UK options on IB

osho67

I would like to trade UK stock and Index options with IB. How do I find various stock symbols for obtaining options quote on IB?. How to obtain options quote for index as well. Are Uk options faitly liquid on IB.

Information much appreciated. Thanks

Don't know about stock options.
Ftse100 Options ticker is Z
Selecting the Option Contract on TWS is much the same as selecting a Futures contract.
Ftse100 Index Options liquidity is very high.

Glenn

Last edited:
Dear Glenn

Thanks, When I enter symbol Z for options prices I get say 43.75 etc. Why decimal place and why not 4375?

That's just the way they display the price.
43.75 means 4375.
Don't know why though. Perhaps something to do with US options ?
RogerM will probably know.
Glenn

I tried STAN for standard chartered and option prices thewre are in decimal as well eg 9.50 etc

Thanks Glenn

I have done my first trade on options using Z symbol . The commission was £1.70. What a difference as compared to UK brokers. I have also done one trade using STAN as symbol and stock symbols work as well. These trades are on IB.

Do you know Liffe symbols for CAC and DAX?

osho67 said:
Thanks Glenn

I have done my first trade on options using Z symbol . The commission was £1.70. What a difference as compared to UK brokers. I have also done one trade using STAN as symbol and stock symbols work as well. These trades are on IB.

Do you know Liffe symbols for CAC and DAX?

DAX isn't a LIFFE product

Hi all,

Dax is EUREX and, unlike FTSE options, american style.

Regards

Hittfeld

osho67 said:
I would like to trade UK stock and Index options with IB. How do I find various stock symbols for obtaining options quote on IB?. How to obtain options quote for index as well. Are Uk options faitly liquid on IB.

Information much appreciated. Thanks

This is what i use to find the prices:
Click>> http://www.liffe-data.com/PricesPageAll.aspx?t=OESX/O.LI

THOSE OF YOU WHO THINK IB IS BETTER THAN UK BROKERS click below and be amazed

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=15743

Bull