forker

2,688 500
please tell where these foreign buyers are because I don't see demand reflecting your hypothesis. Your prognostication lacks tangibles

Atilla

Legendary member
19,821 3,091
please tell where these foreign buyers are because I don't see demand reflecting your hypothesis. Your prognostication lacks tangibles

If you say so... :)

I don't have hard facts. Let's say it is my perspective or impression of what I see and experience. I would not term it hypothesis. That's somewhat obtuse. I would simply call it my informed opinion.

What % of London or Brighton is foreign? I don't know but I do know foreign lingo when I hear it. Even Worthing is full of foreign students.

Markets and global economies are poised for inflation infested recovery very soon.

Interesting statistics on what people predicted and what has transpired... Long table best read bottom up...

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/#statistics

Last edited:

gedward3

Established member
925 116

Hi Forker,

I work in Hong Kong for a firm that develops and sell property just in Cetral London with the odd development on the outskirts of London. Chinese buy our properties as well as Arabs and we have Russians as they are sold through agents in all these areas. Something to consider is that expats in HK are extremely well paid and most are purchasing property like there is no tomorrow, why, because the are getting 4% to 6% returns plus leveraging their deposits with mortgages. Also many place these in a BVI company wrapper which is held in a trust so they dont have any Inheritance Tax and their offspring get to keep the whole investment.

This is what is keeping the London market up and why your not seeing any real movement in the rest of the coutry. Attila is also right as the Chinese are buying with a view to their children and friends children sudying in the UK.

Ged

Atilla

Legendary member
19,821 3,091
Hi Forker,

I work in Hong Kong for a firm that develops and sell property just in Cetral London with the odd development on the outskirts of London. Chinese buy our properties as well as Arabs and we have Russians as they are sold through agents in all these areas. Something to consider is that expats in HK are extremely well paid and most are purchasing property like there is no tomorrow, why, because the are getting 4% to 6% returns plus leveraging their deposits with mortgages. Also many place these in a BVI company wrapper which is held in a trust so they dont have any Inheritance Tax and their offspring get to keep the whole investment.

This is what is keeping the London market up and why your not seeing any real movement in the rest of the coutry. Attila is also right as the Chinese are buying with a view to their children and friends children sudying in the UK.

Ged

Long time no hear mon ami. So that's where you have dissappeared to. Good move I can hope. :)

I can also add one of our technical support chappies is a Belgian graduate. Was on the same course with him. His dad paid University fees of £16K p/a to have him educated here in London. Really nice hard working lad. He is employed by an Italian company in London.

London and UK universities still have pulling power.

I also think if £9K cannot be met by local students I'm sure universities will be looking to fill places with international students.

This migration and proximity to Europe I'm sure would go a long way to explain prices in London and SE.

gedward3

Established member
925 116
Long time no hear mon ami. So that's where you have dissappeared to. Good move I can hope. :)

I can also add one of our technical support chappies is a Belgian graduate. Was on the same course with him. His dad paid University fees of £16K p/a to have him educated here in London. Really nice hard working lad. He is employed by an Italian company in London.

London and UK universities still have pulling power.

I also think if £9K cannot be met by local students I'm sure universities will be looking to fill places with international students.

This migration and proximity to Europe I'm sure would go a long way to explain prices in London and SE.

Hey Atilla,

Hope all is well. Yeah i think thats why the government has latched onto the big tuition fees as over here and on the mainland UK University tuition is seen as one of the best. Also the kids can then come back here as more cultured and fit in to the expat companies better which gives them a leg up as they understand the western culture better which helps their carriers. HK Chinese see the mainlanders as uncultured so the mainlanders try hard to westernise and hence a lot of Chinese in UK universities.

PS. Hong Kong is a fantastic place to live. :):):)

Had a wife when i came here and now i havent. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: Its got even better.......

Ged

Atilla

Legendary member
19,821 3,091
Hey Atilla,

Hope all is well. Yeah i think thats why the government has latched onto the big tuition fees as over here and on the mainland UK University tuition is seen as one of the best. Also the kids can then come back here as more cultured and fit in to the expat companies better which gives them a leg up as they understand the western culture better which helps their carriers. HK Chinese see the mainlanders as uncultured so the mainlanders try hard to westernise and hence a lot of Chinese in UK universities.

PS. Hong Kong is a fantastic place to live. :):):)

Had a wife when i came here and now i havent. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: Its got even better.......

Ged

Wow - young free and single again (y)

Well that's all where it is happening I guess. Sounds like a good move.

We'd like to move to somewhere in Italy but I think it's still some way off. We are in the dreaming phase at the moment.

gedward3

Established member
925 116
Wow - young free and single again (y)

Well that's all where it is happening I guess. Sounds like a good move.

We'd like to move to somewhere in Italy but I think it's still some way off. We are in the dreaming phase at the moment.

Just go for it mate. Whats the worst as you can always move back if it
doesnt work.

Ged

forex999

161 8
"House prices are currently around 12 per cent higher than the lows seen in the midst of the financial crisis," said Robert Gardner from Nationwide!

Looks like the party is about to start?

Hoggums

2,176 878
More lambs to the slaughter.

Interest rate rises will come as a shock to all of these people and I think by the time the MPC reacts to inflationary pressures it will be too late and they will have no choice but to increase rates in ever widening steps really hurting the pockets of the already over-borrowed public.

However I don't see this happening in the next few years - so let them enjoy the party for now.

forex999

161 8

Interest rate rises will come as a shock to all of these people and I think by the time the MPC reacts to inflationary pressures it will be too late and they will have no choice but to increase rates in ever widening steps really hurting the pockets of the already over-borrowed public.

However I don't see this happening in the next few years - so let them enjoy the party for now.

Valid point!
but the way things are properties are in short supply
and with the economy in a ****, highly unlikely they will raise interest rates
with elections in 2 years, they will do anything to prop up the market

Atilla

Legendary member
19,821 3,091

You still playing it down Hoggums :|

There is a housing supply shortage in the UK. Mass influx of not just migrant labour but also foreign students and businessmen. There are also investors who are coming in buying low with a view to killing on rising prices and strengthening pound.

Government not only helping first time buyers by guaranteeing mortgages, they have relaxed building regulations to expand on existing properties.

Whilst the green belt and Permitted Developments rules are in place the housing shortage will continue.

Go with the trend Hoggums, go with the trend. ;)

Reactions: forex999

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock