Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Updata

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alan,

I don't know if many people have experience of neural networks yet. I'd be interested in hearing your experience if you have tried it.

I got an upgrade to Omnitrader this week but haven't noticed any real differences in between OT2000 and oT2001. I'm using metastock more these days but would dearly like to find a tool that is less time-consuming! Most of my stock picks rely on me to differentiate between good and bad.

Burney

44 0
Re Neural nets

Hi Darth,
Thanks for the response-it does seem that limited numbers of people using or interested in neural nets-have just replied to a post from Troy re Deep Insight. I have limited experience with neural nets(just starting out) but what I have been impressed with so far is their flexibilty when you are using them for building Trading Sytems-I am also impressed by the use of Genetic Algorithms to optimise systems and indicators that you have already built.e.g. will automatically determine for given share/index etc what is the optimum moving average period or bollinger band width etc etc.Also some of them come with add ons such as fuzzy logic programmes where you can ask them to search through reams of data with queries such as find out where clsoing price gaps up then trends sideways then gaps up again etc etc-they take a hell of a lot of the spade work out of identifying candidates and giving buy/sell signals.There is a need however for some early spade work to understand what is going on and how to set up the programmes.Modern ones like Neuroshell dont need you to be a rocket scientist but still need some time to get to grips with.Once you have a system that you are happy with it works along the lines of Omnitrader just run the data on the shares etc you are interested in and it gives buy/sell signals. Have a look at www.wardsystems.com for more info-or send me an e mail if you have any specifics.

Alan

Austrader

11 0
I would be interested in getting a Meta formula language thread going, I'd even be happy to administer it (I also use OmniTrader, but don't see much value in it having it's own thread bar for various models that people have built as well as daily picks and commentaries).

Personally, I think that people get way too caught up in filters and the like, and for some users, having a large collection of filters is akin to stamp collecting.

The fact of the matter is that there will never be one singular 'super filter' that works under all trading conditions. If traders educate themselves to understand the various market characters and environments along with leading / lagging, oscillator and trend based indicators, they would rether quickly understand that 3 or 4 filters do the trick in terms of identifying condusive trading opportunities.

In the near future, I will start posting charts to show you what I mean, but for the moment, it's something to think about!

Regards,

Austrader