Ukraine invasion

Russia.jpg

Putin is finished.

Look at the body language and the pathetic justification for the invasion to his monied cronies .
This is a man who normally commands a room, doesn't take sh1t from anyone. Looks like his eyes have been opened now that the money people are set to suffer. Well, people don't like to lose their money or their freedoms and Putin has set this train in motion.

May take a little time, but he is done for.

I'm not even convinced that Russia can defeat Ukraine. Ukrainians seem resolute and digging in for the long haul. Some US general pointed out that the advantage to the home side in a protracted street war is approx 6 to1. So despite the obvious Russian superiority in personnel and equipment, tactically they should have hit hard and fast to make the advantage count.

I think Putin tried a cheap war: scaring Ukraine with many old tanks and conscripts.
What worked in Georgia in 2008 isn't working with Ukraine that is 10 times bigger.

We're told by MSM that Putin's a nutjob - which he may well be - but I for one won't take their word for it. We're told he's invaded Ukraine, but there's surprisingly little evidence of that that I can see. Sure, it's clear that military action is taking place there, but air strikes and artillery fire don't constitute an invasion - you need boots on the ground for that and lots of 'em. Where are they? Now, before anyone gets the wrong idea, I must emphasise that I don't like Putin, I don't support him, I don't trust him and I don't agree with his actions. But, equally, I don't like, support, trust or agree with the actions of most western leaders or legacy media propaganda. The era of good guys vs bad guys is long gone - as far as I'm concerned they're all bad guys now.
Tim.

you need boots on the ground for that and lots of 'em. Where are they? [/MEDIA]
Examples aren't that hard to find as long as one doesn't expect tags on soldiers and/or equipment with something like
"If found, please return to
Государственный Кремлёвский Дворец
ul. Vosdvizhenka d.1
Moscow 121019
Russia" :)

A run on the banks in Russia.

Putin will be lucky to survive a week.

I'd agree that he's going to find it increasingly difficult to claim that Russia (and the Russians) will be better off as a result of the invasion. That said, the increasing numbers of soldiers and vehicles will probably result in him being able to declare some kind of "victory" in the next couple of weeks, at most. I believe that when the dust starts to settle and the Russians become yet more repressed and impoverished (but better informed) that Putin will be seen to have reached his "Best-before" date.

I'd agree that he's going to find it increasingly difficult to claim that Russia (and the Russians) will be better off as a result of the invasion. That said, the increasing numbers of soldiers and vehicles will probably result in him being able to declare some kind of "victory" in the next couple of weeks, at most. I believe that when the dust starts to settle and the Russians become yet more repressed and impoverished (but better informed) that Putin will be seen to have reached his "Best-before" date.

There's no way back for Russia in the short to medium term. Businesses are pulling out. The ordinary russian people will become impoverished fairly quickly. The monied class are also on the run.
It's just a matter of time before someone or some group inside Russia decides that Putin will be removed.

The video attached isn't about Russia Vs Ukraine and the west per se , but about the battle between the Dollar and the Rouble. Rafi Farber's world view is based around the Austrian School of economics. Enjoy . . .

Putin is not going to ease up unless someone stops him....internally from within his party.....or Europe Steps in

He is going to wipe the Ukraine out (Scorched Earth) ...and he wont stop there

the US and Europe realise that .....they are not saying it publically yet.....they are piling troops and resources onto the border countries.....ready to defend against his next push

He will not hesitate to go Nuclear...I think his mind is now so insular and demented that he doesnt care about Russia...just his own world of Russian supremity ...

hardly comforting stuff from me ......but lets not kid ourselves

Prey he gets deposed ....we may get some assistance from the chinese here on this one ......crazy but true