Trusted UK forex broker

Alex_Alex

Hi everyone

I'm new to the forum and I'm looking for a trusted Forex broker in the UK.

I have been doing lots of reading but never thought about actually trading until quite recently.

I would like to open a micro account with only a few hundred pounds. It would be for personal interest and to challenge myself, definitely not to become an important source of income. Although profiting is the whole point, I plan to use minimal leverage (however I'm sure many of you would disagree, right?)

So, could anyone recommend a safe UK broker (preferably regulated by the FSA) that allows a micro account and uses a decent platform? (I tried VT trader and I'm not such a fan)

Also with a demo option so I can test the platform.

Thanks guys :)

Of course I have checked Google, but a list of 50+ brokers only goes so far.

Judging by some of the threads on this forum there are way too many regulated brokers that are useless and are scams, that's why I'm trying to ask people that were in a similar position as I am now so I can get some help and find a good broker.

So you guys could give me some guidance for getting started or I will leave and go somewhere else.

A couple of weeks ago I thought about opening an account with Alpari but then I read something on this forum that said they were a bad broker. Alpari is an FSA regulated broker but I read not to trade with them, so that's why I'm asking for help because I don't know any good brokers and it seems that even if they are regulated that doesn't matter much.

Thanks.

Of course I have checked Google, but a list of 50+ brokers only goes so far.

Judging by some of the threads on this forum there are way too many regulated brokers that are useless and are scams, that's why I'm trying to ask people that were in a similar position as I am now so I can get some help and find a good broker.

So you guys could give me some guidance for getting started or I will leave and go somewhere else.

A couple of weeks ago I thought about opening an account with Alpari but then I read something on this forum that said they were a bad broker. Alpari is an FSA regulated broker but I read not to trade with them, so that's why I'm asking for help because I don't know any good brokers and it seems that even if they are regulated that doesn't matter much.

Thanks.

Most of the stuff you read about brokers is rubbish thrown out by frustrated incompetent traders. A regulated broker caught scamming people will ultimately be massively fined and their reputation ruined. If I were to give any advice, go with the big names instead of the unknowns. You'd probably get a hundred different answers on here as to who is best but ultimately only you can decide who you comfortable with by testing them out. I reckon every trader here has many open and closed accounts from the years gone by. So to be frank, what you asking is like asking everyone what car they like.

Last edited:
Ok that's fair. I think the problem was that I was thinking about it too much and couldn't get my mind around the large number of brokers. I will look around a bit more.

Thanks

Thanks.

Thanks for your feedback Alex.

Alpari UK has always maintained transparency and encouraged our clients to approach us should they at all experience any specific issues. Should you or anyone else have any particular concerns that you would like to discuss, email us at [email protected] . We're here to help.

Alex

________
Alexander Chadwick
Alpari (UK) Representative

I can say some good words about traderushonline platform. Its regulated by the Central bank of UK and i know some UK based brokers, already trading with the advanced system.

Good Luck