UK Wonderstox

Hook Shot

CCH International ~ 16.5p
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=cch:LN

This company has gone through change recently. Was involved in international trade finance but now more involved in Islamic financing (inclucing trade). Financing according to strict Islamic principles seems to be on the increase and could become a new bubble !

Why have I termed it a wonder stock ?
It is tiny around 14m market cap and the directors only well over 50% of the float. But the business reason is it looks likely to generate high growth in coming years as the sector grows .........and they should grow faster than the market.

The likely high revenue growth should lead to strong earnings growth which will inevitably attract the attention of the investment newsletters/tip sheets and the sunday press! I predict there will be a feeding frenzy and the stock could go into orbit.

However, I think this bubble will be unsustainable................... but by then many will have multiplied their capital a few times.

I think I've seen this movie before .......... it has all the hallmarks of an early bubblestock but in the years ahead ENSURE you have somewhere to sit down when the music stops!

DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH - THIS IS HIGHLY SPECULATIVE

For what it's worth I am hoping for price to move nearer towards 10p - but if I'm just being scrooge-like ........ If I'm right this when this starts running it will go on for a good while!

Hook Shot

Update - when last checked CCH was 26.5p that's up 10p on 16.5p errrrmmmm

Volume is slight but price is going up...... year end is Dec 06 and I expect results to be ridiculously good.... We ARE coming from a low base...... but the momentum seems to be just getting started...

DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH ........ It's quite possible ...I've overlooked something !

HS

Ps Got another one begins with A and also penny stock.. but decent biz ..... may comment later..

Isn't life funny ....... the moment I start pounding the table about the short term gains...they evaporate with Cch seen at 21.5p today.....

Humbled me naaaaargh! Results due for release before Easter hopefully should support my Mid Term optimism.... This baby is just getting started.........unless

Be brave Hookie..... I target 30p by end of Q1 ........almost 50% but chicken feed further out.....hopefully!

Do your own......... you know the script..

HS

Hook Shot said:
Isn't life funny ....... the moment I start pounding the table about the short term gains...they evaporate with Cch seen at 21.5p today.....

Humbled me naaaaargh! Results due for release before Easter hopefully should support my Mid Term optimism.... This baby is just getting started.........unless

Be brave Hookie..... I target 30p by end of Q1 ........almost 50% but chicken feed further out.....hopefully!

Do your own......... you know the script..

HS

Yes, I know the script, alright! I, also, know all about the bravery bit. I have one of those--GLD. At present holding up well but it's going to need some more good news, soon! I've had them down to 15p at one time and I'm not sure whether these penny ones are good for me! Small daily volume is the problem, someone only has to trade the slightest amount and they rise or fall 10 points as quick as light.

Are you a buy and hold man, or a trader? If the former, I have just bought RAB using the "Stage Analysis" idea which is the subject of a recent article in T2W. The fundamentals look good and the price just went through the 30 week av. which is a buy signal.

Split

Splitlink said:
Yes, I know the script, alright! I, also, know all about the bravery bit. I have one of those--GLD. At present holding up well but it's going to need some more good news, soon! I've had them down to 15p at one time and I'm not sure whether these penny ones are good for me! Small daily volume is the problem, someone only has to trade the slightest amount and they rise or fall 10 points as quick as light.

Are you a buy and hold man, or a trader? If the former, I have just bought RAB using the "Stage Analysis" idea which is the subject of a recent article in T2W. The fundamentals look good and the price just went through the 30 week av. which is a buy signal.

Split

At last some feedback so before the NY madness I'll say I;m a buy and hold for Cch international as I see the frenzy rising to silly levels when the press gang get their teeth into it.
Islamic finance is a real trend in my view but ..... as ever it will become over-hyped.
Cch will likely produce the numbers but ............. it won't be sustained in the long term imo.
But long term could be well into 2008!

Volume on tiddlers can be a problem but as arrogant as it sounds there are so many stocks on the LSE most people can't keep track of them so for now Cch might be overlooked.... and hopefully undervalued.

My only worry is not a company specific issue ....it's Fidelity's bearish view on Uk stockmarket. They could be full of it but Me thinks they know more than me.
That has prevented me from betting the bike shed on cch and others ........ for the time being.

GLD looks okay and Motley Fool like it which is helpful...........now approaching rez so lets see

Happy New Year

HS

CCH hits 30p today....... let the party roll on! :D

Hook Shot said:
Ps Got another one begins with A and also penny stock.. but decent biz ..... may comment later..

Amberley 9.75p Perhaps change is afoot........ hopefully soon :D

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=amb:LN

Amberley used to be a small industrial company which fell on hard times. It is now practically a cash shell ......... come investment company and they have a stake in an exciting high-growth smart card company. The cards are mainly used, at the moment, for access control, ID and payment. For example they have a scheme for footy grounds whereby fans can use a swipe card to enter the ground, make retail purchases etc..........

Many of the top premierships clubs are trialling or have taken the system like arsenal, man city and west ham .......... and the list is growing.

This Rfid system has many other applications and the expansion into other areas should fuel further growth.

So What ?
Well Hook shot thinks there could be a reverse takeover with Amberley acquiring the smart card company outright ultimately trading under its own name. The transaction is likely to take place over the next two weeks or so and should give a lift to Amberley shares which are pretty stagnant ................ for now.

This is a bet on CHANGE .............

Lets see if it has any merit

Regards

The Hookster

Again don't take anything I say on trust - I'm prone to exaggeration as some already know...

Last edited:
Much as it pains me to say .... this one escaped!

Climate Exchange plc over 700p ....... I can't remember ..
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=cle:LN

Climate Exchange is the World's first exchange for environmental trading/greenhouse gas emissions.......

Two things worthy of note.... I think - founder is the legendary Dr Richard Sandor the father of the Financial Futures industry... and a visionary par excellence. Point 2.... emissions and greenhouse gases have had and will continue to have a higher profile going forward - it's got momentum.

US have not signed up ...yet but the exchange is LIVE in Europe despite some teething troubles and is gathering pace around the Globe.... Saving the Planet is big bucks and you can see that in the share price! A little crass.. I know but ........

Consider this the Environmental version of the Cbot/Cme or LSE.......... potentially the volumes and scope for product innovation is enormous.

It's still young ....only floating within last 4yrs..... but.. if you had bought into Nasdaq early within it's development what would it be worth now ?

The price has more than doubled since I mentioned it in Sep/Oct -ish ....incidentally just after Goldman took a large stake....

But no ..........this is one for the future but.................. I could have got in a long while ago and missed the opportunity not once but twice.......

Fortune favours the brave... they say! :cheesy:

Regards

Hook Shot said:
Climate Exchange plc over 700p ....... I can't remember ..
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=cle:LN

Climate Exchange is the World's first exchange for environmental trading/greenhouse gas emissions.......

Two things worthy of note.... I think - founder is the legendary Dr Richard Sandor the father of the Financial Futures industry... and a visionary par excellence. Point 2.... emissions and greenhouse gases have had and will continue to have a higher profile going forward - it's got momentum.

US have not signed up ...yet but the exchange is LIVE in Europe despite some teething troubles and is gathering pace around the Globe.... Saving the Planet is big bucks and you can see that in the share price! A little crass.. I know but ........

Consider this the Environmental version of the Cbot/Cme or LSE.......... potentially the volumes and scope for product innovation is enormous.

It's still young ....only floating within last 4yrs..... but.. if you had bought into Nasdaq early within it's development what would it be worth now ?

The price has more than doubled since I mentioned it in Sep/Oct -ish ....incidentally just after Goldman took a large stake....

But no ..........this is one for the future but.................. I could have got in a long while ago and missed the opportunity not once but twice.......

Fortune favours the brave... they say! :cheesy:

Regards

Hitting almost 900p now it has now almost TRIPLED since Sept.... this is bubble territory..
I like the business model but I would be MAD to buy here. Clearly this needs to calm down ....... maybe we'll get a decent pullback in world markets to drag this one down........ It's Amazing!
But thats why it's in the Wonderstox section :LOL: :LOL:

Hook Shot said:
Hitting almost 900p now it has now almost TRIPLED since Sept.... this is bubble territory..
I like the business model but I would be MAD to buy here. Clearly this needs to calm down ....... maybe we'll get a decent pullback in world markets to drag this one down........ It's Amazing!
But thats why it's in the Wonderstox section :LOL: :LOL:

Climate Exchange hit 1237 a couple of days ago Now 1122..... :rolleyes:

My First TRIPLER on T2W

I just gotta milk this one........some more .....as distasteful as it may seem :cheesy:

CCH international is now 54.5p (up 50% since last reminder) and has now officially tripled.....
Not bad for three months price action ?

Let the party roll on......... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Regards

GW Pharma

On a topical note..........

As some of you know GW Pharma is the company investigating the medicinal properties of cannabis. Actually, many of the "medical" benefits of the herb are well known and have been for decades....... Hopefully, this year we will finally get some indication that the benefits are real and the scope of ailments which can be treated is wide and varied.

GW Pharma @ 94.5p is now approaching key 100p barrier... incidentally when it was nearer 70p I added to my position as it usually tests 100p each year :cheesy:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=GWP:LN

Hook Shot said:
On a topical note..........

As some of you know GW Pharma is the company investigating the medicinal properties of cannabis. Actually, many of the "medical" benefits of the herb are well known and have been for decades....... Hopefully, this year we will finally get some indication that the benefits are real and the scope of ailments which can be treated is wide and varied.

GW Pharma @ 94.5p is now approaching key 100p barrier... incidentally when it was nearer 70p I added to my position as it usually tests 100p each year :cheesy:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=GWP:LN

Don't expect GW Pharma to be anywhere near as successful as CCH in the near term - that one was a legendary stock pick....... and will be difficult for me to repeat.

For those who hadn't noticed CCH up around 28% now quadrupled and some ...

How was I able to do this ? Speed of rise was pure luck but spotting the undervalued opportunity was because there are so many stocks which are now public people find it difficult and time consuming to separate the nuggets from the XXXX.

There's plenty of nuggets...... but also shed loadz of manure...

Happy Hunting :cool:

CCH - be careful..........

Having hit 91p the stock is up 300% in 2007 alone.....
Time for a bit of caution... things have gotten silly.

Further out I'm still very bullish but ........ I need pullback for new money positions.

Will the momentum people listen ? Lets see ........

Where were they when I mentioned it at 16.5p ??????

climate exchange!!

I find this comp very hard to value/understand how they make their £$£ but understand both ECX (49%) and CCX (40%) are dominant in this market (hopefully with huge potential *insert bullish sentiment here*) and assuming trading volumes continue to grow (at least x5 p/year at current commission rate: eg ECX charge 4 euros per lot i.e. per 1,000 tonnes co2 - 2006 saw 450 million tonnes traded) then CLE could be worth the 'hype'. <well this is my tentative stab the the fundamentals anyway.

**baiscally, this is very much a value on potential rather than fundamentals stock.**

hot air? i so hope not. Results in one month....

mralph said:
I find this comp very hard to value/understand how they make their £$£ but understand both ECX (49%) and CCX (40%) are dominant in this market (hopefully with huge potential *insert bullish sentiment here*) and assuming trading volumes continue to grow (at least x5 p/year at current commission rate: eg ECX charge 4 euros per lot i.e. per 1,000 tonnes co2 - 2006 saw 450 million tonnes traded) then CLE could be worth the 'hype'. <well this is my tentative stab the the fundamentals anyway.

**baiscally, this is very much a value on potential rather than fundamentals stock.**

hot air? i so hope not. Results in one month....

Certainly plenty of "potential" in the price still ........ I was struggling to justify the value when it was only 287p - then it went to 1200p in a few months....so I fully understand what you mean.......certainly at bubble valuation.

Results will be good ....... coming off a low base ...... but I don't think this will ever be good value in the trad sense... I would imagine the operators have plans to commoditise every "greenish" aspect they can ...... water purity/quality, clean air....... then the usual financial engineering so that it's not just for industrial users but speculators too.........

futures, options on futures, swaps...... plus a whole raft of exotic variations... :cheesy:

So eventually projecting way into future this will be seen as cheap ... if they get the World to join in which is their plan... US still kicking and screaming but I guess Goldman's will get them to join in soon :cheesy:

Hook Shot said:
Certainly plenty of "potential" in the price still ........ I was struggling to justify the value when it was only 287p - then it went to 1200p in a few months....so I fully understand what you mean.......certainly at bubble valuation.

Results will be good ....... coming off a low base ...... but I don't think this will ever be good value in the trad sense... I would imagine the operators have plans to commoditise every "greenish" aspect they can ...... water purity/quality, clean air....... then the usual financial engineering so that it's not just for industrial users but speculators too.........

futures, options on futures, swaps...... plus a whole raft of exotic variations... :cheesy:

So eventually projecting way into future this will be seen as cheap ... if they get the World to join in which is their plan... US still kicking and screaming but I guess Goldman's will get them to join in soon :cheesy:

Strong finish to the end of the day (710/20), lets hope this rise is sustained and it can get back where it needs to be ie £10+ !!!

:arrowu: :cool:

Hook Shot -
CLE @ 1110p & TOM (Tomco) 5p now!!
about to tuck into a nice fat slice of EEL pie - gotta be a bottom at 30p, right?
best.

Mmmh well done on Tom - what can I say ?
CLE also looking after you too I see...

I'll go for EEL there seems to be change afoot!
Cheers