Trading with point and figure

Morning all

Any stability yet or more turmoil. Can make a fortune on these markets and lose a bigger one!
What drives me mad and inzimam experienced it yesterday, you can't close out or enter for that matter, at the level you want, requotes after requotes.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Stopped out at 75 back in at 65. Target 90

Forgot to upload chart providing evidence supporting my claim of usual lucidity:)

15 min looks tolerably bullish but the 5 min is a bit more doubtful and on looking at the PA I might just wimp out early. Stop tight

Attachments

• EURGBPm15_180206_09h45_2wks.png
    EURGBPm15_180206_09h45_2wks.png
    34 KB · Views: 84
  • EURGBPm5_180206_10h15_1wk.png
    EURGBPm5_180206_10h15_1wk.png
    41 KB · Views: 74
Forgot to upload chart providing evidence supporting my claim of usual lucidity:)

15 min looks tolerably bullish but the 5 min is a bit more doubtful and on looking at the PA I might just wimp out early. Stop tight
Wimp

Lol

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Out at 83 for +18

Morning all

Went to sleep last night trying to comprehend the day's events. Turned my phone on this morning to a million alerts (I've set alerts for Dax to move more than 50 points in 5 min). Did that really happen over night?!

Just goes to show that this market is insane. You can wipe out a year worth of sane, calculated and planned profit in a day!

I got very lucky but it came from the wrong place. Seeing 1600 points down on the Dow I entered a highly leveraged punt! I tried to close out at 300 points up (which was like a few seconds after entry), then 500, 600,700, then finally IG accepted my trade at 850 points up. What a fluke and the first and only and last time I suspect that the stupid 'can't fill' errors work in my favour.

For the record, PnF really is good but as all things requires additional complementary signals. Emotional state is critical to successful trading. For me in particular I have noticed the days I get hammered in trading is a ££ manifestation of my mood. Someone needs to design an 'emotional status' lock screen on trading apps!

This is only for the disbelievers. Do not do this at home and don't think this can ever be repeated.

I'm still around but fingers are off the trigger for a little while.

All the best
a02ff4ef4feca9218d85d8d38cfc9331.jpg

Yeh lol. I acknowledged my annual allowance of luck was all used up

Well done...maybe luck but pips in the bank ( we all could do with a slice) As long as you keep your feet to the ground and use your (ill gotten) gains for your future..I wish you well!

Yeh lol. I acknowledged my annual allowance of luck was all used up

I find this quote is a great help when I've fooled myself into thinking I have a clue what's going on:

"Then I did something terribly risky and not all that clever, but once again fortune chose to reward my stupidity."
Tim Dowling