Ukraine invasion

A non-partisan research post - London
----------------------------------------------------
Russian cannon fodder
Ukraine war: The Indian men traumatised by fighting for Russia
  1. In October last year, David Moothappan saw a Facebook advertisement offering jobs as security guards in Russia.
  2. The promised monthly salary - 204,000 roubles ($2,201; £1,739) - seemed a huge amount to the school-dropout fisherman from the southern Indian state of Kerala.
  3. Weeks later, Mr Moothappan, 23, found himself on the warfront in the Russian-held city of Donetsk in eastern Ukraine.
  4. "It's death and destruction everywhere," he says, when asked about his time there.
  5. He and another man from Kerala managed to return home last week.
  6. They are among several Indians who were duped by agents into fighting Russian forces in the country's war with Ukraine over the past few months.
  7. A few have managed to make their way back home but others are still stuck in Russia.
  8. Most of them are from poor families and were lured with the promise of jobs, sometimes as "helpers" in the Russian army.
  9. At least two Indians have died so far in the war.

5:00: It's fair to say that what the Russians pronounce
5:02: about their weapons capabilities
5:04: and what they actually can do rarely intersect.
5:07: They want everybody to be thinking
5:09: about the possibility of nuclear war,
5:11: thinking about a ruinous arms race,
5:13: and so they are exaggerating what their capabilities are.

5:27: There are several challenges
5:28: that Russia continues to face.
5:29: Resources is one of them.
5:31: The second is that their technology
5:33: does not equal what is available to the West.

Inside Poseidon, Russia’s Mysterious Autonomous Nuclear Torpedo | WSJ Equipped​

Last edited:

Is this the latest 'game changer' wonder weapon that's going to reverse the Russian tsunami that's engulfing Ukraine? How many are we up to now - 39 is it - I've lost count! Jeez, how many more innocent and ever younger Ukrainians have to die before Zelensky and Biden et al admit the game is up and call it a day? Needless to say, that's a rhetorical question as we all know the answer: they'll do anything and everything they possibly can to perpetuate this insanity until the election in November. I'm not a religious type, but I'd love it if hell was real, as these psychopathic criminals are destined to occupy a very special place in it for all eternity.
:mad:

Russia-Ukraine war: Russia tightens grip despite initial setbacks | WION Fineprint​

Is this the latest 'game changer' wonder weapon that's going to reverse the Russian tsunami that's engulfing Ukraine? How many are we up to now - 39 is it - I've lost count! Jeez, how many more innocent and ever younger Ukrainians have to die before Zelensky and Biden et al admit the game is up and call it a day? Needless to say, that's a rhetorical question as we all know the answer: they'll do anything and everything they possibly can to perpetuate this insanity until the election in November. I'm not a religious type, but I'd love it if hell was real, as these psychopathic criminals are destined to occupy a very special place in it for all eternity.
:mad:
Yr 3 and still trying to justify Russia's invasion of another country.
How long will it take for you to understand that Russia will not be allowed to win in Ukraine.

:ROFLMAO:

Yr 3 and still trying to justify Russia's invasion of another country.
How long will it take for you to understand that Russia will not be allowed to win in Ukraine.

:ROFLMAO:
C_V,
Firstly, at no point in my post did I attempt to justify Russia's invasion of Ukraine. As you well know, the reason for the invasion has been explained many times and in great detail by the likes of Profs. John Mearsheimer and Jeffrey Sachs - among many others.

Secondly, Russia has already won the war. How long will it take for you to understand the bleedin' obvious that everyone else has understood for well over a year now - namely that Ukraine has already lost? UKRAINE CAN NOT WIN THAT WHICH THEY HAVE ALREADY LOST!!! You're completely deluded if you think otherwise. Needless to say, you know that perfectly well, evidenced by your refusal to accept my bet. So, why oh why do you keep pretending otherwise?
Tim.

So who is ACTUALLY paying for these student loans, Joe? Daily Mail reveals who is footing Biden's $150 BILLION bid to 'buy votes' by wiping debt
  • The White House announced another $7.4B in student loan debt canceled Friday
  • 4.3 million student loan borrowers have had debt canceled since President Biden took office#

How long will it take for USA and UK to recognise NATO will not be allowed to host it's weapons in Ukraine?

They will do whatever they like. Who's going to stop them, Russia ? :ROFLMAO:

Has Nato expanded or contracted since Putlers invasion of Ukraine?

There are more weapons now at Nato's disposal and right on Russia's border. Finland won't be putting up with any BS from Russia.

Russia's futile persistence meddling in Ukraine will be it's undoing. What we are witnessing is the start of the dismantling of the Russian empire. As their leadership crumbles, then the real trouble starts as all the different factions will compete for a stake.

Last edited:
C_V,
Firstly, at no point in my post did I attempt to justify Russia's invasion of Ukraine. As you well know, the reason for the invasion has been explained many times and in great detail by the likes of Profs. John Mearsheimer and Jeffrey Sachs - among many others.

Secondly, Russia has already won the war. How long will it take for you to understand the bleedin' obvious that everyone else has understood for well over a year now - namely that Ukraine has already lost? UKRAINE CAN NOT WIN THAT WHICH THEY HAVE ALREADY LOST!!! You're completely deluded if you think otherwise. Needless to say, you know that perfectly well, evidenced by your refusal to accept my bet. So, why oh why do you keep pretending otherwise?
Tim.

All you're experts and sources are crap.

Here's a bunch of experts and Profs putting Sachs straight.

Enjoy.

Same goes for Mearsheimer.

Last edited:

All you're experts and sources are crap.

Here's a bunch of experts and Profs putting Sachs straight.

Enjoy.
c_v,
So, if my profs are wrong and your so called 'experts' (cough) are right - and you believe them - logic dictates that you'd bite my arm off at the ankle and take the bet. That you're 🐔ing out of doing that tells me - and all subscribers to this thread - everything we need to know. Namely, that you don't believe anything you post on this topic, but your massive ego won't allow you to admit publicly you got it so hopelessly wrong. There's only one way to prove otherwise and that's by taking the bet! If 20 oz of silver is too much for you, I'm happy to reduce it back down to 10 oz or even 5 oz. What you can't do is have it both ways: either put up or shut up!
Tim.

At last, finally you're right about something! :ROFLMAO:
As I say, Russia has stopped them, past tense, it's over.
NATO's continued its expansion - but not in a way that hurts Russia. That said, it's good that you're catching on (finally) that it's NATO that's causing all the problems by continually expanding - not Russia.
There are more weapons now at Nato's disposal and right on Russia's border. Finland won't be putting up with any BS from Russia.
Finland won't have to put up with any BS from Russia. But, they'll have to put up with plenty of it coming from NATO -demanding ever larger financial contributions to fill the pockets of the military industrial complex.
Russia's futile persistence meddling in Ukraine will be it's undoing. What we are witnessing is the start of the dismantling of the Russian empire. As their leadership crumbles, then the real trouble starts as all the different factions will compete for a stake.
You've been saying this from the start and all that's happened is that Russia has become measurably stronger while the west has become measurably weaker. It's not Russia that's crumbling - it's the west. But, of course, you know this perfectly well.

I reckon when you're away from this forum and putting the world to rights over a pint with family and friends - you say pretty much verbatim what I, histo' and At' et al - have been saying from the get go!
:cool:

LOL Russia already has otherwise the West would have done what ever they liked and went in to Ukraine. They have in subtle and sneaky ways still doing so. Called them mercanaries or aid whatever, outcome has been devestating for Ukraine.

Sweden and Finland have simply made themselves targets.

I'd hazzard a guess in the near future some countries in Latin America will join the BRIC alliance and defensive pact that's in the making.

Heard some numpty on radio saying US has responsibility to Ukraine. Biden says he has his elections to think about. US has zilch responsibility or accountability.

Ukrainians need to be held accountable and the people along with the true army of the people maybe can rise up and kick that clown and his bent cronies in the pocket of US out of office that's what they will need to do. Also, Ukraine is running out of men to send to the front line. What a waste of life.

If another ME war brakes out US, already in trillions of debt will find it hard manage two fronts.

One is then looking at China in the Pacific Ocean becoming more assertive. US and the West are well and trully fluffed up with their global expansion plans. Thus far other nations are just simply tolerating the injustice displayed by the US.

Much like the extreme arrogance of the British Empire in the late 19th century before it started crumbling at the start of the 20th, I suspecct US will go the same way unless it changes course.

China supporting Russia in massive military expansion, US says​

Beijing helping with drone production, space-based capabilities and ballistic missile production

Ukraine war briefing: Moscow declares BBC Russian correspondent ‘foreign agent’​

Broadcaster condemns justice ministry’s move against employee Ilya Barabanov, as well as Russian science journalist Asya Kazantseva. What we know on day 780