Trend Trading by Drtro

drtro

I created an indicator and I'd like to share the results with you guys. I found a concept on a website that substracts a larger moving average price to a shorter one and used it to confirm the 2 MA crossover strategy, but I altered it slightly. I don’t suggest using it on it’s own, but it’s a good confirmation indicator to the 20-EMA Bladerunner strategy. When the price is trending downwards then pulls back and closes above the 20-EMA with the TrendScalper confirming, it’s a long entry. When the price is trending up above the 20-EMA and reverses closing below with a bearish TrendScalper confirmation, it’s a short entry. Ignore any changes in the TrendScalper unless you get the confirmation in the 20-EMA. Move your stops up every time the price tests crossing the 20-EMA but gets rejected.

I will be trading equities live on the 1 minute time-frame to minimize losses until I prove the concept. I plan to move to the 15 minute time-frame once I prove it's sustainability. Still working out a good risk management strategy to use with it. I will also be trading FX pairs and futures on demo using this strategy on the 15 minute time-frame.

iYSyzA0.jpg

Here's an example showing a 100% return in one day on the margin requirement in a /GL contract.

I also went long GBP/USD to hedge against my USD/CAD position. They seem to diverge. Entry at 1.5649.

I just woke up. My GBP/USD position got stopped out, although it was the right call. I put my stop too tight. /CL got stopped out as well, which has basically been sideways anyways. I'm still in USD/CAD.