Trend Spotter

Trading result for 21st June ?

Hi Sid,

Can you post the 21st June trading result?

Thanks.

P.S. Currently I'm on vacation in Thailand ;)

Choice of broker

I'm a newbie who has been "preparing to trade" for about a year. I'm impressed by Trend Spotter (and indeed T2W - thanks everyone) and now feel ready to take the plunge. But I'm a bit confused about the relationship between Metatrader 4, brokers and datafeed providers and have a few questions in this regard:

(1) Am I correct in thinking that if a broker "offers" Metatrader 4 as a platform (eg. http://www.alpari-idc.com/ ) then you can places trade directly, ie. by using the Metatrader 4 software, whereas if your broker does not support/offer Metatrader 4, then you'd have to enter trades via a separate broker trade entry system?
(2) Do you think it's a significant advantage to have a Metatrader 4 compatiable broker because of (1)? Can anyone recommend such brokers, given that I intend to follow Trend Spotter?
(3) If I were to choose a broker that does not offer Metatrader 4, is there a danger that the Metatrader 4 demo account expires? This seems like a somewhat flakey basis for trading! And I understand it would present difficulties in following the Trend Spotter system.
(4) Is the free datafeed included with the Metatrader 4 demo account sufficient for trading purposes, or do I need another datafeed provider? Should I expect the broker to provide it?

My apologies if this seems too remedial for you guys -- just feeling a bit confused and looking for some advice.
Many thanks.

Trend Spotter Hits the SPOT!

Is it the Holy Grail? I don't think so. Because, I am the Holy Grail. LOL! This is my 2nd day trading with the Trend Spotter. Here are my results for today:

Net Pips Gained:

EURO - 50
GBP - 68
CHF - 89
TOTAL - 207 pips

Thank you very Sid and Phoenix Forex. My search for a system has ended with the Trend Spotter.

ejcruiser
chivaree

ejcruiser said:
Is it the Holy Grail? I don't think so. Because, I am the Holy Grail. LOL! This is my 2nd day trading with the Trend Spotter. Here are my results for today:

Net Pips Gained:

EURO - 50
GBP - 68
CHF - 89
TOTAL - 207 pips

Thank you very Sid and Phoenix Forex. My search for a system has ended with the Trend Spotter.

ejcruiser
chivaree

ej cruiser,

I'm in San Diego, where are you in CA? Thanks.

ChowClown said:
...i take it your +207, initially read it as losses on each pair!!...

sorry about that. i should have written it properly. well, it's all coz of excitement.

Net Pips Gained:

EURO +50
GBP +68
CHF -+89
TOTAL +207 pips

thanks, chowclown.

No worries, well done m8.

ejcruiser said:
sorry about that. i should have written it properly. well, it's all coz of excitement.

Net Pips Gained:

EURO +50
GBP +68
CHF -+89
TOTAL +207 pips

thanks, chowclown.

ejcruiser said:

Net Pips Gained:

EURO +50
GBP +68
CHF -+89
TOTAL +207 pips

thanks, chowclown.

ejcruiser, do you visit the phoenix members chat room?

Mark

crispybacon said:
I'm a newbie who has been "preparing to trade" for about a year. I'm impressed by Trend Spotter (and indeed T2W - thanks everyone) and now feel ready to take the plunge. But I'm a bit confused about the relationship between Metatrader 4, brokers and datafeed providers and have a few questions in this regard:
Many thanks.

The MT4 platfom will be used by brokers on a more large scale strating with the next month or so, till than we use it mainly for charts and indicator analysis, we place the buy/sell orders with other brokers or sperad betting co. as the case may be.
MT4 data feed is quite good although there is some points in difference comparing to other brokers, but the moves are in the same direction on each platform so we are alright.
hope this helps.

PS: many thanks for those kind words above :).

schoe said:
Thanks Options for the kind words. You are right its not easy admitting you are not one of the 5% winners in trading and this is the first step I hope to joining them there are many people on here who are in the same boat but pretend to be making loads of money and being top traders.

The losses were mainly 15 point whipsaw types on signals in the choppy period after the news , but one that I didn't cut which was 40 points on what I thought was a H and Shoulders so didn't cut my short trade and moved my stop loss! (i KNOW !) only for the market to continue long as the signal said it would. doh!

Anway Sid has been very helpful and supportive and we have had a long chat on the phone, I am going to turn my trading around with Sid and the systems help and the greatest trading site on the planet trade2win will be able to read about it here and know its not a load of lies.

Regards Schoe.

Hi Schoe,
Have not heard from u in a couple days. Can you update us on your progress and/or verify the results posted here?

I followed along in the free chat room but Sid wasn't there to make any calls and the guys that were did not do too well. ( I think one guy said he broke even)

milo

Hi Milo. Its going well thanks still down on the week but getting better as I get used to the system and learn when to stand aside. Have a look at my Jounal here for an update of my trading.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/journal.php?s=&journalid=3649&action=view#Schoe's%20Trendspotter%20Journal.

I still like the system and am confident I will get more profitable as I progress and practice, it is not the Holy Grail and discretion has to be used to trade the signals but it will always keep you on the right side of the trend ( if there is one ,thats the hard part!)

Regards Schoe.

ps. Not sure why the link isn't highlighted but if you copy and paste it into the address bar it works or go to Journals and see Schoes Trendspotter Journal.

ejcruiser said:

Net Pips Gained:

EURO +50
GBP +68
CHF -+89
TOTAL +207 pips

thanks, chowclown.

Mark,

Which hours of the day are you trading the TS? And, are you using single lots?

Thanks.

schoe said:
Hi Milo. Its going well thanks still down on the week but getting better as I get used to the system and learn when to stand aside. Have a look at my Jounal here for an update of my trading.

I still like the system and am confident I will get more profitable as I progress and practice, it is not the Holy Grail and discretion has to be used to trade the signals but it will always keep you on the right side of the trend ( if there is one ,thats the hard part!)

I find that a bit worrying that this system doesn't sound so intuitive to use, and as a few of us mentioned earlier in this thread, whipsaw trades are not filtered out. Should a system be considered good if one has to learn when to "stand aside"?

There are plenty of methods of staying on the right side of a trend, moving averages being just one. Surely if this system was that good it wouldn't leave so much discretion to the trader; one could be completely confident that the signals would produce a high percentage of profitable trades.

Apologies Schoe for picking apart what you wrote; it's brave of you to write your feedback here and a shame there are not more users giving they're thoughts on this system.

Hi Bluewave.

As I said in an earlier post it is not a black box system more of a trader support method and you still have to be a good trader in order to learn when to pull the trigger and when to stand aside any system that can do that for you will be excellent but i've never seen one ,the human brain combined with software is the easier way to progress. I've tried black box systems and lets just say the computer doesn't give a dam as it throws your money into other traders pockets whereas I do and can change my parameters as the market changes.

The psychology of trading expecially after a run of losses makes it difficult to stay disciplined with entries and exits this software helps remove that dilemma by giving you the safest entries and keeps you in the trade longer when you are in which is the hardest part of trading.

In addition to that you get chat room support with the opportunity to see how the person selling it trades it very successfully , free future upgrades and no cost for data so for the money its a lot better than other pieces of software that can cost several thousand pounds.

You are right there are plenty of other methods to identify the trend and thousands of other ways to trade, what matters is getting something that suits your personality and trading style. If this is not for you there is no need to 'worry' either don't buy it or if you do and decide its not for you take advantage of the money back guarantee.

What could be fairer than that ?

ps. I'm away until Sunday so won''t be around to answer questions or complete the journal, you will find me in a tent in the New Forest if you need me. ! lol.

Last edited:
I've been checking this out because I've never done anything with Forex before and I would like to branch out a bit, but Bluewave you hit a couple of the things I was thinking about on the head.

In my mind if you call something a system that says there are a certain set of rules you follow and there is no discretion involved. Prehaps that's a little too simplistic, but hearing this referred to as a system and then seeing people say that they are having a trouble figuring when to stand aside has given me a little hestitation. No offense to Sid because he has been a real nice guy about answering questions and being upfront about things, but prehaps he could clarify a little of this? I would be interested in hearing from Sid about the more discreationary aspects of his system.

I do think that system this looks very promsing and I'm interested to see how it works out as it goes forward. Seems like so far, there has been some pretty happy customers.