Trading the SPX

Public corporations aren't the only folks in the market hoarding cash though, mutual fund managers are also holding cash at near record levels. A July survey by Merrill Lynch found that 19% of all fund managers believed they were overweight in cash with the mean cash balance for mutual funds at 4.1%.
Interesting statistic, and follows that which I posted a week or so ago about the significantly reduced amounts of money flowing into the markets in the first 6 months of this year. As such a serious decline in the markets at this point in time would prove most of the people right. Not something the market is typically inclined to do. Something to consider

roguetrader

I'm quite bullish actually. I'd love to see a correction down to 9000 on the DJI, it would provide some good values, and would generate some great returns to the years end.

However, I'm not sure you'll even see 10000, as while the values at 10560 odd are not compelling, they are better value than Bonds are currently, esp. in an interest rate environment that is still rising.

cheers d998

joules thanks for that
but I am using a number of indicators, support and resistance, oscillators, macd, 50 and 100 ema , and all that sort of thing
whats it all tell me, we are trading in a tight range , and its seems to be forming a long pennant
and it may go no like this all day

well I did not have them 10 mins ago , and I am only chatting to you
sooooooooooooo
thank you !!
but I do not deserve them , as you are very knowlegable, and I just trade what I see
I thank you for your input

crossed the 50ema
crossed the 100ema
broken down trend
seems week , just going to wait !!

3.30in the US , only 30 minutes trading to the close
going to call it a day, thank you for your company, help ,and encouragment
H

Joules MM1 said:
Well done, Horatio.

Do we detect one of these : :p

Plus you got five stars today...wonder where you got those from.....
Someone nicked one of mine
:rolleyes:

The market has no fear today?

Must be very confident with lots of inside info?

No hint of interest rates increases stopping yet... pressures on inflation have stayed elevated
Consumer spending strong.. well that is cos they haven't been saving!

The market thinks that is good? Ah, well.. that's bulls for you...

Hmm, it has just sunk in that uh, no interest rates aren't going to stop going up yet..... duh, a little slooooow there.....

Cisco is down 5.25% today after results last night.. it has 3.33% weight on the Nas100

And oil is still going up.. oh, who cares about that today....
only the excuse if the market is going down