• Sharescope

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Updata

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here's a poll to find out how many people use each of the trading software products.

If you use more than one please vote for your preferred product.

Darth.

Uncle

Established member
671 2
Out of 51 views only 12 responses to this poll. Considering, this BB was set up for the advocacy of TA am surprised there hasnt been a bigger response.

Not sure what Darth had in mind when he set up the thread, whether pure curiosity or some other reason. Whatever it is, come on all you viewers let the world know your preferred software.

John

Joe

93 2
Hi Uncle
May be usual problem with questionnaires. Only ONE choice allowed, I could have ticked 4.

Perhaps it should allow multi-answers
Regards
Joe

Hi.

Joe, the concept was to vote for your preferred program. I think that there will be a lot a people like you and me with more than one package.

I noticed the poll function this weekend and thought I'd try and see what sort of response there was.

Darth.

ChartMan

Legendary member
5,580 46
Also bear in mind, that there will be a number of "browsers" that just don't have anything...Along with newcomers.

Joe

93 2
I'm sorry I've boobed again. I should have voted for Updata not AIQ as my one preference.
Regards
Joe

Well, I (at least) found the poll results interesting.

Since the number of results so far is about the same as the number of entries in the competition I suspect that most people have voted.

I expected to see more AIQ users and didn't realise that so many metastock and other packages were actively being used.

Thanks for voting. Maybe soon I might ask another question but I don't want to over do it in case everyone gets fed up with silly questions.

Darth.

So, how's about a Metastock routines page similar to the AIQ page? This should have them flocking in!

Sharky

Admin
5,558 294
Forums for all!

Does metastock have similar routines to AIQ, if so.. let me know the files extension and what it's called, and I'll add a forum for that too. Do you think these specific forums should just be for routines, or anything to do with the software. If members want updata, sharescope, omnitrader etc. forums too, I'll also add them.

Sharky.

Sharky,

you can export metastock systems, experts and queries as .DTA files.

However in my opinion (others please comment) it's not worth creating a download feature as cut and paste would accommodate all my needs.

I would find it helpful/interesting if AIQ users could post text source too as the scripting language could be translated into other systems. This would assist cross-fertilisation of ideas and an understanding of the pros/cons of each package rather than gathering into separate tribes.

How do others feel?

Skimbleshanks

2,325 16
Sharky - I think it would be nice to have one for each of the software programs, and containing anything and everything to do with that program.

That way, if anyone is interesting in getting the software they can get a feel for what it's like by the comments and observations, and people can also post prices, availability, etc. We do know that people from the software companies read these messages, so let's hope they won't be shy in coming forward to respond to any questions about their software.

Burney

44 0
Other Software Forums

Guys,
Would be interested in a forum for Updata and also Omnitrader -hoepfully others would like to see similar.
Also would be really keen to see some discussions on Neural Networks and the like-have tried a couple of posts and either no one is interested or somehow I have offended lots of people as I havent had much response-nil to the last one : )

Alan