TwC...Trading without Charts

Screen_Shot_2016_01_04_at_8_53_11_AM.png

(133.80-133.75)/133.80 = 0.03% gain << 1-3%
(134.50-133.75)/133.80 = 0.56% gain << 1-3% :LOL:

So what yes i most of the time close at less than +1-3% because i am a short term trader same goes for my losses unlike you , you hold your stock positions in the red forever and double down but when they are in the black you just aim for +1-3% ...

So what yes i most of the time close at less than +1-3% because i am a short term trader same goes for my losses unlike you , you hold your stock positions in the red forever and double down but when they are in the black you just aim for +1-3% ...

:LOL:

You do not know what my losses are. :p I do not need to hold them forever. A couple of days is not forever.

You can assume until the cows come home.

log(1.02)/log(1.0003) = 66.05. 66 trades at that return are required to equal one of my trades.

Unrealized loss is a loss you know this right ?

No it is not. :LOL:

Nothing that is unrealized is something that you have accomplished. If it is unrealized than it is not achieved.

I sincerely hope that you do not count unrealized gains as real gains. That is very pathetic and inaccurate.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

log(1.02)/log(1.0003) = 66.05. 66 trades at that return are required to equal one of my trades.

And how many are required to equal one tenth of one of your unrealized martingale losses ?! :LOL:

No it is not. :LOL:

Nothing that is unrealized is something that you have accomplished. If it is unrealized than it is not achieved.

I sincerely hope that you do not count unrealized gains as real gains. That is very pathetic and inaccurate.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Lol have you ever heard of mark to market i guess not .

"I am still holding RIMM/BBRY shares i bought at $130 i didn't lose anything i am smart i didn't close its not realized yet ! "

Attachments

• rimm.jpg
    rimm.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 243
Lol have you ever heard of mark to market i guess not .

"I am still holding RIMM/BBRY shares i bought at $130 i didn't lose anything i am smart i didn't close its not realized yet ! "

You still do not get it do you? It is an unrealized gain. That is not yours until you sell. You have to realize profit. You do not "unrealize" profit.
Screen_Shot_2016_01_04_at_9_12_04_AM.png

i would have expected to find a discussion about equivocation on a shakespeare forum. t2w has it all!

i would have expected to find a discussion about equivocation on a shakespeare forum. t2w has it all!

It is probably because people's ability to communicate has gone down hill since Shakespeare.

It is never situationally inappropriate use logical tautologies. Every field requires logic.

Screen_Shot_2016_01_04_at_10_43_25_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_01_04_at_10_43_33_AM.png

You still do not get it do you? It is an unrealized gain. That is not yours until you sell. You have to realize profit. You do not "unrealize" profit.
Screen_Shot_2016_01_04_at_9_12_04_AM.png

Game of words only.
In fact, you can lie to yourself that your unrealized loss isn't a loss as much long as your account can stand against before blow up.

Game of words only.
In fact, you can lie to yourself that your unrealized loss isn't a loss as much long as your account can stand against before blow up.

According to him there is no difference between who shorted RIMM/BBRY at $130 - currently $9.2 - and who bought up there as long as both are still holding their positions ! = Unrealized gain/loss .

According to him there is no difference between who shorted RIMM/BBRY at $130 - currently $9.2 - and who bought up there as long as both are still holding their positions ! = Unrealized gain/loss .

:cheesy:
Well, ok. It is all about an account size then.

bought another es option at 3.50..lets see what happens

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-06-11-13-49_1.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-01-06-11-13-49_1.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 242
I have decided to stop posting in this thread as live trading has now taking priority over experimenting..if anyone wants to continue feel free..i will resume experimenting as..and when..i see fit..upon which I may resume posting here

I used to use charts to trade for 2 years, lost 50% of my money. Now I don't use charts to trade, I made 20 x initial money in 2015 alone and 3 x those in the first 2 weeks of 2016. So that would be a tell... I do employ a server cluster with 20 x quad core xeons running 23x5 though. Looking to add more.. Markets are crowds of people it is all about how one perceives them. Charts are simple methods but I find them very ambiguous and can generate all sorts of false perceptions that make trading sounds so hard. Actually, they are not.

a few questions hw..if i may

1. spreadbet or dma
2. uk or us markets..or others
3. daytrading or longer term
4. basic approach using conventional ta or own approach using certain software to compute numbers and automatically generate entries and exits
5. risk/reward per trade
6. no. of round trip trades executed for 20x initial outlay..and 3x initial outlay

thank you