Ukraine invasion

Yep, US loves Zelensky. He makes all the right noises and takes the right steps on furthering Democracy in Ukraine and the broader world.
With gags like that c_v, you wanna knock the oil and gas work on the head and start a career as a stand up! You don't believe this conflict is about democracy any more than I do. You pretend it is - but you know full well that it's not.
Hard to believe that Russia under Putin walked right into this trap. What a complete idiot ! :ROFLMAO:
I have some sympathy with this view, as it was blindingly obvious that the U.S. wanted a full blown war and would go to any lengths to trigger Putin into invading Ukraine. For his part, Putin will argue that his goal is to end the war that was started by Ukraine / U.S. in 2014, and he'll likely achieve that unless the U.S. administration is mad enough - as in totally bat shit crazy - to escalate it even further into a full blown nuclear conflict. A prospect that you appear to be quite happy with. And that's something I find super, ultra - off the Richter scale - scary.
😲

So if you have nukes you have the right to to execute special operations to denazify and annex territories from your neighbours.
Are you happy with Transnistria Abkazia and South Ossetia?
I think it is better to put an end to Putin's "peace-keeping" frozen conflicts.

So if you have nukes you have the right to to execute special operations to denazify and annex territories from your neighbours.
CV,
You're conflating issues that are best kept apart, otherwise the waters become even more muddied than they already are. In the context of the war, the more Russia is backed into a corner, the greater the risk that they will deploy their nukes. Denazification and annexed territories etc. are not relevant.
Are you happy with Transnistria Abkazia and South Ossetia?
I have no view as I don't know enough about them. Besides which, they're none of my business.
I think it is better to put an end to Putin's "peace-keeping" frozen conflicts.
Are you prepared to risk nuclear war to achieve that objective? If so, how does it benefit you in Italy, R_L in the U.S. of me in England? Additionally, why are you so keen to put an end to Putin's "peace-keeping" frozen conflicts, but quite happy for the U.S. to shower its $hite all over the world with impunity? It smacks of 'it's okay when we do it, but it's totally unacceptable when you do it'. The question's a rhetorical one but, if you must respond, please spare us the BS line about the west spreading peace, love, freedom and democracy via their bombs, while everyone else merely uses theirs to impose a tyrannical, totalitarian kleptocracy. Or whatever!
Tim.

I have no view as I don't know enough about them. Besides which, they're none of my business.
It is pretty mandatory to know about them to understand the historical context of what Putin is doing with Ukraine.
"shame on you!" :ROFLMAO:

Are you prepared to risk nuclear war to achieve that objective? If so, how does it benefit you in Italy, R_L in the U.S. of me in England?
Yes I am prepared.
I think that a democratic Ukraine and a democratic Russia are better for the progress and wealth of the world and better for the life of Ukranians and Russians.
A total defeat of Putin is a necessary step to acheive it.

Yes I am prepared.
I think that a democratic Ukraine and a democratic Russia are better for the progress and wealth of the world and better for the life of Ukranians and Russians.
A total defeat of Putin is a necessary step to acheive it.
CV,
You scare me as much as c_v does.
Please tell me that this is a wind up? If not, then you appear to be saying that you're willing to risk nuclear war, which could result in your death and that of all your family and friends - merely in order to achieve what you regard as a desirable ideological change - not in your own country - but in other countries whose regimes have minimal - if not zero - impact on your life and well being. I wonder: how many of those closest to you know about your ultra, ultra extreme views and willingness to sacrifice their lives - simply to achieve this bizarre goal and, if they are - how they feel about it? This is complete and utter madness.
😲
Tim.

Ya don't say! . . .
No conclusive evidence Russia is behind Nord Stream attack
Note that the WSJ article doesn’t mention which country might be responsible and had the means, motive and opportunity to carry out the attack, such as the U.S., Poland or Ukraine. For a newspaper whose slogan is 'Democracy Dies in Darkness', entertaining theories that are inconvenient for the U.S. government is apparently too much to ask. Such is the nature of MSM in the west these days. Too depressing.

your ultra, ultra extreme views
If fyou think territorial integrity is an extreme view you are free to consider me an extremist.
you're willing to risk nuclear war
I prefer to take a minimal risk today to prevent more risk tomorrow from other nuclear powers blackmailing their neighbours.
I prefer a world with less dictators and less nukes.
Ukranians are really risking their lives for their freedom, we are only spending more to pay bills.

Congress Warns Of Government Shutdown If We Don't Fund Ukraine By Friday
"This situation is dire," Republican Senate leader Mitch McConnell said to reporters gathered at the U.S. Capitol. "Our government is facing a shutdown, and the only way to avoid it is for us to send $45 billion to Ukraine by the end of the week. Life as we know it in the United States depends on us funding Ukraine. It doesn't get any more clear or understandable than that."

babylonbee.jpg

Question: Is this satire or is it true?
'kin hard to tell the difference these days!

Congress Warns Of Government Shutdown If We Don't Fund Ukraine By Friday

If fyou think territorial integrity is an extreme view you are free to consider me an extremist.
CV,
That's not what I said. Not even close.
You have stated quite clearly in this post that you're willing to risk nuclear war, which could result in your death and that of all your family and friends - merely in order to achieve what you regard as a desirable ideological change and "territorial integrity" - not in your own country - but in other countries whose regimes have minimal - if not zero - impact on your life and well being. That, in anyone's book, is an having an ultra, ultra extreme view which many would consider as insane.
I prefer to take a minimal risk today to prevent more risk tomorrow from other nuclear powers blackmailing their neighbours.
If you regard nuclear war which - I say again - could result in the death and destruction of just about everyone and everything as "a minimal risk", then there's the confirmation for those that need it that you've completely lost the plot!
I prefer a world with less dictators and less nukes.
Well, everyone other than dictators with nukes will agree with that! However, the reality is that there are dictators and there are nukes, so we have to address the situation we find ourselves in and cast aside what we want, wish and hope for.
Ukranians are really risking their lives for their freedom, we are only spending more to pay bills.
Wrong about Ukrainians, right about the bills.
The U.S. is overseeing the deliberate destruction of Ukraine and the death of tens of thousands - if not hundreds of thousands of its people - for three main reasons:
1. To maintain its hegemony on the world stage and to keep the $USD as the world's reserve currency.
2. To maintain and enlarge NATO which has become increasingly irrelevant following the break up of the former Soviet Union.
3. To make $billions upon billions via the military industrial complex and the oil and gas industry. Self evidently, the former needs wars and the latter can be achieved by driving a wedge between Europe and Russia so that we (Europe) are dependant upon the U.S. for our gas and not Russia. Needless to say, this feeds back into points one and two.

These are the real reasons why the Biden administration want this war and, to be fair to them, they've played a blinder, because they've largely achieved their goals while, at the same time, duped almost everyone into thinking their motives are to defend Ukraine's sovereignty "territorial integrity", democracy and freedom. That's total bollox. To believe that the U.S. cares two hoots about a country that most of its citizens couldn't even locate on a map is naive beyond belief. That you can't see past this crude and obvious ruse - even when I and others spell it out in black and white - is beyond depressing.
😲
Tim.

Last edited:

Update on Russian military operations in and around Ukraine for December 23, 2022
  • US prepares a 1.85 billion USD aid package for Ukraine.
  • Package includes Patriot missile battery.
  • Western media notes Ukraine's use of Patriot missiles will compound existing missile shortage.
  • Package falls short in terms of artillery ammunition.
  • Pentagon contracts for additional ammunition for Ukraine's Soviet-era weapon systems falls far short of meeting Ukraine's weekly requirements let alone what it will require over the next month or year.
  • Pentagon provides a "fact sheet" listing all support the US has provided since Russia's special military operation began in late February.
  • Many systems on the Pentagon's end-of-year list cannot be replaced nor production ramped up for years to come.
  • Russia's military appears prepared for long-term, intense, large-scale combat, it's forces arrayed for such fighting, its stockpiles large enough to supply it, hinting at the possibility Russia's military industrial output is also prepared to sustain it.

CV,
That's not what I said. Not even close.
You have stated quite clearly in this post that you're willing to risk nuclear war, which could result in your death and that of all your family and friends - merely in order to achieve what you regard as a desirable ideological change and "territorial integrity" - not in your own country - but in other countries whose regimes have minimal - if not zero - impact on your life and well being. That, in anyone's book, is an having an ultra, ultra extreme view which many would consider as insane.

If you regard nuclear war which - I say again - could result in the death and destruction of just about everyone and everything as "a minimal risk", then there's the confirmation for those that need it that you've completely lost the plot!

Well, everyone other than dictators with nukes will agree with that! However, the reality is that there are dictators and there are nukes, so we have to address the situation we find ourselves in and cast aside what we want, wish and hope for.

Wrong about Ukrainians, right about the bills.
The U.S. is overseeing the deliberate destruction of Ukraine and the death of tens of thousands - if not hundreds of thousands of its people - for three main reasons:
1. To maintain its hegemony on the world stage and to keep the $USD as the world's reserve currency.
2. To maintain and enlarge NATO which has become increasingly irrelevant following the break up of the former Soviet Union.
3. To make $billions upon billions via the military industrial complex and the oil and gas industry. Self evidently, the former needs wars and the latter can be achieved by driving a wedge between Europe and Russia so that we (Europe) are dependant upon the U.S. for our gas and not Russia. Needless to say, this feeds back into points one and two.

These are the real reasons why the Biden administration want this war and, to be fair to them, they've played a blinder, because they've largely achieved their goals while, at the same time, duped almost everyone into thinking their motives are to defend Ukraine's sovereignty "territorial integrity", democracy and freedom. That's total bollox. To believe that the U.S. cares two hoots about a country that most of its citizens couldn't even locate on a map is naive beyond belief. That you can't see past this crude and obvious ruse - even when I and others spell it out in black and white - is beyond depressing.
😲
Tim.

It was clear in the first week of the current invasion that Ukrainians would fight to the last man. They have clearly learned a few things since 2014.
Freedom and democracy have a price and we are all paying for it in some way, but none more so than the valiant Ukrainians.

Might be time to stop listening to "no mark" conspiracy theory, you-tube mates. I'm pretty sure you are being mugged off. :ROFLMAO:

Meanwhile, in the real world.

Might be time to stop listening to "no mark" conspiracy theory, you-tube mates. I'm pretty sure you are being mugged off. :ROFLMAO:
c_v,
In post after post I make clear, salient and factual points and this is the best you can do in reply? You think I'm being "mugged off" but, as usual, fail to offer a single reason why. Anyone reading this thread will know the reason for that. It's understandable, I suppose, when your only real argument in all this is that Putin is a bit of a bad egg and must be stopped. That's pretty much the beginning and end of your narrative. As for the real world - you appear to be about as far away from it as it's possible to get!
:rolleyes:

Regarding your vacuous 'freedom and democracy' mantra that you so love to trot out, answer me this . . .
When the Russian armed forces have finished their military action, there will be precious little left of Ukraine, both in terms of infrastructure and population. The former will be destroyed and the latter will, for the most part, either be refugees knocking on your door or dead. The U.S. will have achieved its main objectives that I outlined in my last post and, likewise, Putin will also have achieved his main objectives that he outlined at the start of the conflict. Under these circumstances (which none other than General Zaluzhny has said will unfold without a massive intervention from NATO), pray tell me: how has anyone's freedom and democracy been preserved - let alone won?
Tim.

Last edited:
That, in anyone's book, is an having an ultra, ultra extreme view which many would consider as insane.
Some people see Russia's foreign policy as roughly similar to this with the proper response as something like this.

Now that situation worked out ok eventually except maybe not so much for
1671814194133.png

Others have the "ultra, ultra extreme view" that this should be stopped.;)

More simple home truths from Scott Ritter, along with correcting General Patraeus regarding some surprising misconceptions for such a distinguished senior military officer. Unless, that is, he was just spewing out lies that he assumed - not unreasonably - would be lapped up unquestioningly by an impotent and compliant MSM, along with their naive and unthinking consumers. So, either the general isn't very good at his job, or he's very good at it, if his job is to lie through his teeth. You decide . . .

More simple home truths from Scott Ritter, along with correcting General Patraeus regarding some surprising misconceptions for such a distinguished senior military officer. Unless, that is, he was just spewing out lies that he assumed - not unreasonably - would be lapped up unquestioningly by an impotent and compliant MSM, along with their naive and unthinking consumers. So, either the general isn't very good at his job, or he's very good at it, if his job is to lie through his teeth. You decide . . .

Should we believe the opinions of a professional Russian propagandist about how well Russian conscripts are trained, or should we believe actual evidence?

The choice is this

Or this
scott_ritter_as_clown.jpg

:D

c_v,
In post after post I make clear, salient and factual points and this is the best you can do in reply? You think I'm being "mugged off" but, as usual, fail to offer a single reason why. Anyone reading this thread will know the reason for that. It's understandable, I suppose, when your only real argument in all this is that Putin is a bit of a bad egg and must be stopped. That's pretty much the beginning and end of your narrative. As for the real world - you appear to be about as far away from it as it's possible to get!
:rolleyes:

Regarding your vacuous 'freedom and democracy' mantra that you so love to trot out, answer me this . . .
When the Russian armed forces have finished their military action, there will be precious little left of Ukraine, both in terms of infrastructure and population. The former will be destroyed and the latter will, for the most part, either be refugees knocking on your door or dead. The U.S. will have achieved its main objectives that I outlined in my last post and, likewise, Putin will also have achieved his main objectives that he outlined at the start of the conflict. Under these circumstances (which none other than General Zaluzhny has said will unfold without a massive intervention from NATO), pray tell me: how has anyone's freedom and democracy been preserved - let alone won?
Tim.

Well you are being mugged off. Not much else to say really.

No country or individuals of standing are supporting Putin and his invasion/ genocide in Ukraine.

So before you say it, we can discount the leading three.

Iran, pariah state.
North Korea, pariah state.
Belarus, totally dependent on and controlled by Russia.

China and India sitting on the fence, but more than happy to exploit Russia for, below market value, Oil and Gas.

You have nowhere to go with your ridiculous arguments and justifications.

So apart from that, have a merry Christmas. 🇺🇦 (y) :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
The brain washing and propaganda runs deep.
Some of the views expressed in this vid are incomprehensible to all but the Russians.