Trading with Price and price only

Should I keep on posting on this journal

• Yes, please do.....

Votes: 82 88.2%
  • No, please dont torture us.....LOL

Votes: 11 11.8%

• Total voters
Four such simple questions! Wish they were simple to answer.

How many pairs do you generally keep your eye on?

Cheers,
PKFFW

Four such simple questions! Wish they were simple to answer.

How many pairs do you generally keep your eye on?

Cheers,
PKFFW

EURUSD, GBPUSD, AUDJPY, EURJPY, USDJPY, AUDUSD

not so much lately
EURCHF, USDCHF

and as of late, increasingly

CADJPY, USDCAD, NZDUSD, NZDJPY

There is always an opportunity out there :cheesy:

today was not good on a couple of fronts.

first, took a 18 pip loss on AUDJPY. trade taken just after 9 am, after other yen pairs had started to make a move up. AUDJPY was not doing so, and as soon i got a relatively good entry, just went long. well, the long didnt last more than 5 minutes. AUDUSD got a kick down at the same time that other yen pairs went down, and that was the story of the trading day. I guess i was just trying to be wise and prempt a proper breakout.

second, my platform went down 5 mins after the trade was over, then was up again, and then went dead until 4 pm. this is the first time it has happened in 2 years i have been with this broker. interestingly, this is what has frustrated me more than the loss, as it meant i couldnt go for another trade and get the money back and make more.

so all in all a bad day....seems i didnt answer the 4 questions properly

OK, today i took a EURJPY long. setup based on support resistance. I bailed out early, not wanting to sit through a pullback. took my 50 points and thank you very much. probably not a wise decision in hindsight, as i write, price has made a high 20 points above my exit, and still can go another 50.

charts attached are 15 min candles and closes posted on the FX thread

Edit:
The key questions to take a trade on are answered in the chart:

where is price?
how did it get there?
what is it doing?
how can you profit from it?

Attachments

• euryen oct 1 closes.gif
    euryen oct 1 closes.gif
    40 KB · Views: 166
  • euryen oct 1.gif
    euryen oct 1.gif
    45 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
sorry, just cant post in English today. just dont want to.

Hoy ha sido uno de esos dias donde la lectura de precio ha sido adecuada, bien entendidos los soportes. mi decision ha sido de no entrar al mercado. la actividad del precio arriba no ha sido lo mejor, y me ha dejado con muchas dudas. por tanto, abajo estan las respuestas a las preguntas de fondo.

a) where is price?
en EURJPY, AUDJPY y GBPUSD e inclusive EURUSD hicieron un techo potencial, y bajaron subitamenta a tocar soportes
b) how did it get there
en terminos generales, los precios tuvieron actividad bajista marcada en la sesion de asia, sin dar senalaes de ser un pullback, pero sin la fuerza o la senal de ser reversa
c) what is it doing?
reaccionaron en los soportes, no los penetraron (solo eurusd quiso hacerlo), sin embargo no los rechazaron del todo (solo audyen hizo algo al respecto.)
d) how can you profit from it
de ninguna manera. en mi opinion, debido a que la pregunta en b) no solo implicaba baja, sino la forma en que se formo la baja. si bien el soporte estuvo bien analizado, y de hecho se mantuvo...al menos hasta este momento, no existieron las condiciones para tomar largos. ni hablar

por tanto, ni largos, ni cortos. cero utilidades y cero perdidas.

me voy contento con mi lectura de soportes y resistencias. es un paso adelante.

buenas noches. espero que quien lea esto comprenda el castellano, hoy estoy cansado de solo utilizar ingles. lo siento.

My Spanish is not that hot, but.........maybe............

Today has been one of those days where the price reading has been adapted, understood the supports well. my decision has been from not entering the market. the activity of the price arrives has not been the best thing, and it has left me with many doubts therefore the answers to the bottom questions.
a) where is price? in EURJPY, AUDJPY and GBPUSD and inclusively EURUSD made a ceiling potential, and lowered to touch to supports b) how did it get there in general , the prices had noticeable bearish activity in the session of Asia, without giving signs of being a pullback, but without the force or the senal of being reversa c) what is it doing? they reacted in the supports, did not penetrate them (eurusd wanted to do it), nevertheless it did not reject them absolutely (single they audyen did something on the matter.) d) how do you profit from it of any way. in my opinion, because the question in b) nonsingle implied low, but the form in which I form the loss. although the support well was analyzed, and in fact it stayed at least... until this moment, did not exist the conditions to take lengths. nor to speak therefore, neither long, nor short zero utilities and zero lost ones. I go away contented with my reading of supports and resistance. it is a step advanced. good evening I hope that who reads this she includes/understands the Castilian, today I am tired of single using English. I feel it.

I Shorted A 4 Hour Hammer

nice one Arco.....you almost got it. Sorry if I wrote in Spanish, but sometimes i get fed up with writing in a different language to my own

I shorted a 4 hour hammer :cheesy: :eek: :eek: :eek: and a 8 pip stop :cheesy:

because it was at resistance :cheesy:

my stop is at BE, and will keep as a swinger. if it fails it fails, if it doesnt, i am a bit cheeky :cheesy:

today i scalped until i didnt have enough. good day for scalping support and resistance.

EDIT:

Never mind, stopped out. didnt work. still, a top could be around the corner, and i will be there to short it

Attachments

• i shorted a 4 hr hammer.gif
    i shorted a 4 hr hammer.gif
    17.5 KB · Views: 182
  • i shorted a 4 hr hammer closes.gif
    i shorted a 4 hr hammer closes.gif
    13.7 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
sorry, just cant post in English today. just dont want to.

Hoy ha sido uno de esos dias donde la lectura de precio ha sido adecuada, bien entendidos los soportes. mi decision ha sido de no entrar al mercado. la actividad del precio arriba no ha sido lo mejor, y me ha dejado con muchas dudas. por tanto, abajo estan las respuestas a las preguntas de fondo.

a) where is price?
en EURJPY, AUDJPY y GBPUSD e inclusive EURUSD hicieron un techo potencial, y bajaron subitamenta a tocar soportes
b) how did it get there
en terminos generales, los precios tuvieron actividad bajista marcada en la sesion de asia, sin dar senalaes de ser un pullback, pero sin la fuerza o la senal de ser reversa
c) what is it doing?
reaccionaron en los soportes, no los penetraron (solo eurusd quiso hacerlo), sin embargo no los rechazaron del todo (solo audyen hizo algo al respecto.)
d) how can you profit from it
de ninguna manera. en mi opinion, debido a que la pregunta en b) no solo implicaba baja, sino la forma en que se formo la baja. si bien el soporte estuvo bien analizado, y de hecho se mantuvo...al menos hasta este momento, no existieron las condiciones para tomar largos. ni hablar

por tanto, ni largos, ni cortos. cero utilidades y cero perdidas.

me voy contento con mi lectura de soportes y resistencias. es un paso adelante.

buenas noches. espero que quien lea esto comprenda el castellano, hoy estoy cansado de solo utilizar ingles. lo siento.

It's nice to have a Continental keyboard, I'll bet not having one makes you homesick.

¿ ñ ç é

But having to construct my Excel arguments in Spanish bothers me, there is always something to make it difficult i.e. they use comas in the arguments instead of semicolons.

Split

It's nice to have a Continental keyboard, I'll bet not having one makes you homesick.

¿ ñ ç é

But having to construct my Excel arguments in Spanish bothers me, there is always something to make it difficult i.e. they use comas in the arguments instead of semicolons.

Split

:LOL: .....entonces compra Office en Ingles.

si, extrano mucho poder utilizar acentos :(

jacinto

Cable

Heightened selling activity at Cable resistance pre NFP - will post later.

nice one S !!

i went for Cad since they have their NFP earlier, and it was definitely cleaner. happy with my 100, knowing i left a lot on the table. but then had i stayed in, i would have been spiked for zero.

keep an eye open on cad pairs next month :p

nice one S !!

i went for Cad since they have their NFP earlier, and it was definitely cleaner. happy with my 100, knowing i left a lot on the table. but then had i stayed in, i would have been spiked for zero.

keep an eye open on cad pairs next month :p

is that at 11.30 our time? looks clean as a whistle!!
well done.

Today I decided not to trade given the US holiday in the Bond Market. I did eye up a setup on Euryen and just decided to let go. My decision not to trade was just prior to the 4hr close at 9AM (sorry should read 12), while i was waiting for the close to signal the move down or not.

I am placing this setup for my record. Comments made after the 9 AM( sorry, should read 12 ) close are analysis post chart, comments prior to the close, are comments (views) i had looking for a trade prior to deciding not to trade.

I made the mistake not to trade, and well, that was my decision so I face full responsibility on it, and i am honestly not moaning.

This setup is for my record on how to mix 4hr with 1 hr closes to assess support-resistance to see if there is a counter trend move. Also, i have 3 charts. first chart is the 4 hr setup using closes only, and the other 2 are 60 min charts using closes and candles. It is a nice setup.

PS if someone is interested in reading the chart, i suggest to first read the 4 hr chart, then move to the 60 min using lines, and end with the candles. makes life easier.

EDIT: my mistake, 12:00 close not the 9 am close, sorry

Attachments

• euryen oct 8 1hr candles.gif
    euryen oct 8 1hr candles.gif
    28.5 KB · Views: 246
  • euryen oct 8 1hr.gif
    euryen oct 8 1hr.gif
    24.8 KB · Views: 225
  • euryen oct 8 4hr.gif
    euryen oct 8 4hr.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Oct 9th

well, after a frustrating morning, i managed to trade a long on EURJPY at 14:48 ( i think) from 164.33 on a test of apparent support. price moved in my favour, and i had to go and pick my kid from school. I went for the easy option and moved my stop to BE (reason: wimp). came back,and was stopped out for zilch.

tonight, at 18:45 (blimey, i sound like a gringo marine :LOL: ) was givin kid her dinner. saw price, and was rather upset for the missed trade (+60ish at the time). as the FOMC time approached, saw that price formed a bull flag. Just didnt mind it. kept on with the kid. the wife took the kid at 19:12 (yes, sir, general, sir :LOL: ), and when i saw the chart, the flag was taken and pulling back. took a long from 164.80, nice tight 8 pip stop :cheesy: , and was targeting + 70. I just bailed out for 50 :cheesy:

anyway. i am posting the setup for the profitable trade, but it also has annotations of the entries on the BE trade.

for today's trade i want to post something later on, i dont want to mix things, although they are related to this trade. It comes to the learnings i've had from 2 members, and how i have not understood them.

Attachments

• euryen oct 9 bull flag.gif
    euryen oct 9 bull flag.gif
    27.8 KB · Views: 217
scalping day today. started the day a bit hesitant, wasnt sure about yen pairs, had a look at cable and it had gone past what i saw as resistance....only for cable to give an interesting set of scalps based on Support-Resistance

basic setup on 15 min charts using lines to assess support, resistance, a short setup, etc. and a 5 min chart used to get the entries.

good 65 pips in 3 trades. last trade went for BE. should have closed, at a profit, but well, not much to say.

Attachments

• cable 10th oct scalps 15 min.gif
    cable 10th oct scalps 15 min.gif
    16.6 KB · Views: 194
  • cable 10th oct scalps.gif
    cable 10th oct scalps.gif
    28.4 KB · Views: 210
well, the easy part is to make mistakes. and believe me, i make way way more mistakes than non-mistakes, :eek: :mad: (look at monday's trade, look at yesterday's first trade)

:D thanks for your comments though

You make it look so easy Jacinto!

Hi PKFFW,

first of all, i am sorry, i didnt want to come across as aggressive in the previous post. apologies if it did.

actually, your post made me think a lot today. I didnt trade in the end due to a different set of reasons, but of the 7 words in your post, one actually resonated in my mind all the time.

if it is not an easy trade, or you dont think its an easy trade, then dont trade it, full stop.

so, thank you very much. Sometimes 1 word makes you think. It made me think a lot. I only want to take high probability trades that are high probability trades, but also that I see as high probability trades. That is "easy" trading.

Hi PKFFW,

first of all, i am sorry, i didnt want to come across as aggressive in the previous post. apologies if it did.

actually, your post made me think a lot today. I didnt trade in the end due to a different set of reasons, but of the 7 words in your post, one actually resonated in my mind all the time.

if it is not an easy trade, or you dont think its an easy trade, then dont trade it, full stop.

so, thank you very much. Sometimes 1 word makes you think. It made me think a lot. I only want to take high probability trades that are high probability trades, but also that I see as high probability trades. That is "easy" trading.
Hey Jacinto,

Your post didn't seem aggressive at all. If anything it seemed you are too aggressively hard on yourself! :LOL: I hadn't replied yet only through lack of time to sit and type.

I guess what I meant by easy is when I see your charts with your S&R lines, trend lines etc I see exactly what you are talking about very clearly. You make the chart very clear and "easy" to understand. That is a good thing and why I have mentioned before I am learning alot from reading this thread.

Then when I go back to my charts in real time and look.....I get confused again! :LOL:

I'm getting there though and firmly believe the fog is getting thinner. One of the reasons is because of this(and other) threads. So thankyou.

Cheers,
PKFFW