TrendSignal

I don't use TS. I only had it installed as I paid for the licence in 2012; hence I can not tell you how it performs.

Regards,
Andrew

I don't use TS. I only had it installed as I paid for the licence in 2012; hence I can not tell you how it performs.

Regards,
Andrew

Hi Andew,

Can you use the mt4 version with your own broker, avoiding the data feed charges of the other system?

Many thanks

You can usually find a free data source for an MT4 platform. However, it will probably be limited to currency pairs and gold (no indices or other commodities).

The better broker platforms provide good charting software with all the indicators you could want.

I trade only with candlestick charts and two moving averages. Whilst I have TrendSignal, I don't use it to trade with.

Regards,
Andrew

Is there any reason why you dont use it (have you used it in the past), especially when you would have paid a significant amount of money for the license.

Many thanks

No, I've never really used it. I tried on a demo account to begin with, but quickly realized I had not researched enough into the business of trading.

TS introduced me to trading, I also learnt a few basics from the TS team and they are good guys.

However, no directional indicator is a substitute for experience. Experience only comes from trading hard cash and understanding price action. Only with experience can you iron out the emotions and accept losses as the cost of trading.

I am sure TS works. I am just not in a position to tell you if it does or not (as I have very little experience of using it).

I personally prefer clean charts. Also, the instruments that I trade (mainly indices) are not on my MT4 platform.

Regards,
Andrew

I am very familiar with this product. The product is marketed as a trading decision support system - however with that definition there is no way to 'prove' if it works (lol).

Personally I find it interesting that people want to pay a couple of grand for something like this... as mentioned in a previous thread, I used MT4 to produce something that's near identical (it took no time at all). My view is that anyone trading professionally should be able to do the same.

Thanks Dow-jones, are you able to share your template/mt4 config?

As you can guess, I am no where near a pro... Yet. But would love your help.

Cheers

Last edited:
I would agree on that last post above. I started off thinking 'How hard can it be?'

Trading requires time and effort and mental strength. It does come with time. I've been trading for nearly two years now. I lost most of my account in the first 6 months, made it back over the next year and now I feel I am getting to grips with it. I still consider myself a novice though.

For me the only indicators are the charts themselves (showing the price action) and a couple of moving averages.

Certain news will drive the market; hence having a good news feed is important too.

Regards,
Andrew

Almost the same experience I had. This product will not teach you to trade, the individual has to shoulder that responsibility bowever once you are familiar with market volatility, risk management and have a properly researched collated trading plan then Trendsignal Rocks. It is a get you in, keep you in and get you out again in a oner without having to watch for line crossovers, or stochastic waves et al. The trade planning is done using the traders knowledge of the asset class, supply and demand levels and perhaps a bit of newsreading if that is your thing. Trendsignal takes over the execution phase and its up to the trader to decide on the risk to reward. Unfortunately there are a few people that see this as a "make me money plugin", then get surprised and blame the product when they get burned.
:smart:

I tried TS out of curiosity and asked for my money back in a matter of days. It is a black box aimed at novices and I found the "trainer" / coach to be a novice and hugely patronising. It isn't worth the money and it doesn't really teach you everything you need to know to become a successful trader.

The software plug ins are very basic. It is possible to work out what indicators they're using and it is nothing beyond the kinds of indicators available on this site.

My advice - avoid. Do some good research and build your own indicators and then strategy.

I have been trading for 20 years and have been a full time trader for over three years. Things have been profitable but a little volatile recently and i was looking for ways to broaden my trading.

is this crew still going ?..........jees I was commenting on this back in 2004/5 I think

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-systems/9176-trendsignal-10.html#post108454

I did talk to some of the traders there many many moons ago .......

at least they get A for effort and endurability

I think I managed to crack most of its programming early on ..........envelope based algorithms as I remember

but as many people here have said ..............you can find your own edge from free research and putting the hours in testing and customising what you feel good with .....no need to pay people for systems that may not work for you

N

Last edited:
anyone using/still using this ?
Still getting promo stuff from them on a regular basis and they appear to have lots of happy users leaving feedback on the site.

So anyone ??

thanks for the reply Jamaica,

would you mind expanding a bit, ie how long have you been using it, do you day trade or eod and anything else you might like to add of course.

Have heard lots from both sides, some think it's overpriced cr#p and others rate it highly, always interesting to hear from someone who is "walking the walk"

Doubtful about Trendsignal

Hi Guys,
Just posted this as a review over on the Trendsignal Reviews as I thought that it might elicit a response from them.

I am new to FX trading having spent a couple of years share trading with various different spreadbetting companies and using ShareScope to program several strategies of my own.

I am looking for a system to help me make a sustainable income of circa £1000/month from trading FX. Therefore I have recently taken an interest in Trendsignal after watching one of the webinars.

So I have a few simple questions about Trendsignal or any other system:

1) How much would I have to have in my trading account to make £1000/month (realistic average assuming Trendsignal/other system claimed 70% success rate?

2)Why, if Trendsignal can delivery a greater than 50:50% success rate on a consitent basis, are they trying to sell the system when instead the shareholders in Trensignal company could simply be sitting on a beach in the Bahamas making money every day by using Trendsignal. Please don't give me that old altruistic response.........

3) Has anyone, like Earnst & Young, conducted an independent third party due diligence on the claimed Trendsignal success rate.

4) On the webinar that I watched there was mention of a money back guarantee if not satisfied. How long do we get to make a claim and how much do we get back.

5) If trendsignal the company ceases trading could we still use Trendsignal the software of would all the data feeds from Ensign stop even though we would be paying a monthly fee?

I have got fed up recently with shares that drop through the floor on the mere mention of Brent Crude dropping below $40/barrel so I am about to start investing in FX and I am therefore a newbie that wants to get started quickly and hence looking at Trendsignal.

Is there anywhere on t2W that discusses suitable FX indicators that might give me a start out in FX trading.

Hi Guys,
Just posted this as a review over on the Trendsignal Reviews as I thought that it might elicit a response from them.

I am new to FX trading having spent a couple of years share trading with various different spreadbetting companies and using ShareScope to program several strategies of my own.

I am looking for a system to help me make a sustainable income of circa £1000/month from trading FX. Therefore I have recently taken an interest in Trendsignal after watching one of the webinars.

So I have a few simple questions about Trendsignal or any other system:

1) How much would I have to have in my trading account to make £1000/month (realistic average assuming Trendsignal/other system claimed 70% success rate?

2)Why, if Trendsignal can delivery a greater than 50:50% success rate on a consitent basis, are they trying to sell the system when instead the shareholders in Trensignal company could simply be sitting on a beach in the Bahamas making money every day by using Trendsignal. Please don't give me that old altruistic response.........

3) Has anyone, like Earnst & Young, conducted an independent third party due diligence on the claimed Trendsignal success rate.

4) On the webinar that I watched there was mention of a money back guarantee if not satisfied. How long do we get to make a claim and how much do we get back.

5) If trendsignal the company ceases trading could we still use Trendsignal the software of would all the data feeds from Ensign stop even though we would be paying a monthly fee?

I have got fed up recently with shares that drop through the floor on the mere mention of Brent Crude dropping below $40/barrel so I am about to start investing in FX and I am therefore a newbie that wants to get started quickly and hence looking at Trendsignal.

Is there anywhere on t2W that discusses suitable FX indicators that might give me a start out in FX trading.

you already know the answer but have niggling doubts that perhaps if you parted with a few thousand pounds trendsignal might be the key you are looking for.
your a newbie and want t get started quickly.are you in a rush to bury yourself

you already know the answer but have niggling doubts that perhaps if you parted with a few thousand pounds trendsignal might be the key you are looking for.

Hi Aag100,
OK - i thought it sounded too good. And yeas I am a newbie to FX but have been trading the LSE for a few years now with a small degree of success up to January......... :(

I take it that you advise me to take my time and do things myself rather than looking for a ready made solution that is not as good as it sounds!

Hi Aag100,
OK - i thought it sounded too good. And yeas I am a newbie to FX but have been trading the LSE for a few years now with a small degree of success up to January......... :(

I take it that you advise me to take my time and do things myself rather than looking for a ready made solution that is not as good as it sounds!

Endure the pain of patience or endure the pain of defeat.
If your having success trading the LSE then that's all you need and so your not a newbie and will have come across all these too good to be true scams before.

Endure the pain of patience or endure the pain of defeat.
If your having success trading the LSE then that's all you need and so your not a newbie and will have come across all these too good to be true scams before.

Hi Aag100,
I meant newbie to FX not trading!

Thanks

Quite, the first thing to overcome is fear. I have been trading actively for my very first time and bought into TrendSignal, using it for the last 10 weeks and am already up over 3600 pips and counting - the system works as long as you strictly follow the rules and don't let your emotions take over. I really appreciate their twice weekly workshops- that's aftersales support to the Nth degree and something I've never seen before from any other business.