Trading Performance

I risk 2% of my bank on every trade. My bank is £50k - However I work out my risk return on total trades made. So 260 trades last year risking 1k each.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm leaning towards doing this full time. Much appreciated.

I think Yesman23 is indirectly asking for peoples opinions by making up a story on how he` made substantial gains to a sum of £58,126 but the real story is...

Thats how much he wants to start out with and he really doesnt have a clue.

If you`ve made this return your mannerism` and wisdom would way exceed these incredibly daft questions because you`d surely have the knowledge learnt from all the information flinging around on the net...

Its not like this is the first time you`ve ever visited a forum or heard of people talk about statistics and ROI percentage, surely!? (I mean, pretty much every speculator learns from others, most crucially, there mistake. Or did you just read a few books and watch charts with absolutely no guidance)... because if it is then, I along with others here are really confused how ridiculous and strange this thread is? (not to say I haven't ever started a ridiculous or strange thread either :D)

Hi D.Gilberto,

I genuinely have made that amount of money in less than 12 months and am a bit freaked out by how well it's gone. It still feels like a massive step to give up the day job even after doing so well in case it all went pear shaped. Time will tell, but I'm pretty confident I'm onto a major winner here.

If I personally really made that amount in only 12 months, while still having a day job, then I would simply continue doing both.

The reason for this is that 58k would not be sufficient to cover my **** in the event it was a fluke. I am also assuming you are taking on excessive risk. I think 500k to 1m would be a more reasonable amount on which to go solo if you can indeed consistently keep up said performance.

Of course, it all comes down to how each person deals with it. Whatever you do, make sure you have exit options in the event it doesn't work out.

I risk 2% of my bank on every trade. My bank is £50k - However I work out my risk return on total trades made. So 260 trades last year risking 1k each.

So a £30k return on £50k pot.

Very good work! (y)

What are you trading?