Trading volatility for fun and profit

Emanuel

3 0
Exploring some new concepts on options. A method I am calling volatility compression. The basic idea is that then the volatility of an equity is heavily compressed there is a big change we will see a volatility release and sizable move in either direction from the compression point. An option bullish strangle or straddle is opened that got a minimum of two months duration until expiry.

Last edited:

Emanuel

3 0
First real time trade is a straddle in Alliance Data Systems (ADS) that got a setup.

We chose a straddle as there is no close strikes available, 270 and 290 is to far out.

We buy a June 280 straddle for $2810 that is the current price for 1 contract (100 options).

Last edited:

NVP

Legendary member
37,586 2,008
Exploring some new concepts on options. A method I am calling volatility compression. The basic idea is that then the volatility of an equity is heavily compressed there is a big change we will see a volatility release and sizable move in either direction from the compression point. An option bullish strangle or straddle is opened that got a minimum of two months duration until expiry.

so trading the breakout of a tight range then ?....wait for impending news releases and get best price pre news

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock