trendies FTMO Adventure V: Revenge of the RSI

No trades today.
I think I am still sulking over blotting my copybook!

I watched the market diligently today, watching, and noting the waves of movement, but not trading, from 7:30am - 11:30am, then from 16:00-19:00.

3 days of trading this week,
+853, + 230, - 972.
A nett gain of £100ish on the week. Essentially, treading water this week.
Still, am 1,642£ up over 2 weeks / 5 days of trading.

Still in the game!
Hope you had a great week, banking money, and have a great weekend.

hey T

can you remind me of the basic rules ?

thanks
N

hey T

can you remind me of the basic rules ?

thanks
N
Ha ha ha!! :)

I think it was Mike Tyson who said that "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face." or some such.

Yes I know I am ignoring these rules, and I shouldn't. But that's boring.

Hope you're enjoying the lovely weekend.

Wasn't going to trade, so left all day, except couldn't help myself.
Anyway, did the hedging thing, and got lost in managing the pairs,

Total gains (+189, + 109, +123, +197) but a hedge of (-336, -205).
So, +618-ish, less -541, for about a roundabout gain of 70/80-ish.

Then, another pair of (+87, +13) for about +100.
Less costs, +158 day.

A non-day, should have either traded the whole day, or the proper sessions, not the tail end,

ftmo5-sep20a.PNG
ftmo5-sep20b.PNG
ftmo5-sep20c.PNG
ftmo5-sep20d.PNG

General observations of watching the markets during the day:
01: I have been aware of levels, especially on the tick-charts.
These are fascinating to watch, and see how they hold, and how they break.
The flurry of movement, and the strength with which price moves up or down, with a related sluggish move when going the other way, eg, strong surge up, gentle fallback down, then another impulse surge, etc.

02: I am aware of levels, but still cannot fathom whether I should expect them to hold, or break.
(case in point, my first trade today, (this evening) was a level break, but couldn't tell if it was meant to continue or rally.

03: I have noticed that my signals can be contradictory! I noticed when in an upmove, I get lots of arrows showing OB, and when in a downmove, there are lots of OS signals.
Obviously, I only consider OS signals in an uptrend, and OB signals in a downtrend, but it occurred to me that they might be the forewarnings of a trend change!
Continuous OB means the market is rising, so of course I am going to get multiple OB signals.
And vice versa.
But, it occurs to me that an OB signal may be early signs that a downtrend is running out, and an uptrend is on the cards.
EDIT: if my study shows this as viable, I can use market structure to trigger trades, rather than MAs, since OB/OS is more related to ups and downs, and more reactive to the true market structure, rather than an MA.

Of course. Stochastics, since they signal OB/OS within a predefined certain range, can be seen as dynamic range-breaks.

I have been mulling over (for a few weeks now) that a new trend change is when the second OB signal is higher than the earlier one may be a true signal for a Long, or the second lower OS signal is the trend change and signal for a Short.
Maybe I should Buy the second OB signal! and Short the second OS signal!

But this then reminds me of Swing Trading that I read about so long ago!

04: I have been aware of Round Numbers today. And how price seems to be drawn them, and prices bounce off, or tarry around.

05: I have been aware of how waiting too long at any price to move, my mind starts to question itself about a potential trade. If price is at X, and I think of going Short, of price stays too ong at price X, I statt questioning my decision.
EAs don't have this problem!

Better today.
Morning session, resulted in (+223, -10, + 40), total = +250.

Early afternoon, resulted in the need for aggregated trades.
However, I had a spikey event, and it took 20-30 seconds to close 3 of my trades.
Got spooked by that. But positively. I don't think I profited too much, as I was looking to close out around the 34190 mark, where the initial trade did get closed out for near break-even.
Anyway, (+108, + 3, + 93, +163) resulting in a nett gain of +360£.
The overall drawdown was around 300, so good outcome.
Really happy, as one of my trades, short 34,236 got taken out for +108, then I managed to take a second trade, short 34,227, also closed out, so I made money twice on the same price range.
The 34,194 was the trade that caused the aggregation to happen.

Then, price got really wild. I lost confidence on taking on the US30, as I wondered if I would get slipped, so held back.

So, nett gain today of +608 on 2 sessions.

ftmo5-sep21a.PNG
ftmo5-sep21b.PNG
ftmo5-sep21c.PNG
ftmo5-sep21d.PNG

No trades today.
Missed the morning session.
And early afternoon seemed dull and narrow range.
FOMC news on the horizon.
Will probably not look for anything today.

Happy. Not happy.

Got slightly impatient. But, at the same time, took multiple positions.
Happy I got good levels for my aggregates. (esp the 34,509!)
Market went my way, and passed the finishing post with a great market fall.

Happy that I am past the Challenge.
Slightly unnerved that the success may have more to do with market moving quickly, rather my skill.
The total drawdown I experienced was around the 450/500 level.

If the market had fallen more slowly, I suspect I would have closed out my positions for around 200£ wins each. Instead, the tumble allowed me to take more profit. I feel I took about 400 / 500 more than I would have had the nerve to hold on for, if market fell slowly.

I am in the enviable position, to play out the next 2 days at 0.1 lot!

ftmo5-sep23a.PNG
ftmo5-sep23b.PNG
ftmo5-sep23c.PNG
ftmo5-sep23d.PNG

No trades today!
Strange, given that I had around £140 to blow, and all would still be good.
I decided that I would split the 140£ (leaving me 3,510 profit as a winning challenge) into 2.
Thats 70£. Thats about a 40-pip risk trade, if I traded 0.25lots.

Anyway, I still was aware of going for winning trades, and not just place a notional trade just to crank one step closer to Minimum Days.

This week had 3 trading days: +158, +608, +1240, for a positive +2,000£-ish.
I consider the 1240 as a windfall day, as in truth, I think I was gifted about 400-500 by US30.
Thank you US30! (y)

Hope you had a great week. Have an even better weekend.

Oooooh, thats interesting.

I took two small trades, winners.
They still havent been updated on my Journal.
(supposedly, updated every 10mins or so.)

Why?
Am I being paranoid?

My FTMO account still hasn't updated yesterdays 2 mini trades.
Nor has it recorded todays trade, a winner.
I am concerned!

Anyway, it should be showing 4-green ticks, with an overwin of around 200£.

ftmo5-sep28a.PNG

finishline.jpg

This is what my FTMO account is showing.
Nothing showing for Sep 27 and Sep 28.

View attachment 306604
I would write to customer support using the button from the client area with the account screenshots (account number visible). I always got answers within less than 24 hours, while mails were not answered sometimes.

I'm not sure, but it looked like there were some issues - or bad broker actions - today with the US100 pricing. I was missing the 1 minute 15:45 bar in MT4 for minutes - maybe the broker halted the price feed for more than one minute. The bar appeared 2 or 3 minutes later.

Last edited:
The Contact Us button is BLANK.
I have emailed them the Tickets missing, complete with screenshots.
I will wait till tomorrow morning, giving them overnight, in case some "end of day" function could reset it. If not fixed, I will have to call them.

I even tried logging out of the MT5 platform, and re-logging in afresh via the "Login to Trade Account" . No difference.

ftmo5-sep28c.PNG

I'm not sure, but it looked like there were some issues - or bad broker actions - today with the US100 pricing. I was missing the1 minute 15:45 bar in MT4 for minutes - maybe the broker halted the price feed for more than one minute. The bar appeared 2 or 3 minutes later.
There is a gap on the US30 of missing Minute bars. 17:36 to 17:41 missing.
I have noticed lots of glitchy stuff on US30 recently, so swapped back to DAX.
Also, switched to 5-mins as 1-mins are all over the place.

The Contact Us button is BLANK.
I have emailed them the Tickets missing, complete with screenshots.
I will wait till tomorrow morning, giving them overnight, in case some "end of day" function could reset it. If not fixed, I will have to call them.

I even tried logging out of the MT5 platform, and re-logging in afresh via the "Login to Trade Account" . No difference.

View attachment 306605
I meant to open a ticket, sorry for being not clear:
1632841526554.png

Inching our way there.
Somebody has added todays trade to the mix.
Yesterdays trades still not showing.

ftmo5-sep28d.PNG