Trading via Heiken Ashi candles

It seems very easy and I use it as a check on trend .

But I suspect its rules because all the world and his dog must be using it, if it is so good.

I'm trying to find the catch.

This was completely new to me, and quite interesting on that account.

But like Splitlink, I'd be looking for a catch.

Massively long thread. Are they mostly profitable? (Didn't read much of it).

I quite like the actual candles. But I didn't quite follow the rest of it, TBH.

Opinions are like bottoms....everybody....

It seems very easy and I use it as a check on trend .

But I suspect its rules because all the world and his dog must be using it, if it is so good.

I'm trying to find the catch.

I wish I was more trusting but my opinion is that if this approach is so good then why isn't everyone using this approach to obtain untold riches. Discipline (No- not whips )is key-money management and psychological steadfastness likewise. The "edge"- well, that's something you weld together from study and practice. Good grief -for a moment I thought I had a pitch at Hyde Park Corner.:eek:
Good night folks:)

I've found H-K useful for assessing trend in swing to medium term trades - it smooths candles in the same way as price in moving averages. Don't think it would be so useful for very short timeframes where actual price is more relevant.

. . . Some of you may be interested in how price is represented by Heiken Ashi candles, and their use in one approach to trading price action.
Thanks Neil - although the OP on the FF thread is in a league of his/her own that I know I'm never going to reach:
". . . I hate to monitor charts anyway. Even if I scalp the market I use 4hr charts with success...." P1, post #11.
Scalping a 4hr chart that one isn't even looking at is clever, clever, clever stuff!
:LOL:
Tim.

Walter at FF ?

Thanks Neil - although the OP on the FF thread is in a league of his/her own that I know I'm never going to reach:
". . . I hate to monitor charts anyway. Even if I scalp the market I use 4hr charts with success...." P1, post #11.
Scalping a 4hr chart that one isn't even looking at is clever, clever, clever stuff!
:LOL:
Tim.

"League" of his own or "world" of his own :LOL:

Hello,
i need an indicator who gives me an alert when Heiken Ashi change its colour.
Can you help me.
Thanks