• Love it

Votes: 121 61.1%
  • Hate it

Votes: 16 8.1%
  • Not too bothered either way really

Votes: 61 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Found this on You Tube this morning....................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2SCR3BsBP4&feature=channel_page

For some obscure reason that's telling me it can't show in my country / domain ?!?

Don't think I ever got a message like that before...

But anyway, found the link Ninja san was talking about for non BBC2 receivers:

BBC iPlayer - Million Dollar Traders: Make Me a Trader

For UK residents airing Jan 12th at 21:00 on TV:

BBC - BBC Two Programmes - Million Dollar Traders - Upcoming episodes

Yeah Hoggums what was the name of the 'firm' those guys were trading for? Had a touch of the JT Marlin about it, right down to them quoting Glengarry Glen Ross and talking about pitching wood...

Not sure skill - but it'll be on the wall st warriors thread on E.T.

I would rather eat my own d!ck than work as a retail broker. When all's said and done, you're a phone jockey salesman, with absolutely no play in the market. Horrific job imo.

Ha incidentally I work in broker sales at the moment, albeit in a different industry. My advice to anyone with a brain is, don't go near it. Ignore the 'glamour' of the City, the job requires the intellect of a prawn, and someone who is happy to make 40/50 calls a day every day (the guy in Warriors who says he makes 700 calls a day is a complete bullsh!tter; that's roughly a call a minute every minute of every day, and that's assuming an 11-hour day. In my job the calls are B2B so the hit rate is a lot higher in terms of reaching the proper person than cold calling a CEO to peddle him stock - thus calls last longer - but even so 700 a day is pure lies).

I've been in this game for 6 months now, and despite breaking company records for order GP for employees in their first year, I can feel my brain sliding out of my ear as each day goes by.

Not quite sure where that rant came from, but there you go. A lot of kids seem to light up when they hear the word 'broker', they don't understand that while yes, the money can be good, you are basically a monkey with a headset.

Watched Season 1 of Wall Street Warriors last night, and the first half of Season 2. Really enjoyed it, epecially Season 2 as a) Brett Hickey...wow? and b) Laetitia is insanely attractive. Looking forward to this new show very much as well.

Laetitia is one of my facebook friends! lol

Yeah, wallstreet warriors was very intesresting. Haven't seen all the episodes though. Ill definitely keep an eye out for this new one in the UK. I love these types of programmes.
Thanks OP

Attachments

• profilepic42755_18.jpg
    profilepic42755_18.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 239
Is this real trading or buy and hold trades.
Intra day/ swing trading is not really what this program is about, we will see ?

<rant>

what a feckin pointless exercise !

some joker stumps up a million bucks and the end result is a TV series that'll probably make him 5X that in profits

A bunch of gormless unemployed half wits presumably doing nothing more important with their time or lives apply to grab 15 minutes of z list celebrity fame !. Jesus if they wanted to trade, they'd have opened a spread betting account and done it

They have to be good under pressure ! what pressure !, trading someone elses money, particuilarly as a laboratory rat in an experiment carries absolutely no pressure at all, well about as much pressure as sticking a a 50 p piece in a slot machine

They have to be good at maths... whats 32 x 32 FFS, simple arithimatic hardly constitutes being "good at maths"

I'll probably still watch it though :LOL:
</end rant>

god just watched season2 of wall street warriors what a joke that bucket shop was, bunch of losers

They have to be good under pressure ! what pressure !

So if I gave you 100k of my money to trade, you wouldn't feel any pressure? Oh and we would be filming the whole thing to show to a couple of million people.

Personally, I am much happier sitting at home in my pyjamas trading my own money. At least I don't have to explain my losses to anyone else!

Personally, I am much happier sitting at home in my pyjamas trading my own money. At least I don't have to explain my losses to anyone else!

You have a point, and I am being a bit unrealistic about the pressure, particularly if they get to keep any gains. I also agree there's nothing worse than justifying yourself to customers with unrealistic expectations.

Believe me, to become a sucsessfull trader it reqiures lots of luck together with knolage and skill.
This program is going to be funny :)

So if I gave you 100k of my money to trade, you wouldn't feel any pressure? Oh and we would be filming the whole thing to show to a couple of million people.

Indeed. Even if they don't care about losing someone else's money, they're trying to get a job with the guy aren't they? Plus they don't want to look like a dick and place losing trades the whole time. Big stops iz where it'z at, innit!!! :devilish:

I'll be looking forward to this. Two weeks training should be enough if you have a systematic model you want traders to adhere to - a la turtles style. However, if they are going to be unleashed on the markets to do their own thing, I think it will be quite funny.

Things to expect:

Traders talking to themselves and their screens
Nervous leg shaking
Lots of swearing
Mouses (Mice?) being thrown against walls
Flat LCD Screens being smashed
The risk manager being abused verbally (maybe physically)
Quotes like, "Stop going up" or "I knew it would do that"

Should be a hoot

Last edited:
TV BBC2 tonight 12 Jan 09 - programme about novice traders..repeating the Turtles..

Hi
This is my first post although I've been looking at the forum on and off for some months.

And I apologise for it being a bit of an announcement more than a gentle hello.. but I just found out about this being on tonight and I thought you guys (and ladies) would all be interested.

The reason I am on talking about this is because I am a regular spreadbetter and was interviewed by the Producer and Director for a BBC programme about turning "ordinary people" into "millionaire traders".

The programme was filmed in the summer of 08 and this is it's first showing on TV.

If you can igmore the usual hyperbole used for advertising these things, I think it's well worth a watch.

For various reasons, after my screentest/interview I ultimately wasn't picked to be in the final bunch of people who got to play with the big money but I saw enough about the set up to be impressed at what the BBC backed the film makers to do.

In effect, it seems like they are attempting to remake the famous "Turtle Experiment".

It's a series of three , I think one hour each.

And it promises to be as much about the effect on you personally as about the trading.

I hope they don't dumb it down too much..

Interesting to hear everyone's views - watch tonight or set your sky+ !!

Judy

Hi
This is my first post although I've been looking at the forum on and off for some months.

And I apologise for it being a bit of an announcement more than a gentle hello.. but I just found out about this being on tonight and I thought you guys (and ladies) would all be interested.

The reason I am on talking about this is because I am a regular spreadbetter and was interviewed by the Producer and Director for a BBC programme about turning "ordinary people" into "millionaire traders".

The programme was filmed in the summer of 08 and this is it's first showing on TV.

If you can igmore the usual hyperbole used for advertising these things, I think it's well worth a watch.

For various reasons, after my screentest/interview I ultimately wasn't picked to be in the final bunch of people who got to play with the big money but I saw enough about the set up to be impressed at what the BBC backed the film makers to do.

In effect, it seems like they are attempting to remake the famous "Turtle Experiment".

It's a series of three , I think one hour each.

And it promises to be as much about the effect on you personally as about the trading.

I hope they don't dumb it down too much..

Interesting to hear everyone's views - watch tonight or set your sky+ !!

Judy

Looking forward to it. I suspect the highlighted above will be the most interesting part.