Ukraine invasion

Unfortunatelly Russia has a huge trackrecord of lies so what they state has a 20% credibility.
For Ukraine I can't fing huge blatant lies, so I would give tham at least 70% credibility.
That's just your very biased opinion - which is fine - but it completely ignores the anomalies I outlined in my last post. How do you account for these?

Anomalies...
Russia has more weapons but they also wasted much more weapons than Ukraine.
Ukraine has more manpower and benefits from the support of the locals.
Ukranian soldiers are getting better with time, more experience, better training and better weapons.
Russia is still using Stalin's mantra, quantity over quality.
The problem is that 21st century people is not the same than WW2, they are not so available to become cannon fodder.
They need one million soldiers to regain momentum and I dont' think they will find them.

Anomalies...
Russia has more weapons but they also wasted much more weapons than Ukraine.
CV,
So, do they have more or not? With the exception of the Iranian drones, unlike Ukraine, there's little evidence of them going cap in hand to other countries begging for more weapons like Zelensky and Gen. Zaluzhny have been doing. And, in spite of western propaganda telling us that the Russians are running out of weapons and ammo, evidence on the ground proves otherwise.
Ukraine has more manpower and benefits from the support of the locals.
You're out of date. They had (note tense) more manpower at the start of the war. Since then, they've conscripted everyone of fighting age (including boys as young as 14, allegedly) and now need NATO soldiers to shore up the numbers. Why? Because they've lost waaaaaay more men than they're admitting to. Whereas, Russia has any amount of men they can draft in on top of the 300,000 recently mobilised reservists. Any imbalance there may have been has long since been ironed out and now favours the Russians over the Ukrainians.
Ukranian soldiers are getting better with time, more experience, better training and better weapons.
Many of the experienced and well trained Ukrainian soldiers have been killed. Self evidently, new conscripts brought in to replace them have zero experience. Out of necessity, their training is condensed to a few short months at best - so in no way is it better than the Russians. The experienced professional soldiers that remain are being taken away from the front line to receive training on all the kit that they're having to get shipped in which, unlike the Russian made kit they trained on - is largely alien to them. The Russians don't have any of these problems.
Russia is still using Stalin's mantra, quantity over quality.
At least you accept that the Russians have quantity. You'll need to provide some evidence regarding your quality claim - as there's none that I can see.
The problem is that 21st century people is not the same than WW2, they are not so available to become cannon fodder.
And yet, this is precisely what's happenning on the Ukrainian side - for reasons that have been explained before. Zelensky isn't able to execute the best military strategy because he's forced to do what Biden and the west demand. To perpetuate the fraud the west needs to see results. Therefore, Zelensky has no choice but to feed Ukrainian conscripts into the Russian meat grinder and then hide the extent of the losses in order to get more weapons from the west. No need to believe me, CV - but do please tell me why you don't believe the likes of Oleksei Reznikov, Ukraine's defence minister? Perhaps you missed this from a few days ago . . .

Oleksei_Reznikov.png

They need one million soldiers to regain momentum and I dont' think they will find them.
As mentioned already, the 300k reservists are being mobilised right now. The Russian policy is to only commit the number of troops needed to get the job done. That doesn't mean they haven't got more - many more - in the event that NATO forces join the conflict. They can conscript any number they need.

Lastly, did you read that article I linked to?
You say you're a scientist and yet you appear to actively ignore anything that doesn't support the narrative you want to believe. Prove me wrong on this and at least read that article!

Quantity will not be enough to win the war and quality is only getting worse for Russians.
I have read your article and I dont' think the numbers presented are true.

I don't pretend to be balanced, If somone lies to me I dont' waste time anymore listening to him and considering his position.
Putin had some kind of credibility, he lost it whe he tried to sell me his bullshit of nazi Ukraine.
The pro Ukraine narrative is much more credible than the pro Russian so I stick with it, it is much more close to reality.
I prefer to be right than to be balanced.

Last edited:

Update on Russian military operations in Ukraine for January 13, 2022.
  • Russian advances near Soledar and Bakhmut contradict “Ukrainian offensive momentum” narrative.
  • Russian operations are consistent with the “demilitarisation” objective for the special military operation.
  • Bakhmut & Soledar are fortified cities along one of Ukraine’s last defensive lines in the Donbass region.
  • West is announcing plans to send Western main battle tanks including Challenger 2 and Leopard 2 tanks;.
  • Challenger 2 and Leopard 2 tanks use different ammunition & both require an additional crew member (loader) increasing training demands for Ukrainian forces.
  • The large variety of equipment the West is sending will create additional burdens for Ukrainian forces without any notable benefit.
  • Western main battle tanks have proven to be vulnerable to (Russian-made) modern anti-tank weapons even under relatively ideal conditions.
  • Ukrainian forces will be going into battle without sufficient artillery or air cover and facing off against Russian forces reinforced with an additional 300k men, new defences, and an influx of new weaponry.

• West is announcing plans to send Western main battle tanks including Challenger 2 and Leopard 2 tanks;.
  • Challenger 2 and Leopard 2 tanks use different ammunition & both require an additional crew member (loader) increasing training demands for Ukrainian forces.
It was the same for artillery, Ukraine is transitioning from soviet standards to Nato standards, it is an inevitable process.

Quantity will not be enough to win the war and quality is only getting worse for Russians.
CV,
All you've done here is to ignore my post and repeat the same point as before which I've already addressed - very comprehensively. There's really no point in me posting if this is the 'quality' of your replies.
I have read your article and I dont' think the numbers presented are true.
The problem you have that completely, utterly and totally undermines your position is that you won't even believe the numbers, statistics and evidence etc. presented by your 'own' side - staunchly pro-Ukrainian commentators and experts. If it doesn't fit the narrative you want to believe - you ignore it - regardless of the origin. It's quite extraordinary and very depressing.
I don't pretend to be balanced, If somone lies to me I dont' waste time anymore listening to him and considering his position.
So, the Ukrainian defence minister lying is he? Is Gen. Zaluznhy lying when he says (in effect) that he needs a new army to win the war for Ukraine?
Putin had some kind of credibility, he lost it whe he tried to sell me his bullshit of nazi Ukraine.
The pro Ukraine narrative is much more credible than the pro Russian so I stick with it, it is much more close to reality.
The only incy wincy little problem here is that your reality is an alternative make-believe fantasy which bears absolutely no relation to what's going on on the battlefield. The pro-Ukrainian narrative used to be about defending sovereignty, freedom and democracy etc. That nonsense has long been dropped and everyone now accepts that it's a proxy war between Russia and the U.S. Please don't tell me that you think that the U.S. gives a poop about freedom and democracy in another country thousands of miles away that most of its citizens couldn't even point to on a map! Obviously, the war is about something else. To wit . . .
I prefer to be right than to be balanced.
What are you 'right' about, exactly? That it's necessary to perpetuate the death and destruction in order to cement U.S. hegemony and to make $billions in profits from gas exports and for the military industrial complex? Yes, I agree, you're 100% right about that.
Tim.

Last edited:
It was the same for artillery, Ukraine is transitioning from soviet standards to Nato standards, it is an inevitable process.
That's all well and good, UNLESS you're attempting to do it in the middle of a war. Then you become severely compromised - which is precisely where Ukraine finds itself.

Some Western analysts have been providing a more accurate picture of the conflict in Ukraine than the general barrage of Western war propaganda. They seem to agree that. . .
  • There is no path for Ukraine to win militarily.
  • Russia is nowhere near as incompetent and ill-prepared as the Western media suggests.
  • Russia is not seizing territory because it is waging a war of attrition.
  • Ukrainian territorial gains may have appeared “spectacular” but came at the cost of huge losses in men and equipment. Wounded Ukrainian soldiers reveal steep toll of Kherson offensive
  • Russia is bolstering both its manpower and defensive positions.
  • The loss of Kharkov and Kherson city has actually left Russia in a more advantageous position, more troops on a shorter line of contact.
  • Russian forces fighting in Bakhmut seek to grind Ukrainian forces down, not capture the city from them.

The loss of Kharkov and Kherson city has actually left Russia in a more advantageous position, more troops on a shorter line of contact.
Yes... losing Izium, Kupiansk and Kherson to conquer Soledar has been a spectacular deal... :ROFLMAO:

"U.S. and allies vote for Nazism at U.N."

"U.S. And Ukraine, Only Two Countries Vote Against UN Resolution Condemning Nazism"

Be happy if you are living in a Brexit country - or not ;)

finished:
1673703408152.png

Even BBC knew the role of Soledar 3 days ago:

Do you really believe this BS? :ROFLMAO:
Do you really believe the MSM bullsh*t about Ukraine's ability to defend the capital, where most of the air defense systems are installed while Eastern Ukrainian towns are suffering?

Now MSM got it:

Yes... losing Izium, Kupiansk and Kherson to conquer Soledar has been a spectacular deal... :ROFLMAO:
CV,
You're correct - it has. And here's why. . .
In a war of attrition, the eventual winner will be the side left with the most kit and most men. Conversely, the loser will be the side with the least. At that point, the larger, more powerful side, will be able to take whatever territory they want, because the weaker side won't have the kit or men to stop them. Hence - and this is the important bit - lack of territorial gains by the Russians over recent months means little. All that really matters is which side is able to retain the most amount of kit and men. That's all Russia cares about and it's why they are - and will - win the war in the long run (without direct NATO intervention).

As I've repeatedly said, Zelensky can't play this game because - as you've very neatly highlighted on this thread - western propaganda has hoodwinked Joe Public into believing that it's all about territory. So, Zelensky will sacrifice any amount of kit and men if it means he can hold on to towns and cities and/or repel the Russians to gain territory. He's playing straight into their hands and there's absolutely nothing he can do about it because, needless to say, the U.S. and collective west couldn't care less how many Ukrainians die - they're just expendable cannon fodder. This is another reason why your belief that Russian casualties outnumber Ukrainian casualties by 2:1 is completely ar$e about face. It's the other way around, only the ratio is much higher. (See The Washington Post article beneath Brian's video that I linked to in my previous post.)

To conclude, the Ukrainians 'winning' Izium, Kupiansk and Kherson superficially looks good for Zelensky and Ukraine and helps them secure more weapons and ammo which is then being destroyed by the Russians. In reality of course, they haven't really won anything; all they've done is to prolong their agony, delay the inevitable and, in the meantime, make a ton of money for the U.S. military industrial complex.
Tim.

I prefer facts over Brian conclusions.
Ok he presents facts but his conclusions are always Russia strong smart and winning.
Facts are ignored and conclusions are always the same.
If you like it stick with him, I prefer the logic of other commentators

Ukraine lost this war the day NATO and the US started it.
The West will prop up Ukraine for as long as it proves useful for money laundering and weapons contracts, after that, the politicians will let it fall and find ( or start ) a new war.
And will someone please buy Zelensky a suit?