Trading strategy. Does it needed?

Kaldir

In this thread, I would like to learn more about trading strategies and how to use them. What is it all about? How are they applied?
In your own words, if possible. Do not copy texts from the web.

Talk about your strategies and their results (even if they are bad).

In this thread, I would like to learn more about trading strategies and how to use them. What is it all about? How are they applied?

I don’t have my own strategy yet, but I hope that one day I will develop it. It seems to me that a strategy is somehow necessary in any case. At least have an idea of when to open and close trades. How much profit or loss is allowed for you. No matter how you trade, you use a strategy. I think even the absence of a strategy is also a strategy:)

There are only two strategies - do what price has been doing, or do the opposite. Which means either buy because price has been rising or buy because it has been falling: or sell because price has been falling or sell because it has been rising.

In summary you either follow the trend or you trade a reversal of the trend. It is easier to time a trade which follows the trend: most trades with the trend will be in the right direction. A reversal trade has a greater possibility for profit in a short time period: most reversal trades are in the wrong direction when they are opened.

From my communication with traders, I realized that the strategy is important, but not only in terms of opening/closing trades, but also in terms of responding to certain market situations. The strategy also includes (not all) risks.
A competent strategy increases the chance and amount of profit.
But sometimes a trader without a strategy earns many times more:rolleyes: You can't guess here :) Only time and monitoring of the trade (profit/loss analitic).

There are only two strategies - do what price has been doing, or do the opposite. Which means either buy because price has been rising or buy because it has been falling: or sell because price has been falling or sell because it has been rising.

In summary you either follow the trend or you trade a reversal of the trend. It is easier to time a trade which follows the trend: most trades with the trend will be in the right direction. A reversal trade has a greater possibility for profit in a short time period: most reversal trades are in the wrong direction when they are opened.
I don't think it's that simple. Otherwise everyone would be rich. Maybe others have other thoughts?

Thank you for your opinion.

From my communication with traders, I realized that the strategy is important, but not only in terms of opening/closing trades, but also in terms of responding to certain market situations. The strategy also includes (not all) risks.
A competent strategy increases the chance and amount of profit.
But sometimes a trader without a strategy earns many times more:rolleyes: You can't guess here :) Only time and monitoring of the trade (profit/loss analitic).
Thank you.

I don't think it's that simple. Otherwise everyone would be rich. Maybe others have other thoughts?

Thank you for your opinion.
True. Its a starting point. But just because its basic information doesn't mean it has no value. Take a look at your broker's sentiment indicators for any pair in a strong uptrend and you will find that the majority of their private retail clients are short. I mean, these guys aren't waiting for a chance to get short or or signs of a reversal or for an indicator value to pop up - they're already short. For these guys, simple is too difficult.

Finding a strategy is hard enough and not all strategies will be successful. But from my experience I can say that I stopped buying cryptocurrency, which now will give a lot of X's, and in two days will fall to zeros, I got caught in it many times. I invest only in reliable cryptocurrency and do not get greedy, I sell it as soon as it gives at least some growth.

I trade using Ctrader via ic markets as the broker, no problems with them ,also have an account with them on copy trade.

Finding a strategy is hard enough and not all strategies will be successful. But from my experience I can say that I stopped buying cryptocurrency, which now will give a lot of X's, and in two days will fall to zeros, I got caught in it many times. I invest only in reliable cryptocurrency and do not get greedy, I sell it as soon as it gives at least some growth.
What cryptocurriency is reliable for you?

Please note, no one will share a trading strategy that is working with you or anyone else for that matter, because the more people are using it the less profitable it would be and will be arbitraged away completely...

Other than that, a strategy is a must, because you can quantify your trading, back test and forward test it, etc...

Trading without a strategy is like a random betting, exactly as nunrgguy said above :)