trading pence per point in shares

Blindman

Hello just a quick question about starting off.
Firstly I am in the UK.

I am looking at trading very small amounts only risking a couple of pence a point on shares.
I know City Index start off at 25p a point with there spread betting but I am wondering if theres a way I can start off only risking 5p or 10p per point.

Buying the shares would be uneconomical at those low levels when the cost of broker comes into it.
So I am wondering of possible ways I can limit risk and get experiance while actually trading real money.

Any thoughts or ideas I would be grateful for as you know far more about this than I do?:D

Thanks for the replies I am open to all possibilities. I just think its best when starting out to trade small I think risking 10p or 5p or even 1p per point. is enough.

I may even ask GKFX if they can set it up so I can trade 1p per point. Well if you don't ask you don't get.

But if you know of any other brokers or options let me know.

Thanks for the replies I am open to all possibilities. I just think its best when starting out to trade small I think risking 10p or 5p or even 1p per point. is enough.

I may even ask GKFX if they can set it up so I can trade 1p per point. Well if you don't ask you don't get.

But if you know of any other brokers or options let me know.

Big difference in risk between trading 10p a point on most shares compared with EU, GU, WS30, etc.:)

I have thought of a possible way of trading low amounts of shares.

If I were to use interactive Brokers and trade in 2-10 shares I could start off trading small and build up the account.

I am not totally sure if I can do this cheaply so I may have to phone up there UK office.

I want to place about 25 trades a week on UK / US shares holding them for a couple of months. I only wish to purchase less than 10 shares as some of the Dow trades can move some distance.

Has anyone done this? or know of a cheap way to do this?