No support
No resolve
They have no idea why they are there

How can they possibly win
The odds are firmly stacked against them
And winter is coming
They will surrender in droves
c_v,
Assuming you're talking about Ukraine - then I completely agree.
:D

Ukraine only had one advantage over Russia: the number of troops on the ground. With the mobilisation of 300k reservists, Russia have nullified that advantage. In all other respects, all other respects, be it equipment, ammo, air support and defence, logistics, - you name it - Russia has the upper hand. There's absolutely no way that Ukraine can win this conflict. As I've said time and time again, that's impossible without direct NATO intervention.
Tim.

Last edited:

Update on Russian military operations in Ukraine for October 15, 2022
  • Elon Musk placed temporarily on notorious Ukrainian kill list.
  • US aid to Ukraine continues to dwindle.
  • NATO air defence project spans years and unlikely to help Ukraine in short-term.
  • Ukraine's offensives are increasingly depleted quickening arrival at inflection point when irreversible Russian advances begin.

Ukraine only had one advantage over Russia: the number of troops on the ground. With the mobilisation of 300k reservists, Russia have nullified that advantage. In all other respects, all other respects, be it equipment, ammo, air support and defence, logistics, - you name it - Russia has the upper hand. There's absolutely no way that Ukraine can win this conflict. As I've said time and time again, that's impossible without direct NATO intervention.
Tim.
I think even you and all the other Russian supporters here would agree the Ukrainians are more motivated to defend their homeland than the Russian conscripts are for attacking it. That has been a big advantage in the fighting and has been a factor for external support of Ukraine.

But I agree those 300K reservists might put a strain on Ukrainian social services as more and more of them surrender without a fight.;)

And, if anyone wonders why a conscripted soldier might not want to fight ...

Last edited:
I think even you and all the other Russian supporters here would agree the Ukrainians are more motivated to defend their homeland than the Russian conscripts are for attacking it. That has been a big advantage in the fighting and has been a factor for external support of Ukraine.
R_L,
As you well know, I'm not a "Russian supporter". I'm an independent observer who merely wants the death and destruction to end - which is a different matter entirely.

Russians troops see themselves as defending their country from what they perceive to be an existential threat posed by the U.S., NATO and the collective west. As such, I think they're just as motivated to fight as Ukrainian troops are. That said, even if you're right and morale is poor among the Russians and high among the Ukrainians then, helpful though that is, it's a minor advantage that's not going to change the outcome of the conflict.

Suffice to say, Liz Truss has more chance of still being British Prime Minister this time next year than Ukraine has of winning this conflict. That's how bad the situation is for Zelensky! And if - as expected - Truss is replaced by Sunak, things will be even worse for Zelensky, as Sunak's nowhere near as hawkish as Truss is and will be far less inclined to support Ukraine with further 'lethal aid' packages. I'm afraid it's pretty much game over for Zelensky and Ukraine.
Tim.

Update on Russian military operations in Ukraine for October 15, 2022
  • Elon Musk placed temporarily on notorious Ukrainian kill list.
  • US aid to Ukraine continues to dwindle.
  • NATO air defence project spans years and unlikely to help Ukraine in short-term.
  • Ukraine's offensives are increasingly depleted quickening arrival at inflection point when irreversible Russian advances begin.

Maybe Elon wants off the list.
May have decided that there's more to life than money.
Like life itself. :ROFLMAO:

R_L,
As you well know, I'm not a "Russian supporter". I'm an independent observer who merely wants the death and destruction to end - which is a different matter entirely.
:ROFLMAO:
Russians troops see themselves as defending their country from what they perceive to be an existential threat posed by the U.S., NATO and the collective west. As such, I think they're just as motivated to fight as Ukrainian troops are. That said, even if you're right and morale is poor among the Russians and high among the Ukrainians then, helpful though that is, it's a minor advantage that's not going to change the outcome of the conflict.
Russian troops are there not because of the reasons you give, but because Putler told them to go.
Nope, these conscripts are no match for the well organised Ukrainian forces who have gone far beyond what was expected of them. Their tails are up, they can smell victory. They will not back down until mission accomplished.
Suffice to say, Liz Truss has more chance of still being British Prime Minister this time next year than Ukraine has of winning this conflict. That's how bad the situation is for Zelensky! And if - as expected - Truss is replaced by Sunak, things will be even worse for Zelensky, as Sunak's nowhere near as hawkish as Truss is and will be far less inclined to support Ukraine with further 'lethal aid' packages. I'm afraid it's pretty much game over for Zelensky and Ukraine.

Even if Truss is replaced by Sunak or anyone else for that matter, it will make no difference to the policy of supporting Ukraine.

As pointed out previously, these latest conscripts will make no difference at all in terms of helping the Russian side.
In fact, there's a very good chance that they will be a hinderance to their own side, using up ever diminishing resources. So if the Ukrainians don't get them, then the 7 month veteran Russian troops might. Assuming they haven't surrendered beforehand.

Pitiful display reflecting Putin's desperation and isolation.

Russian troops are there not because of the reasons you give, but because Putler told them to go.
Nope, these conscripts are no match for the well organised Ukrainian forces
I have to disagree with you on that. Here is an example about some very motivated Russian volunteers training to be soldiers. They would have made great soldiers but their training didn't teach them to
  1. Avoid shooting soldiers on your side.
  2. If this accidentally happens, stop shooting before the bullets run out.
👨‍🎓

I have to disagree with you on that. Here is an example about some very motivated Russian volunteers training to be soldiers. They would have made great soldiers but their training didn't teach them to
  1. Avoid shooting soldiers on your side.
  2. If this accidentally happens, stop shooting before the bullets run out.
👨‍🎓

Early example of what awaits Russia when they are driven out of Ukraine and Putin removed from office.
At some point, it all falls apart.

c_v,
Laugh all you want, but anyone reading through this thread can see that I've stated time and time again that I do not support Putin and Russia's actions, that I don't agree with the invasion, it's absolutely wrong and Putin should call a ceasefire and withdraw his troops immediately. I stick by that position - nothing has changed.
Too funny! I mean, it's not as if Ukrainian troops are there because they're not allowed to leave the country is it! Oh, hang on a minute - that's precisely why they're there!
And what's with this 'Putler' nonsense?
Nope, these conscripts are no match for the well organised Ukrainian forces who have gone far beyond what was expected of them. Their tails are up, they can smell victory. They will not back down until mission accomplished.
"Their tails are up, they can smell victory". Oh p l e a s e !!! This is meaningless rhetoric - which pretty well sums up your position. It's entirely based on your hopes, wishes and fantasies - not on logic, facts and reality.
Even if Truss is replaced by Sunak or anyone else for that matter, it will make no difference to the policy of supporting Ukraine.
Well, you'd better pray that Truss is replaced by someone like Ben Wallace rather than Rishi Sunak. If I'm correct in my assertion that Sunak is the next PM, we'll definitely see a toning down in the policy on Ukraine, evidenced by his comments in the leadership battle before Truss became PM. She was waaaaaaaay more hawkish than he was - he was much more circumspect and measured.
As pointed out previously, these latest conscripts will make no difference at all in terms of helping the Russian side.
In fact, there's a very good chance that they will be a hinderance to their own side, using up ever diminishing resources. So if the Ukrainians don't get them, then the 7 month veteran Russian troops might. Assuming they haven't surrendered beforehand.
With observations like this c_v, you're wasted in the oil and gas industry - you should offer your services to the Ministry of Defence! Answer me this: why would Russian reservists (who've already had basic military training) be any more of a hindrance to Russia than their Ukrainian counterparts are to Ukraine? Spoiler alert: it cuts both ways.
Pitiful display reflecting Putin's desperation and isolation.
Over and above the 300k reservists who've been called up, an additional 70,000 Russians volunteered to join the army, so they are yet to receive their basic training, which is what the combat veteran host suggests in the video. So, without context, this footage of soldiers tells us nothing remotely useful about the mobilisation of Russian forces.
Tim.

Lots of great quotes in this wide ranging interview with the very excellent Clare Daly MEP; the stand out one for me is what she says about the EU's reaction to the sabotage of the Nord stream pipeline:
". . . This is an act of environmental and economic sabotage carried out on property of the German government - in part - and nobody in the EU is saying: "Hmm, now that might be a bit problematic"? Now that in some ways is the scariest thing of all . . . that the political leadership in Europe is prepared to have an act of environmental and economic sabotage committed on its territory and doesn't even ask a question about it!!! My god, we [the EU] really have lost the plot here . . ."

She hits the nail on the head with everything she says. Like those of us on the right side of the argument on this thread, she's dismissed as a 'Putin supporter' merely for having the audacity, the temerity, to demand deescalation, dialogue, diplomacy and peace. Heed her wise words of common sense peeps . . .

Ukraine is controlled by the West and the US and Zelensky is just an actor put there to do as he is told for a large sum of money. You don't see this on the news like Iraq or Afghanistan wars.