Trading without overnight holding charges.

Micky89

What's the best way to buy the ftse without being charged financing for holding overnight?

In the past I have bought and sold before the day ends to avoid them but I'd like to hold for a while. I'm only looking to trade at £5pp so would there be a way to accommodate that?

Ideally I'd like to hold for about a week or 2, or maybe a month. I'm looking to buy at around 6070 with a 100 point stop. Target 6800.

What's the best way to buy the ftse without being charged financing for holding overnight?

In the past I have bought and sold before the day ends to avoid them but I'd like to hold for a while. I'm only looking to trade at £5pp so would there be a way to accommodate that?

Ideally I'd like to hold for about a week or 2, or maybe a month. I'm looking to buy at around 6070 with a 100 point stop. Target 6800.

Yes, if you choose the futures contracts as you main trading instruments. The spreads are bigger initially. However, it does open up the possibility to hedge out exposure to your main position in the futures contract by taking opposing positions in the daily rolling contract.

Yes, if you choose the futures contracts as you main trading instruments. The spreads are bigger initially. However, it does open up the possibility to hedge out exposure to your main position in the futures contract by taking opposing positions in the daily rolling contract.

What sort of size spread would it be? Are you able to close a futures position before the expire date?

so the UK100 Jan 15 Futures contract would not charge for holding overnight? and if I held until the 15th of Jan, it would be settled at the price on that day?

Thanks.