around gas, but with excess capacity from the US and UAE and Saudi about to mix it with Qatar on a political basis you'd be crazy to attempt to deduce a way through to profit.

Putin has made a bold move and he would not have done so without a solid commercial a basis for doing so. Forget his need to protect the Russian military bases in Crimea, that was always a given and the West has seemingly given up on even thinking about wresting power from him there, quite sensibly too. The military build up while partly logistical to provide additional security for existing Russian bases, also serves as a smokescreen for the commercial aspects.

What the major players will be doing now is getting as much inside research data as they can get their hands on to find out what it is they (the Ruskies) have discovered about Ukraine and most likely that will be related to mineral assets.

Everyone looks at Russia and forget about Turkey! Turks in the Crimea will not participate in the referendum. According to the Peace Treaty of 1768 Crimea belongs to Turkey. Here you have a major player!

obviously, Putin had the Economics of it figured out BEFORE the move and that's why he's rich...
gotta love the head of the spooks in russia running things.....
there was a great story in the news about a weird phenomena last week

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...o-radar-near-1945-nuclear-bomb-test-site.html

my genius friend says it was in response to the saber rattling of the russian diplomart who reminded us that russia has nukes... so this was USA saying, we got one of these........

I don't think it will end in war. It will become the Northern Ireland of Russia

I don't think it will end in war. It will become the Northern Ireland of Russia

It won't end in war for the simple reason there isn't anyone capable of going to war with Russia that would want to go to war with Russia.

The Northern Ireland of Russia? Chechnya. What they wouldn't give for a binding, and blindingly rapid referendum and breathtakingly rapid however quasi-legal adoption of consensus.

Russia wants Ukraine back and it will get it back one way or another. And nobody will stop it.