Trading Simulator and Backtesting

trendie

Legendary member
Any recommendations for a trading simulator?

I have noticed TradeSim mentioned a few times, but there appears to be no specific thread relating to simulators to generate fast responses to system tweaks.

Does anyone rate TradeSim?
Anything else out there?

How do you load the data into them, or does data feed come with it?
Whats a general price for such things?

NB: mainly for FX, DAX, Dow and SPX. not stocks/shares.

thanks

Any recommendations for a trading simulator?

I have noticed TradeSim mentioned a few times, but there appears to be no specific thread relating to simulators to generate fast responses to system tweaks.

Does anyone rate TradeSim?
Anything else out there?

How do you load the data into them, or does data feed come with it?
Whats a general price for such things?

NB: mainly for FX, DAX, Dow and SPX. not stocks/shares.

thanks

Hello Trendie,

I use TradeSim for my system development. It was developed to work with Metastock but you can use some other Charting packages with it. I use Amibroker for example.

Basically, your charting package creates a tradefile (which consists of results from an exploration in the case of MS) which is then imported into TradeSim.
Think of TradeSim as an add-on to your current charting package / Data combo. You first need to create the TradeFile before you can use TradeSim.

I rate TradeSim VERY HIGHLY. In fact I wouldn't trade any system without first looking at the backtested results in TradeSim. TradeSim allow one to play around with different risk models / position sizing very easily.

There are different versions of TradeSim available. IMO you must purchase the Enterprise edition, as it offers Monte Carlo analysis which is a MUST if you intend to trade a portfolio. TradeSim can run 20,000 Monte Carlo simulations in around 1-2mins!!!

The customer service is 1st class. David Samborsky who developed the software is easily available if you have any problems with TradeSim. I remember emailing Support at 11pm one evening and received a reply (with a solution) within 15mins!!! Not saying this is the norm but it just proves how good the support is.

Regarding price, the Enterprise edition is around $1200 US while the other versions are a lot cheaper.

Check out TradeSim - Advanced System Tester and Dedicated back testing platform for Metastock and other Charting Software. for more info.

I know a number of regular users of TradeSim and all of them praise the software.

If you are serious about System Development then IMO TradeSim is a must......

If you need any further information. let me know.......

Regards,

Chorlton

I am using RapidSP trading simulator software

Hi,

I recently started currecy/forex trading. About 8 months ago I came across with this RapidSP trading simulator.
Tick-by-tick currencies, futures, stocks Day Trading Simulator- Learn to day-trade currencies, futures, stocks

The thing i like is variable speed daytrading simulations to practice few years of daytrading in few weeks as well as simulates unlimited no. of currencies, futures, stocks

It has about 5-6years of data on different instruments to download for free & data can be exported in tick/ohlc.

They do offer trial period but only for 12 days. I bought it for $99.00.

It saved my time & money before investing in forex market. Still working on this piece of simulator.

happy trading & all the best