trendies FTMO Adventure: III: The Wrath of trendie

Good start!
5 trades.
In truth, 1 win (1%), 3 losses. (-0.5%, -0.25% approx, and a good, low cost exit for a failed trade)
Nett gain.
The first trade, a win of 0.3 pips, was caused by me incorrectly entering a TP of 3 , when it should have been 3000! (30 pips)

Anyway, a nett gain. (Still, the SELLs, the SELLS!!)

ftmo2-jun22a.PNG
ftmo2-jun22b.PNG

Loss of about just under 1%.
I think I got do fixated on taking BUYs (total -0.4%), I overlooked the SELLs.
Then the wrong SELL came along. (-0.5%)
Not a good situation, but didn't go overboard trying to fix it by revenge trading.
The situation is recoverable. I have 18 days buffer.

I need to remember not to revenge-trade to fix a short-term issue, otherwise I am compromising my long-term longevity.

ftmo2-jun23a.PNG
ftmo2-jun23b.PNG

A non-day.
Internet connection issues.
Was on a good SELL, and at some point put the SL to BE. As shown in image.
When my connection recovered, it was out for null.
Choppy connection, so kind of spent the afternoon pfaffing around.
I need to rethink my scalping style. (of which I don't have one)

ftmo2-jun24a.PNG

No trades today.
However, a trip to docs revealed I have higher than normal HDL (bad cholesterol).
So, there's that.

Hope you all had a great week, and an enjoyable weekend.

No trades today.
However, a trip to docs revealed I have higher than normal HDL (bad cholesterol).
So, there's that.

Hope you all had a great week, and an enjoyable weekend.
HDL cholesterol is good.

+1.25%, approx.

4 trades:
Trade1: Short DAX: gain of over 1%.
Trade2: Buy US30: a mistaken Short (!!), so got out asap. (-0.1%)
Trade3: Short US30: I tried a breakout to the downside, which failed. Out for approx -0.4%.
Trade 4: Short US30: lost my nerve, and got about +0.6%.
(disappointing, as it fell of a high cliff. But, looking to the left of the chart, I thought nabbing 0.5% was all I could manage, based on the range)

Overall, I think I netted 1.25%, or approx. (if 700 = 1%, then 900 is about 1.25%)

Happy, but kicking myself over the windfall I missed.

ftmo2-jun28a.PNG
ftmo2-jun28b.PNG

A wild ride!
Lots of trades, mostly US30.
I was spending more time looking at the tick-chart, and its a bit of a revelation to see momentum forming!
Anyway, Total 1+%:

Too many trades to break them down individually.
One note I would make is that there are a couple of trades where I had both a Short and a Long, and closed out after the trade went sufficiently in my favour to close out at a nett gain.
(eg, I had a 1 lot Sell on US30, then I took a 2 lot Buy, and closed out when the nett was positive.
(+543.68 netted against the -306.54 gave me a nett profit))

When the wild stuff happened around the US open, I had 2 buys and 1 sell. I netted off at a small loss (+255.91 netted against -253.03 and the 0.00)

I should not have bothered with the poxy 15.91!

Anyway, total gains is 1+% account growth.

Account Graph is a bit saw-toothy, but in the right direction.
I am conflicted by the low utilisation of my Leverage, in that Max Drawdown is just £630-ish.
Should I be taking greater risk, in which case I am trading the broker!
Or, I should stay on my path, and trade for the long-term. (ie, trade my system)

ftmo2-jun29a.PNG
ftmo2-jun29b.PNG
ftmo2-jun29c.PNG

Frustration!
I think a true scalper just takes the profit, and moves on.
I got nothing for the morning, so took it out on the afternoon US30.
And ended up hurting myself.

Trade 1: BUY US30. I thought this was a good trade, as the 5-mins showed lots of wicks on the underside of the body, a possible BUY. But alas, it dropped. Not by much, but took me out.

Trade 2: BUY DAX for 1 lot. I thought I would try a BUY according to signal. Worked OK.
But, since there was a lot of upside to where it was, I added to the BUY with another lot, and aggregated. The market fell and took out my SL. A scratch trade.
I think this frustrated me, as I seemed to have nothing to show for a good trade.

Trade 3, 4: Yep, tried to short the US30. And got whipped. Big time.

Looking back, it is ironic I am a trend-follower, yet seem to be looking to short the top and buy the bottom in real-time.
I think I will just use my code to trade for me.

ftmo2-jun30a.PNG
ftmo2-jun30b.PNG

I am wondering if I should trash this account and start afresh.
I have just placed multiple Buys/Sells and blown another 2K-ish.
Not sure how I feel about this.
New?
Or claw back from the abyss?

I am wondering if I should trash this account and start afresh.
I have just placed multiple Buys/Sells and blown another 2K-ish.
Not sure how I feel about this.
New?
Or claw back from the abyss?
I wouldn't give FTMO that donation - you can have the same result if you violate their limits, but that's the worst case.

You have 14 more days and maybe it helps to increase the lot sizes by 30% or 50%. On your history their would be enough room that you could not violate their limits by increasing the lots traded in that range.

Last edited:
No trades today, as I am still sulking, trying to find the toys I threw out of the pram yesterday.
But I did sit at the charts, watching them as dispassionately as possible.

A long weekend, as its NFP tomorrow, and July 4th Monday.

I don't have problems formulating plans, just sticking to them in the moment.
I have been mulling over some thoughts, and will hopefully articulate them in a while.

I will take llllllll's advice, and endeavour to recover the account.

FTMO have changed their look.
The graph now shows Equity as well as Balance.
This should scare off the traders who think holding onto a losing trade is a good strategy, as it becomes apparent whats happening to other traders.
I think this is a good thing.

Also, the updated Ts&Cs suggest a new variant, of Swing Challenge and Swing Verification.
I wonder if this allows trades over the weekend. Will need to read up later.

No trades today. Was expecting low volatility due to US July 4th Bank Holiday Monday.
Watched the markets as if they were open, though.

Anyway, FTMO Swing Accounts!

No trades today. Was expecting low volatility due to US July 4th Bank Holiday Monday.
Watched the markets as if they were open, though.

Anyway, FTMO Swing Accounts!
1625507571376.png

One of the advantages/disadvantages of working from home, is that you're the one to get called when domestic issues arise!
Because no-one thinks trading is a real business!
Anyway, a 1+% short on DAX (40+pips) resulting in £800. (1+%)
ftmo2-jul06a.PNG