UK ETFs to take sector bets?

I cant seem to find any ETF products that will allow me to "take bets" on the different market sectors - what gives?.

The only sectors available are Agricultural and some other commodity related stuff - are there no sector specific ETFs for the UK market ???

What sectors are you looking for? Otherwise your question is too open ended...

Well like I said, the only sectors I can find are agricultural and commodities related - ergo, anything other than those two would be of interest.

The FTSE (at least 100) is not known for commodity related companies(that would be more like a bet on the Australian or Canadian markets). In the UK, (going purely by the make up of the FTSE100), I would have expected financials, utilities, services, retail etc (those are the sectors that make sense for the UK economy) - but for some bizzare reason what we have instead are commodity related ETFs - surely that can't be the case ? (I must be looking in the wrong place, otherwise it simply doesn't make sense)!

Well like I said, the only sectors I can find are agricultural and commodities related - ergo, anything other than those two would be of interest.

The FTSE (at least 100) is not known for commodity related companies(that would be more like a bet on the Australian or Canadian markets). In the UK, (going purely by the make up of the FTSE100), I would have expected financials, utilities, services, retail etc (those are the sectors that make sense for the UK economy) - but for some bizzare reason what we have instead are commodity related ETFs - surely that can't be the case ? (I must be looking in the wrong place, otherwise it simply doesn't make sense)!

Yes, but again I ask what are you looking for, you can't expect someone to list every ETF going for you. What do you want? Are you talking industry sectors within FTSE? Bonds? Gold? Energy? What do you want? If you're not using an ISA and have a regular trading accont there's no problem with foreign dealing anyway. Just fill in a 'BEN.

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/prices-and-markets/ETFs/ETFs.html

Last edited: