Trading US futures at tick level from Europe

milesy

Hi,
I'm trading a system on the US futures markets but I'm based in Europe. Using Esignal for the charting and data feed and esignals .efs system generates the trade signals .
The timeframes are generally around the 100 tick level and I know that other traders trading in the US are getting different trade signals to the ones I'm getting here in europe, causing me to have more losing trades than they get but using exactly the same setup.

I have noticed that some of the price bars OHLC-s can be different to the US traders and I was wondering if anyone knew the exact cause of this and a workaround.
Is it due to latency in the data feed or a bottleneck somewhere ?
In fact the most important question I have would be..
Are we in Europe more likely to suffer innaccurracies in our data at tick level from the US futures than our American cousins , if so has anyone else noticed discrepencies in their results compared to results obtained the other side of the Atlantic ?
I-m getting no joy out of esignal with this so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Milesy

Last edited:
Are we in Europe more likely to suffer innaccurracies in our data at tick level from the US futures than our American cousins

Not in my view and if you have a problem it will be to do with eSignal. Have you thought of changing data supplier ?

Paul

Is it due to latency in the data feed or a bottleneck somewhere ?
In fact the most important question I have would be..
Are we in Europe more likely to suffer innaccurracies in our data at tick level from the US futures than our American cousins , if so has anyone else noticed discrepencies in their results compared to results obtained the other side of the Atlantic ?
Hi Milesy,
Welcome to T2W.
I Think I recall reading somewhere that eSignal have two servers - one for the U.S. and one for Europe - which might account for any discrepancies between the two. This thread might be worth a trawl:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gen...ignal-data-un-reliable.html?highlight=eSignal
Hope you manage to get it sorted.
Tim.

Milesy-

What systems or account connections do you use to execute your trades? In my experience, esignal consistently lags the real market by a few ticks, particularly when there is a volume spike or significant movement. I use esignal for some of the charting and for historical data and as a backup in case my other conncection goes down. IMO, the best connection to the market comes from either Ninja/Zen Fire feed or trading technologies (TT). I wouldn't trade live off of esignal alone-- i use it mainly for backtesting. hope that helps. good trading!