Two moving averages and the macd

Nope - the chart shows you exactly what I said - the result of trading activity.

MM's marking prices up and down is not trading. Same way walmart reduces cola by 50% is not trading. Therefore the chart does not show result of trading. It show the result of marking up/down.

If you insist on the price mark up/down is real trading, then you can't be trading yourself because you don't mark prices up and down at will like that. If you are not trading then you must be gambling.

MM's marking prices up and down is not trading. Same way walmart reduces cola by 50% is not trading. Therefore the chart does not show result of trading. It show the result of marking up/down.

If you insist on the price mark up/down is real trading, then you can't be trading yourself because you don't mark prices up and down at will like that. If you are not trading then you must be gambling.

If an MM pulls a bid - price does not "go there" until someone hits that new bid.

This is what is known in trading parlance as "a trade".

Hence charts show you where we traded.

Thank you...

Wrong. Quite often, the chart shows you stuff they want you to see.

For instance, you can plot the price of cola at walmart for a year and conclude the price gyrations are a consequence of customer buying activity. After new year holidays, they run a special offer on cola, and the price collapses. The collapse comes not from customer activity, rather from the shop wanting you to see a good deal.

This is true for all markets, sometimes they are influenced by trading activity, and other times they are influenced by the activity of the market operators alone where no trading takes place.

Joe, who are these "market operators" you speak of?

Does volume beget price, or does price change first to attract volume? or BOTH?

And, if its the latter WHO is changing it? :eek:

The reason I ask I've seen price fluctuations but on little (or no that I could see) volume. Price bouncing up and down a tick or two or three as if it's trying to entice me in?:confused:

they are the guys with two phones

traders_640978109.jpg

Does volume beget price, or does price change first to attract volume? or BOTH?

And, if its the latter WHO is changing it? :eek:

The reason I ask I've seen price fluctuations but on little (or no that I could see) volume. Price bouncing up and down a tick or two or three as if it's trying to entice me in?:confused:

The operators are those who can, and have the motivation to, move markets at will. The markets are moved by them for profit. There are two type of people who do that: 1, the MM's; 2, the original owner of the asset who rent out their wares for you to gamble on. They don't charge you a rent up front. Instead they make rent by moving the price against you.

Price begets curve fitters, and curve fitters beget lost shirt. This is why the price moves.

The operators are those who can, and have the motivation to, move markets at will. The markets are moved by them for profit. There are two type of people who do that: 1, the MM's; 2, the original owner of the asset who rent out their wares for you to gamble on. They don't charge you a rent up front. Instead they make rent by moving the price against you.

Price begets curve fitters, and curve fitters beget lost shirt. This is why the price moves.

:rolleyes:

This makes intuitive sense to me, thx for the explain

Price begrips the hold till whiners, and nomodough begets lost mi shirt. This is why the price moves.

This makes intuitive sense to me, thx for the explain

Me too pip (y)

6099-darktone-albums-general-9-picture5416-move-price-against-you.jpg

Last edited:
Hello,
Moving average convergence divergence (MACD) is a trend-following momentum indicator that shows the relationship between two moving averages of prices.
Thank you

In past I spent a good bit of time fooling around with MACD settings etc could never get it to work. :confused:

"Move markets at will." Are you trading in illiquid synthetic products where you have a counterparty making a market at your request??? You must be an extremely wealthy guy if so.

Nah you trade FX.... so wtf are you banging on about when you refer to market makers moving markets at will? Who and how, exactly, is moving the FX markets at will. Ideally without riddles. I'm pretty sure you haven't the faintest clue.

"Move markets at will." Are you trading in illiquid synthetic products where you have a counterparty making a market at your request??? You must be an extremely wealthy guy if so.

Nah you trade FX.... so wtf are you banging on about when you refer to market makers moving markets at will? Who and how, exactly, is moving the FX markets at will. Ideally without riddles. I'm pretty sure you haven't the faintest clue.

Here's a riddle for you: Walmart move their in-store price at will. It is their shop, they do what they like. This is truer for financial markets where there's is no real regulation. Huddling in a pool won't help you. This is why the return from a pool is barely better than retail.

Here's a riddle for you: Walmart move their in-store price at will. It is their shop, they do what they like. This is truer for financial markets where there's is no real regulation.

clown
klaʊn/Submit
noun
a comic entertainer, especially one in a circus, wearing a traditional costume and exaggerated make-up.
"a circus clown"
synonyms: comic entertainer, Pierrot, comedian; More
archaic
an unsophisticated country person; a rustic.
verb
behave in a comical or playful way.
"Harvey clowned around pretending to be a dog"
synonyms: fool around/about, play the fool, act foolishly, act the clown/fool/goat, play about/around, monkey about/around, play tricks, indulge in horseplay, engage in high jinks; More
Translations, word origin, and more definitions
Feedback
clown Meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/clown
clown meaning, definition, what is clown: an entertainer who wears funny clothes, has a painted face, and makes people laugh by…. Learn more.
‎"clown" - Dictionnaire Anglais · ‎English · ‎Clownfish
clown | Definition of clown in English by Oxford Dictionaries
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/clown
Definition of clown - a comic entertainer, especially one in a circus, wearing a traditional costume and exaggerated make-up, an unsophisticated country.
Clown | Define Clown at Dictionary.com
www.dictionary.com/browse/clown
noun. 1. a comic performer, as in a circus, theatrical production, or the like, who wears an outlandish costume and makeup and entertains by pantomiming common situations or actions in exaggerated or ridiculous fashion, by juggling or tumbling, etc. 2. a person who acts like a clown; comedian; joker; buffoon; jester.
Clown | Definition of Clown by Merriam-Webster
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clown
Definition of clown for Students. 1 :a performer (as in a circus) who entertains by playing tricks and who usually wears comical clothes and makeup.
Clown definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/clown
Clown definition: A clown is a performer in a circus who wears funny clothes and bright make-up , and does... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and ...
Urban Dictionary: clown
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=clown
Top Definition. clown. the most evil and revolting creatures ever to be placed on this foul wretched earth. oh my god a clown is going to eat me (not like that you ...
Clown - definition of clown by The Free Dictionary
https://www.thefreedictionary.com/clown
Define clown. clown synonyms, clown pronunciation, clown translation, English dictionary definition of clown. n. 1. a. A buffoon or jester who entertains by jokes, ...
clown (noun) definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary
https://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/clown_1
Define clown (noun) and get synonyms. What is clown (noun)? clown (noun) meaning, pronunciation and more by Macmillan Dictionary.
Clown dictionary definition | clown defined - YourDictionary
www.yourdictionary.com › Dictionary Definitions › clown
The definition of a clown is a jester, or a person who dresses in funny clothes and entertains at a party or in a circus with jokes and tricks, or a person who ...
What does clown mean? clown Definition. Meaning of clown ...
onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/clown
This Slang page is designed to explain what the meaning of clown is. The slang word / phrase / acronym clown means... . Online Slang Dictionary. A list of slang ...
Searches related to clown definition
clown sentence
clown meaning in telugu
clowns meaning in hindi
clown meaning in tamil
clown definition urban
clown pronunciation
clown meaning in bengali
clawn meaning

Hi everyone. I am just starting out in trading and I have some experience although I class myself as a novice and I am still studying the different methods. I am having difficulty with one area in particular and I cannot seem to find an answer anywhere.

The macd indicator has a default of 12 short, 26 long and 9.

When using the macd indicator what is the best time frame in terms of using two moving averages on the chart above macd i.e. 6,21, or 50, 100 and so forth?

Whatever moving average time frame you use, should the macd always be kept in the default settings?

Sorry if this sounds technical or confusing, hope I got that out right.

Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Macd settings should be default, 12, 26, 9. Don't bother with other settings.

Your 6 x 21 right-click/send to/outhouse. Only the 200 ema, that's it

Notice all the conflicting advice in this thread? How to pick the winning advice in this thread? See the star-rating on the right of each trader's name. Look for it. Its hard to see. The one with the highest rating is the one to follow. If he uses Macd, that's good for you since you are sold on it. Pick the trader with a star rating of at least 7, discard all the lower ratings. Then go to town.

Whew!

Macd settings should be default, 12, 26, 9. Don't bother with other settings.

Your 6 x 21 right-click/send to/outhouse. Only the 200 ema, that's it

Notice all the conflicting advice in this thread? How to pick the winning advice in this thread? See the star-rating on the right of each trader's name. Look for it. Its hard to see. The one with the highest rating is the one to follow. If he uses Macd, that's good for you since you are sold on it. Pick the trader with a star rating of at least 7, discard all the lower ratings. Then go to town.

Whew!

If there are no star ratings associated with a trader it means they live at the YMCA - with me.

Before risking any money, plot your MACD with a variety of MA pairs in order to find out whether or not any of them tell you what you need to know quickly enough for you to do anything about it. Since the MACD and MAs "indicate" the same thing, it is more likely that you will receive conflicting signals than confirming ones. Nonetheless, if these signals appear too late for you to benefit from them, you may want to pursue other investigations.

Are you nuts? So nice of you to derail the op with your usual vague crap.

He is on the right track looking into the MACD & moving average combos.

First things first: The Ben Franklin Close:

Just a small sampling of Users of Macd 12,26,9 and dual moving average 50 x 200 & 50 x 100

Which way would YOU rather go? (The way of the list below or the way of dbphoenix with no trading record?)

Warren Buffet
George Soros
Bruce Kovner
Ed Sekota
Carl Icahn
Ivanka Trump

Before risking any money, plot your MACD with a variety of MA pairs in order to find out whether or not any of them tell you what you need to know quickly enough for you to do anything about it. Since the MACD and MAs "indicate" the same thing, it is more likely that you will receive conflicting signals than confirming ones. Nonetheless, if these signals appear too late for you to benefit from them, you may want to pursue other investigations.

Conflicting signals, my ass!!!!

Too many instances where Macd and 2 moving averages shone like 2 beautiful stars! :whistle:

Just one significant example that killed the world but Noah's Ark = Macd and 2 mas kept the investor on the right side both times - at the 2007 top and the March 2009 bottom and produced stelllar gains ..................

And dig this: not 50 x 200 or 50 x 100 required. The plain 12 x 26 of the Macd used on the Price chart along with Macd in the indicator panel did the trick as it always does in TRENDS. Watch in awe as the Macd alerted to the lower high lower low and then the higher high and higher low.

Dumbph***s all over the place

Merry Christmas and Happy NY to all at Retard Central
:):whistle::whistle::)

Bottom line for the cats that may never ever get it - NEVER get it. But we have a NEW YEAR comin up - miracles can happen :)

All Indicators work. Always have, always will. Price action works, always has, always will. Trendlines work, always have, always will.

The one and only reason for all out 97% failure rate is the driver of the car. The driver is determined to lose and will not permit hisssssself to win.

THEY say that Psychology of trading and money management is the key to all cases of stupidity.

I disagree. Its far worse

There is one far loftier reason. The driver is determined to lose and will not permit hisssssself to win. Change this and voila, all of a sudden all indicators work! :)

The driver has the door to wealth flowing toward him so tightly shut that nothing gets thru' except in emergencies like evry month to pay the rent. Who holds the key to this locked door? The driver himself. No outside help is needed. And definitely do more indicators are needed.

Christmas in Paris (= Macd)

Christmas in the Caribbean (= 12 x 26 emas)