Trading with point and figure

**** me!...i manage to get £10 a point in..and scambled to close on IG index...bloody hell. It kept going up and up and up, i finally managed to close it out for 800 points

Good...don't spend it all at once :LOL:

Might need that extra margin for your next trades (y)

worst fall since 2008. I only started trading since 2010! I've never seen anything like this

**** me!...i manage to get £10 a point in..and scambled to close on IG index...bloody hell. It kept going up and up and up, i finally managed to close it out for 800 points

Excellent job.....nothing worse than trying to close a decent profit and constantly getting requoted as "the price has changed....resubmit"

Typical, IG have closed their option markets... a dax call would be ideal right about now!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Excellent job.....nothing worse than trying to close a decent profit and constantly getting requoted as "the price has changed....resubmit"

At that time, IG's website platform went down and wouldn't reload. The app on my mobile was working but kept giving me the 'the order has been rejected' or the 'price has changed'. I actually called them to see if I could get through but I was on hold.

I've decided to scale back my trading. Might take a break now after the last few days. Need to cool off

I gotta be honest with myself that today was pure fluke after gettingba hammering on Friday.

Last edited:
At that time, IG's website platform went down and wouldn't reload. The app on my mobile was working but kept giving me the 'the order has been rejected' or the 'price has changed'. I actually called them to see if I could get through but I was on hold.

I've decided to scale back my trading. Might take a break now after the last few days. Need to cool off

I gotta be honest with myself that today was pure fluke after gettingba hammering on Friday.

That is a very good idea.

I remember a guy used to post on here made over 100k in a few days aggressively compounding. He continued on believing there was more to be had, only to give 90% of it back within 2 days.

I'm not saying get off the horse, but maybe just do some small stakes until you feel normal again.

Well in the interests of monetary transparency (and in total contrast to inziman's success) I lost £150 on Friday and then lost £220 yesterday attempting to catch Wall Street & DAX bounces at dumb places. Both losses I can happily live with :cheesy:

So... did anyone other than inziman make a good few hundred points on the short side?