Turtle Strategy- for daytrading?

i have the russel sands 5 set dvd and russel says the turtle system wont work on anything below daily charts because of slippage and commisions.

How much did those DVDs cost? There's some "slippage" right there.

I think the reason it doesn't work on short time frames is that it is activated by the "noise". Use dailies and you're less likely to get cut up by false breakouts.

Haven't heard from Donna in a long time have we...

Hope she's doing well.

How much did those DVDs cost? There's some "slippage" right there.

I think the reason it doesn't work on short time frames is that it is activated by the "noise". Use dailies and you're less likely to get cut up by false breakouts.

i dont know exactly how much they cost, i think amaybe around $5000, my friend uploaded it for me, if you want the it pm me.

As a forex nebie in London, I have looked at the Turtles. By defination they were quite long term traders, compared to us intraday wallahs. You cant put those turtle principles into short term trading and hope to see it work. They used large amounts of OPM to trade, so the % profit may have been small as aratio, but the £$ amounts were big.
They were right to be trend traders though, irrespective of time frame.
No software or system can replace knowledge and discipline.
The Tao of trading is Price Actiom w/ Volume. Enjoy...

As a forex nebie in London, I have looked at the Turtles. By defination they were quite long term traders, compared to us intraday wallahs. You cant put those turtle principles into short term trading and hope to see it work. They used large amounts of OPM to trade, so the % profit may have been small as aratio, but the £$ amounts were big.
They were right to be trend traders though, irrespective of time frame.
No software or system can replace knowledge and discipline.
The Tao of trading is Price Actiom w/ Volume. Enjoy...

Surely everyone is looking for a trend, irrespective of timeframe. You buy/sell something and need a trend, whether over 5 minutes or a month, in order to make money.