Trading NASDAQ stocks with Jerry Olson & Ian Hodgson

Grey1 said:
If I left an over night position open with 5 stocks of BRCM would that carry the same risk as 5000 stocks. of course not .
This is where I'm losing it mate. To use your example. BRCM with a stop of 25c, overnight or not ,determines your risk. Absolute risk. It's your absolute risk amount that determines your trading size. Whether it's 5 or 5000, your trade size, is only ever determined by the risk you have calculated for that specific play.

If 25c stop (risk) works out at 5BRCM or 5000BRCM, that's the deal. Surely?

If you're willing to risk 1% of cap on a trade and your max risk is say 1%, then on a nominal $1M account , your max abs risk is $10,000 on any one trade. If you're going to trade BRCM at a risk of 50c/share when it's trading at say 33.75 means you will buy (if you're Long of course) 20,000 shares. If your risk is calculated at 75c, you buy 13,300. And this has nothing to do with stock price and everything to do with managing your risk. That's how many shares you'd buy of any stock, regardless of price, with that same risk profile. That's how I currently manage my risk.

That's what I'm asking I guess. It seems you're saying these days you set your block size (trade size) and THEN work your risk. Perhaps I've misunderstood you.

[
TheBramble said:
It's your absolute risk amount that determines your trading size.

it is the volatility that determines the risk and hence the trading size . SO if BRCM has a Volatility of $100 C ( daily hence over night ) then 5 Shares of BRCM would risk $5 and 5000 shares would be $5000. With all respect the error in your argument is the stop loss level for both 5 shares of BRCM and 5000 BRCM being the same .you cannot set the same stop loss of 25C for 5 BRCM and 5000 BRCM ( this is money management stop) ,.you should be setting a technical stop to suit the stock's historical behaviour . Your stop must come from their historical volatility . ( Example if you trading AAPL daily then your stop must come from ATR daily , if hourly then ATR hourly if 5 min then ATR 5 min ) . A variable and meaning full dynamic stop loss.

Please let me know if i am clear.

Thanks

Also as you correctly said stock price has nothing to do with size.

Just A Thought

Good Morning everyone

Yesterday became a non event when the FOMC May minutes were released at 2.00 pm. In fact the market finished very strong at the end of the day for the first time in a long time. I am still in the camp we "could" retest the last weeks lows at 1245.00 ES. However we are setting up for a possible higher low if we can rally up right from here. That would mean on Tues. of this week when they sold off the markets pretty hard that low of that day would be a higher low then last week. So we'll have to wait and see how the street digests what looks to me like there is another rate hike in the pipeline coming in June, data or no data. We do have several economic reports coming out ahead of that meeting but I think it's in stone no matter what they see. Now the markets have to adjust stock prices just like how they're doing it as we speak. This is the process of moving the markets up and down folks. The streets perception is stock prices are too high against rate hikes and a potential slowing of the economy. I on the other hand think stock prices are cheap on a historical basis. But I do not chair the FED. Right now we need to see some internal indicators I watch on Point & Figure chart bullish percents begin the process of reversing back up. Based on the second day of watching these indicators stabilize and begin to move higher my thinking is within 1-2 weeks we should be rallying higher. The Percent of stocks above their 10 week moving averages has reversed back up at 32%. If this BP prints 34% then it gives a solid buy signal for me and then I watch if the Hi Lo index will join this short term indicator all the while checking the 3 main BP's. There is another important factor in this mix and that's "negative momentum" on most all index charts. Most indexs have neg mom for 4-5 weeks right now and usually it continues toward 6-7 weeks. Hence if we continue to show neg mom & continue to back and fill over the next few weeks we could be setting up for a nice base building pattern. I will let everyone know in this space what is going on day to day. One more piece of the puzzle would put that smile back on my face after that Barrons article announced we are going to 12,000 DOW! That would be if the Hi Lo index reversed back up with the 10 week. They move as a team and that's the signal to get cash back in the game.

Grey1 said:
[

it is the volatility that determines the risk and hence the trading size . SO if BRCM has a Volatility of $100 C ( daily hence over night ) then 5 Shares of BRCM would risk $5 and 5000 shares would be $5000. With all respect the error in your argument is the stop loss level for both 5 shares of BRCM and 5000 BRCM being the same .you cannot set the same stop loss of 25C for 5 BRCM and 5000 BRCM ( this is money management stop) ,.you should be setting a technical stop to suit the stock's historical behaviour . Your stop must come from their historical volatility . ( Example if you trading AAPL daily then your stop must come from ATR daily , if hourly then ATR hourly if 5 min then ATR 5 min ) . A variable and meaning full dynamic stop loss.

Please let me know if i am clear.

Thanks

Also as you correctly said stock price has nothing to do with size.
So my error is in not taking volatiality sufficiently into account when determining stop levels? I am just using 'obvious' stops such as Support & Resistance, decades (half-decades etc.) and the like to estimate the best fir stop. I haven't even looked at historical volatility as a factor.

OK. More homework.

But, even taking the above into account, surely the volatility and risk is IDENTICAL for 5 shares as it is for 5000? Be it 25c, 50c 67c - whatever?

higher volatility will potentially reduce liquidity at technically attractive stop levels and incur higher risk of slippage. If you're batting size for smallish unit gains that slippage could make quite a difference. Not as much of an issue obviously for small size.
On a larger scale that's what we're seeing right now in emerging markets..big size...squeezing liquidity at desired price levels incurring higher slippage costs for locking in their profits.

TheBramble said:
So my error is in not taking volatiality sufficiently into account when determining stop levels? I am just using 'obvious' stops such as Support & Resistance, decades (half-decades etc.) and the like to estimate the best fir stop. I haven't even looked at historical volatility as a factor.

OK. More homework.

But, even taking the above into account, surely the volatility and risk is IDENTICAL for 5 shares as it is for 5000? Be it 25c, 50c 67c - whatever?

Tony please look into volatility. No way escaping from this issue. Thanks buddy.

I just covered my 1392 short JOYG Over night signal with $935.27 profit . Easy peasy.

i dumped two lots of 500 as each time frame went against me and finally 392 lot.
A good start for the day . SNOWG,, my man what did I tell you ? lol

Attachments

• joyg1.jpg
    joyg1.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 299
  • overnight.jpg
    overnight.jpg
    766.7 KB · Views: 405
My Triggers From This Am's Update

AAPL---60.20 THE BTL---59.45 THE SST---I AM STILL LONG AAPL HERE AND WILL DOUBLE VERY SOON. IT'S SITTING ON THE 200 EMA DAILY IN A MAJOR FALLING WEDGE

BRCM---34.20 THE BTL---33.45 THE SST---THIS STOCK IS DEFINITELY BASE BUILDING AT 33-34 IT'S STILL LAYING AROUND THE BOTTOM OF THE 10 WEEK TRADING BAND.

CELG---41.90 THE BTL---41.10 THE SST---I STILL HAVE CELG AT 43.00 AND WILL ADD TODAY OR TOMORROW MARKET WILLING THIS CHART LOOKS FINE TO ME.

RIMM---65.45 THE BTL---64.50 THE SST---WHAT A CRAZY STOCK. RALLIES EARLY SELLS OFF IN THE MIDDLE AND THEN GYRATES THE REST OF THE DAY. NUTS!

DELL---25.55 THE BTL---25.20 THE SST---THIS STOCK HAS TAKEN OVER CSCO'S PLACE FOR US TRADERS WE HAVE NAILED THIS EVERDAY. GET INTO A STOCK IN PLAY RIGHT NOW

RMBS---25.70 THE BTL---24.90 THE SST---SEEMS A BIT TOO CHEAP TO ME AT THESE CURRENT PRICES WATCH FOR SOME BUYERS TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE SOON.

MRVL---48.30 THE BTL---47.50 THE SST---EVER SINCE THIS KLAC DEBACLE ABOUT STOCK OPTIONS BACK DATING THE WHOLE SEMIS SECTOR GOT KILLED. I THINK IT'S PURE NONSENSE.

IDCC---28.65 THE BTL---27.90 THE SST---I HAVE MENTIONED THIS STOCK OVER THE LAST FEW DAYS AS THEY GUIDED REVENUES HIGHER. IT'S RALLIED STRAIGHT UP HERE.

JOYG---54.15 THE BTL---53.30 THE SST---THE STREET LIKES THIS NAME THEY CONTINUE TO BUY EVERY DIP SO FAR SO PUT IT ON YOUR WATCH LIST

FFIV---48.90 THE BTL---48.00 THE SST---UP 3+ YESTERDAY ON THAT UPGRADE AS WE ALL KNOW MANY OF THESE STOCKS ARE JUST DOING BACK SIDE BOUNCES SO FAR.
=====================================================================================================

IT'S IMPORTANT TO DAY FOR THE MARKETS TO SETTLE AND HOLD ON TO GOOD GAINS. THE FIRST COUPLE OF DAYS IN THE NEW MONTH CAN GET SOME NEW MONEY TO WORK.

TOMORROW THE MOST IMPORTANT EMPLOYMENT NUMBER FOR YEARS WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT 8.30. IF IT WEAK THE MARKETS WILL RALLY TOO STRONG AND WE'LL TANK. SO FRIDAY WILL BE FUN.

SEE YOU ALL IN THE ROOM

JERRY & INNA

Jerry Olson
The Jog Group

Last edited by a moderator:
chump said:
higher volatility will potentially reduce liquidity at technically attractive stop levels and incur higher risk of slippage. If you're batting size for smallish unit gains that slippage could make quite a difference. Not as much of an issue obviously for small size.
On a larger scale that's what we're seeing right now in emerging markets..big size...squeezing liquidity at desired price levels incurring higher slippage costs for locking in their profits.
That was a very concise description.

Perhaps I'm going slightly off on a tangent, but is it that increased volatility reduces liquidity (because fewer want to trade as the spread widens and the speed of price action introduces its own intrinsic premium which cannot be held over or passed on) or that deliberately reduced liquidity increases volatility?

I'm guessing the former as the only way I can currently imagine you could deliberately reduce liquidity would be to deliberately withhold supply. But all that tends to do is reduce volume and increase price - not volatility.

Good post Chump. Thought provoking.

HOV moves above yesterday's lows, AAPL great move off the lows

AAPL Jun 2006 60.0000 call QAAFL cool move off yesterday's lows (see chart posted) period of trading Added AAPL the stock for any additional intraday gains. Target for AAPL is 70.
Change: 1.20 (+65.85%) Hard stops are important in today's volatile markets.

Attachments

• AAPLrots.gif
    AAPLrots.gif
    18.9 KB · Views: 175
Grey1 said:
Tony please look into volatility. No way escaping from this issue. Thanks buddy.
I will do. As per my response to Chump's post above, an interesting area of research I'm just about to get stuck into.

But as for my trading, until such time as I have a handle on how to factor Volatility into my risk calculations, I will stick with the mantra I have been using for over 2 years - "High Volatility Stocks are for Mugs" (or those who know more about Volatility than I do.... :rolleyes: )

Short set up CVTX with ENDP at major area of support as well

ENDP sitting on its rising 20 day moving average might be a short under 29.50.

Attachments

• cvtxdownside.jpg
    cvtxdownside.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 196
TheBramble said:
"High Volatility Stocks are for Mugs" (or those who know more about Volatility than I do.... :rolleyes: )

Tony

Very true .. high volatility stocks can ruin trader's capital if position sizing is not correct . Risk gets out of hand if volatility cannot be handled properly and as a result the risk of ruin increases.

Knowing how to handle volatility makes all the difference. People who have met me have seen conclusively that with out risk management most traders lose .

Grey1

Long PALM @ 17.21 with a target 18.25 to 18.50 at a stop @ 17

PALM reversal day looking for a bear flag recovery This might be traded as a a SWING TRADE which doesn't automatically mean hold through downside!

Attachments

• palm.jpg
    palm.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 225
eurotrader52 said:
AAPL potential rebound here after huge pullback from 73! Huge gain today in the 60 puts (QAARL) if you were agile

Awesome analysis by euro . Well done APPL up $2

grey1

BRCM buy 34.40 with a stop 34.20 target 35.50

BRCM from permanent watch list trigger long

Attachments

• bRCMtrigger.gif
    bRCMtrigger.gif
    16.1 KB · Views: 190
BRCM hourly chart showing rationale of entry

BRCM very volatile and will take any profits into the close (usually divided into thirds) howevver, for a mere $1.15 RCQFG.X added the 35 call options so I can have about 1,000 shares for the price of a 1.15 stock. Now I do use a scanner intraday ESPECIALLY for the last hour of trading but I "plug" MY OWN STOCK PLAYS into this scanner (about 85% of the time) as opposed to scanning the entire universe of stocks. I do like "hot stocks" but NOT STOCKS THAT HAVE NEWS INTRADAY unless they happen to be on my own stocks.

Attachments

• brcmhourly.gif
    brcmhourly.gif
    19.3 KB · Views: 204
eurotrader52 said:
BRCM very volatile and will take any profits into the close (usually divided into thirds) howevver, for a mere $1.15 RCQFG.X added the 35 call options so I can have about 1,000 shares for the price of a 1.15 stock. Now I do use a scanner intraday ESPECIALLY for the last hour of trading but I "plug" MY OWN STOCK PLAYS into this scanner (about 85% of the time) as opposed to scanning the entire universe of stocks. I do like "hot stocks" but NOT STOCKS THAT HAVE NEWS INTRADAY unless they happen to be on my own stocks.

There you go eruo

keep it up this is what we like to see...

everyone should try to contribute like this...

BRCM, PALM, AAPL HOV looking good other positions EXPD TIE (see chart @ entry)

EXPD picked up see chart below for EXPD. TIE 40 calls for June after morning upgrade target at least 40 Shorts holding just CVTX and SLB puts (SLB hedge in stock but neither position is spectacular which is reason for the buy in TIE)

Attachments

• EXPD.gif
    EXPD.gif
    15.3 KB · Views: 234
Done For The Day New York Was Fun Yesterday

(6:55 AM) Paltalk: Hi everyone. All room members are a dedicated group of professional daytraders. It does not matter what your level of expertise is since we are here to help you make a living everyday. We are scalpers for now looking to make a Days Pay. Good Luck Jerry
(8:24 AM) BarbaraT1: gold falling hard
(8:27 AM) dat-cat: GM
(8:28 AM) BarbaraT1: gold at low
(8:30 AM) BarbaraT1: Initial claims - 336K vs 320K consensus
(8:32 AM) fst415: initial reaction to ## +'ive
(8:33 AM) BarbaraT1: RMBS gap
(8:34 AM) BarbaraT1: futures still running
(8:34 AM) BarbaraT1: nice reversal in nq's .. but not seeing much in the stocks
(8:39 AM) koza2: gm ga
(8:56 AM) BarbaraT1: SNDK still in down mode
(9:00 AM) grizz_9: gm all
(9:00 AM) gjeinc100: top of am lad
(9:04 AM) grizz_9: gm
(9:04 AM) gjeinc100: gm
(9:04 AM) BSilvey: gm
(9:11 AM) grizz_9: any reason AKAM ran up in the last 15 min yesterday?
(9:17 AM) BarbaraT1: gold down over $21
(9:20 AM) cashmarket: gm
(9:21 AM) ferniee3: whoa
JerryO3434: gld etf to trade gold
(9:22 AM) cashmarket: S&P worst May in 22 years!
(9:22 AM) II VWAP II: jerryyyyyyyyyyyyyy
(9:22 AM) II VWAP II: iannnnnnnnnnnnnn
(9:22 AM) II VWAP II: roomiesssssssssssssssss
(9:22 AM) cashmarket: jcom had a 2-1 stock split
(9:22 AM) II VWAP II: MR VWA in da house lol
(9:22 AM) ian_h: hi guys
(9:22 AM) ian_h: a
(9:29 AM) grizz_9: aapl looks like it wants to move up but ?
JerryO3434: OVTI
(9:31 AM) BarbaraT1: SNDK resumes downtrend
JerryO3434: DELL STRONG AGAIN
(9:34 AM) BarbaraT1: SNDK 200 ema is 54.47
(9:36 AM) grizz_9: rimm wants up
JerryO3434: LONG DELL AT 25.50
(9:37 AM) fst415: oj, BRCM and AMD were given a plug by barrons yesterday
JerryO3434: SOLD DELL AT 25.63
(9:39 AM) emg3emg3: jer the stock of the future id DIS
(9:39 AM) emg3emg3: U MUST OWN
(9:39 AM) grizz_9: klac moving up
(9:39 AM) emg3emg3: AND NOT FOR .10
(9:39 AM) emg3emg3: Y
JerryO3434: 1275.50 woul pop the market
(9:42 AM) brownbear_1: crude lod 70.35 -.95
(9:42 AM) screenshot: GM ALL
(9:42 AM) harry120: sndk bull flag, hammer and bullish divergence
(9:43 AM) mplsrmt: rmbs hod
(9:43 AM) BarbaraT1: NYMEX halts copper futures trading as rice tumbles the maximum daily price limit (Reuters)
(9:44 AM) BarbaraT1: as price tumbles .. not rice
(9:45 AM) BarbaraT1: BIDU running again
(9:45 AM) screenshot: gee... rice not cheap enough lol
(9:46 AM) brownbear_1: nice call harry - sndk
JerryO3434: LONG BRCM AT 34.33 20 CENT STOPS
(9:46 AM) BarbaraT1: Es hod
JerryO3434: SOLD BRCM AT 34.43
(9:47 AM) fst415: QCOM very strong
(9:47 AM) screenshot: L ER 725.50
(9:47 AM) screenshot: OUT ER +.80
(9:49 AM) screenshot: out partial YMs from overnight 11202
(9:50 AM) harry120: y on dell took 10c
(9:50 AM) karin_60: good morning y'all
(9:51 AM) fst415: AKAM hod
(9:51 AM) screenshot: L ER 26.70
(9:51 AM) fst415: oj, but it took out yesterday's high
(9:52 AM) fst415: maybe today!
(9:54 AM) screenshot: add L ER 26.00
(9:55 AM) screenshot: L EUR 49
(9:56 AM) grizz_9: ya
(9:56 AM) II VWAP II: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=20125
(9:57 AM) koza2: brav
(9:57 AM) II VWAP II: mr VWAP has doneit again lol
(9:57 AM) II VWAP II: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=20124
JerryO3434: MRVL
(9:59 AM) stann8: news in 1 min
(10:00 AM) stann8: ism and construction spending
(10:00 AM) screenshot: OUT EUR+20
(10:01 AM) fst415: oj, this link gives you all the econ. data you need:
(10:01 AM) fst415: http://www.nasdaq.com/econoday/calendar/US/EN/New_York/year/2006/month/01/day/02/daily/index.html
(10:01 AM) Nastradeer1_1: 8:30 today, Initial Claims 336K vs 320K consensus
(10:01 AM) screenshot: l eur 70
(10:03 AM) fst415: watch AAPL
(10:03 AM) fst415: ripe for a pop
JerryO3434: LONG BRCM AT 34.36
JerryO3434: 20 CENT STOPS
(10:04 AM) grizz_9: long brcm or short?
(10:05 AM) grizz_9: sry
(10:05 AM) fst415: got our of AAPL too soon. now flying
JerryO3434: STOPPED BRCM FOR 20
(10:07 AM) II VWAP II: nice stop loss my man
(10:11 AM) koza2: ss rmbs .44
(10:12 AM) screenshot: OUT EUR +9
(10:13 AM) koza2: c rmbs .47
(10:13 AM) koza2: l rmbs.53
(10:14 AM) fst415: QCOM also
(10:14 AM) koza2: sold rmbs.63
(10:15 AM) koza2: l rmbs.60
(10:16 AM) koza2: s rmbs.78
(10:18 AM) screenshot: ADD L ER 25.80
(10:20 AM) koza2: ss rmbs.94
(10:21 AM) koza2: c .17
(10:22 AM) wvombaur: trade smaller lots
(10:24 AM) fst415: no love for SNDK these days
(10:26 AM) koza2: ss rmbs.88
(10:27 AM) screenshot: L EUR 79
(10:28 AM) stann8: oil out in 3 minutes
JerryO3434: eia
(10:30 AM) fst415: QCOM takeoff
(10:31 AM) BarbaraT1: crdue inventories rose 1.6M barrels vs. consensus of fall of 1.0 mln barrels
(10:31 AM) BarbaraT1: gasoline inventories rose 794K barrels
(10:31 AM) screenshot: OUT EUR +5
JerryO3434: LONG BRCM AT 34.15
(10:31 AM) BarbaraT1: vs. consensus of ruse of 1.4M
(10:31 AM) abcn1: l dell .34
(10:32 AM) koza2: c rmbs.27.03
(10:32 AM) kidcul: y
(10:32 AM) screenshot: ADD L YM 97
(10:33 AM) karin_60: long AMD 30.47
(10:35 AM) fst415: oj, i think AAPL is getting tech rebound
(10:36 AM) grizz_9: all i saw was some neg news on mot on sftwr for its "Q"
(10:36 AM) fst415: y
JerryO3434: LONG RMBS AT 27.08
(10:37 AM) screenshot: ym coil
(10:37 AM) screenshot: badabing COMING
(10:38 AM) screenshot: HEHEHHE
(10:38 AM) screenshot: 11210
JerryO3434: SOLD BRCM AT 34.28
JerryO3434: SOLD RMBS AT 27.19
(10:39 AM) screenshot: OUT ER +++ 728
(10:39 AM) screenshot: ym baby go go go
(10:40 AM) grizz_9: ya
(10:40 AM) abcn1: c dell .42
(10:41 AM) grizz_9: sndk could go
(10:42 AM) karin_60: .20 on AMD
(10:42 AM) screenshot: ym go go go
(10:42 AM) screenshot: i need 11250
(10:43 AM) fokjock: whats the target on appl Jerry?-is there one?
(10:43 AM) BarbaraT1: QCOM thru 46
(10:43 AM) BarbaraT1: AAPL hod
(10:43 AM) fst415: oj, uyou mean bagholders!
(10:44 AM) fst415: y
(10:44 AM) screenshot: ym badabing
(10:44 AM) stevefi: out
(10:45 AM) stevefi: yep
(10:45 AM) screenshot: need to take out 11225
(10:45 AM) BarbaraT1: back in a bit
(10:46 AM) filpa: hi Jerry just arrived 5 mins ago, unavoidably detained. I've obviously missed the action on AAPL but it seems to be a perfect example of what you have been telling us on the course Jerry !!
(10:46 AM) screenshot: L EUR 20
(10:47 AM) harry120: understood
(10:47 AM) fokjock: what courses do you do Jerry?
(10:48 AM) fokjock: ok
(10:48 AM) fokjock: yes
(10:48 AM) fokjock: ok
(10:48 AM) grizz_9: is aapl setting up for a short?
(10:50 AM) mrblue_7: Short YM 11215
(10:51 AM) screenshot: out eur +10
(10:51 AM) grizz_9: dt, cci dropping, vol down
(10:52 AM) mplsrmt: klac hod
(10:53 AM) grizz_9: there it goes
(10:53 AM) screenshot: ADD L YM 08
(10:53 AM) grizz_9: srt aapl 61.32
(10:54 AM) grizz_9: the 20 broke the 200 on aapl as well
(10:55 AM) grizz_9: ya
(10:55 AM) grizz_9: now i know what a Bass feels like on aapl srt
(10:56 AM) screenshot: ADD L ER 27.40
(10:56 AM) mplsrmt: nvda hod
(10:56 AM) koza2: l rmbs
(10:56 AM) koza2: .12
(10:57 AM) mplsrmt: rmbs holding
(10:57 AM) abcn1: s celg 41.90
(10:58 AM) fst415: SNDK may be forwing a base and ready to rebound
(10:58 AM) fst415: forming
(11:00 AM) mplsrmt: the bus
(11:01 AM) koza2: s rmbs27.30
(11:01 AM) MMags1999: gm
JerryO3434: AAPL---60.20 THE BTL---59.45 THE SST---I AM STILL LONG AAPL HERE AND WILL DOUBLE VERY SOON. IT'S SITTING ON THE 200 EMA DAILY IN A MAJOR FALLING WEDGE
(11:01 AM) fst415: there goes SNDK as a scalp
(11:02 AM) grobb3: rmbs still strong
(11:02 AM) fst415: seems to be waiting to move up. needs vol as you say
(11:03 AM) koza2: l rmbs.26
(11:03 AM) screenshot: S EUR 21
(11:03 AM) wvombaur: JERRY....WHAT DO YOU THINK OF USING CCI AS A DIVERGANCE INDICATOR...WHEN IT IS GOING DOWN AND PRICE IS STILL GOING UP.....STOCK GOOD SHORT OPPORTUNITY IF OBV MAKES BREAK DOWN IN BUY VOLUME?
(11:03 AM) abcn1: c celg 41.80
(11:04 AM) mrblue_7: out partial +10
(11:07 AM) koza2: s rmbs 27.18
(11:07 AM) abcn1: L hov 32.59
JerryO3434: long RMBS AT 27.24
(11:09 AM) screenshot: YM BABY GO GO
(11:10 AM) screenshot: need to take out 11225 with force
(11:10 AM) screenshot: putch pucth
JerryO3434: SOLD RMBS AT 27.37
(11:11 AM) screenshot: er baby
(11:11 AM) screenshot: thats a Ym leading indicator
JerryO3434: RMBS---25.70 THE BTL---24.90 THE SST---SEEMS A BIT TOO CHEAP TO ME AT THESE CURRENT PRICES WATCH FOR SOME BUYERS TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE SOON.
(11:12 AM) screenshot: er 729
(11:13 AM) screenshot: er 729.50
JerryO3434: JOYG BTL
(11:13 AM) screenshot: YM coil
(11:13 AM) screenshot: badabing
(11:13 AM) screenshot: 11250 11250 11250
(11:13 AM) screenshot: heheheh
(11:14 AM) screenshot: ER said so
(11:14 AM) mrblue_7: -10 at 225
(11:14 AM) screenshot: er 730
(11:17 AM) screenshot: get ready for a putch
(11:18 AM) screenshot: badabing
(11:20 AM) screenshot: eur dropping, bulls winning
(11:21 AM) screenshot: er 730.50
(11:21 AM) koza2: is support for rmbs 28.45
(11:22 AM) harry120: appl 2 stick puulback on a bull flag
(11:24 AM) harry120: today ok...hooray
(11:25 AM) harry120: ok
(11:25 AM) screenshot: er 730 one mo time
(11:31 AM) fokjock: yes
(11:31 AM) stevefi: yep
(11:32 AM) screenshot: ym baby go go go
(11:34 AM) brownbear_1: july crude 71.50 +.20
(11:36 AM) MMags1999: Jer: I wasnt logged on here but I went long AAPL at 60.35 and made a good buck out of it
(11:37 AM) MMags1999: I should have kept a couple hundred shares with a trailing stop cause the last time this happend in March it ran to 72.... but I must admit..in this enviroment I feel better in cash after a trade.
(11:42 AM) harry120: rmbs hod
(11:45 AM) harry120: if the futs go maybe another 50c plus
(11:48 AM) filpa: yes jerry. Intriguing.
(11:49 AM) filpa: Yes
(11:49 AM) mplsrmt: rimm positive
(11:52 AM) cashmarket: mrvl
(11:52 AM) cashmarket: hod
(11:52 AM) fokjock: whats the code for qualcomm
JerryO3434: qcom
(11:53 AM) fokjock: anybody
(11:53 AM) fokjock: ta Jerry
JerryO3434: [email protected]
(11:54 AM) fst415: LRCX too.
(11:54 AM) filpa: Jerry I do not have the paperwork
(11:54 AM) raynewman: yep jerry, nearly finnished just got one form to do
(11:55 AM) raynewman: ok np
(11:57 AM) harry120: ok time for some lunch
JerryO3434: i am going to lunch
JerryO3434: THE MIC IS OPEN IF YOU KNOW HOW TO CALL THE FUTYES DO IT
JerryO3434: AND EVERYONE PLEASE USE THE MIC
(12:58 PM) stevefi: akam is moving up again anybocy else sittin on it?
(12:59 PM) Nastradeer1_1: Steve watch the vol on AKAM, it's < 4K/Min & would be difficult to trade w/1.0K or more - imo
(1:00 PM) stevefi: yes I got in earlier just about back to even then I am out of it gone in way to high
(1:27 PM) screenshot: ER baby go go go
(1:28 PM) screenshot: YM baby badabing
(1:29 PM) screenshot: looking for ER 731
(1:29 PM) screenshot: hey barb, di you see last night @ 4.08 what happened?
(1:29 PM) screenshot: my number did hit LOL
(1:29 PM) BarbaraT1: no
(1:30 PM) BarbaraT1: I went out ...
(1:30 PM) screenshot: well as you remember i was LONG ER and looking for 723
(1:30 PM) BarbaraT1: that's nice ..
(1:30 PM) screenshot: well, it stopped @ 723.20 lol
(1:31 PM) BarbaraT1: nice to see AAPL up
(1:31 PM) screenshot: closed some of the YMs this am ++
(1:31 PM) BarbaraT1: RMBS going nuts
(1:31 PM) screenshot: yhoo need 32 badly
(1:32 PM) Nastradeer1_1: RMBS mov'n again
(1:33 PM) screenshot: market waiting for numbers in am
(1:35 PM) BarbaraT1: gold closed off 15.20
(1:36 PM) BarbaraT1: is Mr. Blue in the house?
(1:40 PM) mrblue_7: I'm here
(1:40 PM) Nastradeer1_1: RMBS unreal, still mov'n up
(1:40 PM) screenshot: ER coiling
(1:40 PM) Nastradeer1_1: HOD RMBS
(1:40 PM) cashmarket: is their new for rmbs or is this a deac cat bounce???
(1:40 PM) cashmarket: dead
(1:41 PM) BarbaraT1: k - didn't see your posts .. was up all night ended up going to sleep for a couple hours
(1:41 PM) stann8: barb what charting platform do you use
(1:42 PM) Nastradeer1_1: y, news PM today Cash, but it's getting extended a bit - RMBS
(1:42 PM) screenshot: er baby badabing
(1:43 PM) cashmarket: sounds like a planted story...no facts just fiction ;O)
(1:43 PM) screenshot: ym coiling too
(1:43 PM) BarbaraT1: Mr. Blue - you in the YM's?
(1:43 PM) mrblue_7: no, flat.
(1:44 PM) Nastradeer1_1: 6/1/06, 8:18 RMBS On The Wires : @Road (ARDI) announces that the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office has recently issued the co two new patents covering innovative MRM technology and services... Rambus (RMBS) announces that it has been granted its 500th patent from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and foreign patent offices.
(1:44 PM) BarbaraT1: ty
(1:44 PM) cashmarket: ah ha!
(1:44 PM) mrblue_7: Want to get Long, upside break coming I think
(1:44 PM) Nastradeer1_1: theres a bit more
(1:44 PM) BarbaraT1: k
(1:44 PM) Nastradeer1_1: RMBS Emails emerge in memory-chip antitrust case - WSJ (16.56 ) : The Wall Street Journal reports newly released emails from Micron Technology (MU) and Hynix Semiconductor provide some of the first details of a global conspiracy to raise prices on memory chips and could support allegations by Rambus (RMBS) in a closely watched antitrust case.
(1:44 PM) Nastradeer1_1: 8:18 this am also RMBS
(1:45 PM) screenshot: 730 baby
(1:46 PM) BarbaraT1: Nastra - please add me to your pal list
(1:47 PM) Nastradeer1_1: Barb done
(1:48 PM) BarbaraT1: BIDU still running strong
(1:48 PM) BarbaraT1: SNDK weak
(1:49 PM) BarbaraT1: GM - weak -- total sales decreased by 16% vs. 11% expectation
(1:50 PM) BarbaraT1: 15.7% to be exact
(1:50 PM) screenshot: oh gee
(1:50 PM) screenshot: there goes YM
(1:52 PM) BarbaraT1: CSCO holding up at highs
(1:57 PM) cashmarket: rmbs one high flyin cat...lol
(1:58 PM) mrblue_7: Long YM 224
(1:58 PM) BarbaraT1: nice entry
(1:58 PM) MMags1999: out qcom 46.24
(1:59 PM) mrblue_7: 250 would be nice...
(1:59 PM) BarbaraT1: I'm sure
(1:59 PM) screenshot: and away we go
(2:00 PM) BarbaraT1: OPEC -- decision made to keep quota at 28M bopd
(2:00 PM) screenshot: er coil
(2:01 PM) screenshot: go baby go
(2:02 PM) fst415: watch AKAM for move up
(2:02 PM) cravada: cashmarket,,, todays RMBS news , topped by the emails story ...perfect time for shorts to exit for a spell, ESP after this huge multi week dump.
(2:02 PM) cravada: no?;--)
(2:03 PM) cashmarket: twoo
(2:03 PM) cashmarket: they will be back ;O)
(2:03 PM) cashmarket: IF their is a proven conspiracy cant be good for tech
(2:04 PM) abcn1: L rmbs 28.33
(2:05 PM) kb123: bidu
(2:07 PM) mrblue_7: 10 point stop
(2:08 PM) mrblue_7: stop set at 11214
(2:08 PM) BarbaraT1: ty ---
(2:11 PM) mrblue_7: out
(2:11 PM) BarbaraT1: sorry
(2:12 PM) abcn1: Cl rmbs 28.13 -20
(2:13 PM) mrblue_7: like to get long again, but got to nip out for 20 mins...
(2:14 PM) BarbaraT1: k
(2:15 PM) fst415: BRCM poised to break out
(2:15 PM) cashmarket: brcm running
(2:16 PM) screenshot: ADD L YM 20
(2:16 PM) grizz_9: hey
(2:16 PM) mplsrmt: brcm qcom
(2:16 PM) BarbaraT1: futures heading to -100 on 3 min ... taking out -100 to the upside
(2:17 PM) george1204: y
(2:17 PM) mr moto_1: yy
(2:17 PM) screenshot: yoo hoo
(2:17 PM) abcn1: I must be the only person who went into rmbs and lost today
(2:17 PM) BarbaraT1: did you short?
(2:17 PM) mplsrmt: mrvl hod
(2:18 PM) BarbaraT1: oils heading back down
(2:18 PM) BarbaraT1: CSCO hod
(2:18 PM) BarbaraT1: SMH hod
(2:18 PM) fst415: yes sir!
(2:18 PM) screenshot: ym baby go go
(2:18 PM) mplsrmt: nvda hod
(2:18 PM) BarbaraT1: BIDU ... exploding up
(2:18 PM) screenshot: heheheh
(2:19 PM) screenshot: been calling it all day lol
(2:19 PM) fst415: mkt waking up now
(2:19 PM) BarbaraT1: jerry's back
(2:19 PM) BarbaraT1: RFMD hod
(2:19 PM) screenshot: er coil
(2:19 PM) fst415: oj, i talked about BRCM 5-min ago. go check!
(2:20 PM) screenshot: and here we gooooooooooooo
(2:20 PM) BarbaraT1: at least today semis and nasdaq participating .. so far
(2:20 PM) fst415: QCOM also strong
(2:20 PM) BarbaraT1: QCOM been oversold .. SNDK getting oversold
(2:20 PM) kb123: BIDU HOD
(2:20 PM) fst415: see QCOM now run
(2:21 PM) BarbaraT1: LCRX pushing to hod
(2:21 PM) BarbaraT1: MRVL hod
(2:21 PM) BarbaraT1: QCOM hod
(2:21 PM) BarbaraT1: GLW hi
(2:21 PM) BarbaraT1: HPQ reversing
JerryO3434: LONG MRVL AT 48.50
(2:21 PM) BarbaraT1: BIDU still going
(2:22 PM) screenshot: go baby go
(2:23 PM) BarbaraT1: NVDA hdo
(2:24 PM) cravada: RIMM and RMBS jerr, only 20 pts off recent highs...ya think that's enough;--)
(2:24 PM) cravada: only the greediest of shorts would be hanging in there...(or ones who know something we don't know)
(2:24 PM) mplsrmt: sndk lod
(2:25 PM) BarbaraT1: SNDK still dropping
(2:25 PM) mplsrmt: pain in there
(2:27 PM) screenshot: here we go YM coil
(2:27 PM) BarbaraT1: Merrill making cautious comments on SLAB
(2:27 PM) mrblue_7: back
(2:27 PM) BarbaraT1: they think that the MOT purchase could be a negative
(2:28 PM) BarbaraT1: BIDU ... up now 4.43 and still going
JerryO3434: SOLD MRVL AT 47.63
(2:29 PM) mrblue_7: and obviously should've stayed long.
(2:29 PM) BarbaraT1: happened as soon as jerry came back -- the very second
JerryO3434: LONG RIMM AT 65.63
(2:30 PM) BarbaraT1: GLW hod
JerryO3434: LONG RMBS AT 28.34
(2:31 PM) BarbaraT1: TZOO at hi
(2:31 PM) screenshot: GO ER BABY
JerryO3434: CELG
JerryO3434: SOLD RIMM AT 65.73-74
(2:34 PM) abcn1: nvda L 24.04
(2:34 PM) fst415: watch YHOO for move up
(2:35 PM) screenshot: YM BABY 11250, 11250 11250
(2:35 PM) screenshot: OUT PARTIAL ER 731 +++
(2:36 PM) BarbaraT1: AAPL at hod
(2:36 PM) fst415: YHOOOOO!
(2:36 PM) screenshot: ONE MO TIME
(2:37 PM) BarbaraT1: and BIDU still running
JerryO3434: SOLD AAPL AT 62.05 ALL POSTIONS
JerryO3434: FROM 61.90
(2:39 PM) abcn1: Cl nvda 24.08 too soon
(2:39 PM) abcn1: ok
(2:40 PM) harry120: yes good
(2:40 PM) BarbaraT1: GLW hod
(2:41 PM) screenshot: WAITING FOR MY EXIT
(2:41 PM) mplsrmt: brcm
(2:42 PM) screenshot: HERE COMES ER
(2:43 PM) BarbaraT1: BIDU up almost 5
(2:43 PM) screenshot: BADABING
(2:45 PM) abcn1: L celg 42.43
(2:47 PM) screenshot: ER BABY
(2:47 PM) screenshot: 731.50
(2:48 PM) screenshot: LOVELY DAY LOL
(2:49 PM) abcn1: Cl celg 42.48
(2:49 PM) screenshot: OUT PARTIAL ER 732 ++
(2:49 PM) screenshot: MORE TO GO
(2:52 PM) screenshot: HEHEH HER COME THE JUSGE
(2:52 PM) screenshot: JUDGE
(2:52 PM) BarbaraT1: EMC hod
(2:52 PM) BarbaraT1: GM reversed up
(2:53 PM) BarbaraT1: IBM downgraded to hold at Canaccord
JerryO3434: LONG AAPL AT 62.10
(2:56 PM) BarbaraT1: RFMD hod
(2:56 PM) fst415: y
(2:56 PM) abcn1: l aapl 62.14
(2:57 PM) rooste63: Hello Jerry....this is Mark
JerryO3434: IAN
(2:58 PM) rooste63: GOOD
(2:59 PM) ian_h: hi Jerry
(2:59 PM) abcn1: cl aapl 62.05
(2:59 PM) ian_h: just been cutting the grass
(2:59 PM) ian_h: rooster 63
(2:59 PM) ian_h: while the weather is good
(2:59 PM) ian_h: ok
(3:00 PM) rooste63: hello Ian
JerryO3434: SOLD RMBS AT 28.46
JerryO3434: SOLD AAPL AT 62.00 OOST 10 CENTS
JerryO3434: FLAT HERE
(3:06 PM) wwwalker: jerry i took .07 on 5k of msft today
(3:07 PM) wwwalker: y
(3:07 PM) wwwalker: i like it now
(3:07 PM) wwwalker: jerry did i call the ma
JerryO3434: long rmbs here at 28.71
(3:11 PM) mplsrmt: brcm
(3:12 PM) screenshot: L ER 32.10
(3:14 PM) harry120: y
(3:15 PM) abcn1: yeh
(3:15 PM) harry120: yhx better
(3:16 PM) kidcul: 15:15 AP reports that major powers reach deal on incentives package for Iran to halt nuclear drive, according to Sky TV - Reuters
(3:16 PM) Nastradeer1_1: that news is only one sided tho
(3:16 PM) Nastradeer1_1: ok
(3:16 PM) Nastradeer1_1: lol
(3:17 PM) screenshot: iran will reject lol
(3:17 PM) Nastradeer1_1: yup
JerryO3434: long mrvl at 49.02
JerryO3434: 290 cents stops
(3:18 PM) screenshot: out ER +. 50
JerryO3434: 20 CENT STOPS MRVL
(3:18 PM) screenshot: ER wow strong
(3:19 PM) BarbaraT1: OVTI hod
(3:19 PM) fst415: APL bounced off the 20 EMA
(3:19 PM) fst415: AAPL
(3:20 PM) Nastradeer1_1: Jer, you're a cat with 9 lives (master trader)- lol
JerryO3434: SOLD MRVL AT 49.12
(3:20 PM) bocarat: out rmbs .82
JerryO3434: SOLD RMBS AT 28.84
(3:21 PM) BarbaraT1: RIMM going to hod
(3:21 PM) BarbaraT1: GM reports bad earnings and a couple cents from hod
(3:21 PM) BarbaraT1: BLue - you here? you in?
(3:21 PM) screenshot: OUT YM 11250 +++
(3:22 PM) mrblue_7: What does "old ladies on the street" mean?
(3:22 PM) screenshot: WOWOWOWO LOTS OF PATIENCE
(3:22 PM) BarbaraT1: OVTI hod
(3:22 PM) BarbaraT1: Blue - did you get long?
(3:22 PM) BarbaraT1: BRCM hod
(3:22 PM) BarbaraT1: AKAM going
(3:22 PM) screenshot: ER UNREAL
(3:22 PM) harry120: I am done for the day
(3:23 PM) BarbaraT1: GLW heading for 25
(3:23 PM) BarbaraT1: RIMM hod
(3:24 PM) cravada: zactly Jerr, shorts are a factor now that the mkt has stopped working for them
(3:24 PM) screenshot: 735
(3:24 PM) gjeinc100: jer super trading, wtg
(3:24 PM) BSilvey: the NY Tick went to over 1400 - highest I have seen in a while
(3:24 PM) BarbaraT1: NOK hod
(3:25 PM) screenshot: WHAT A DAY LOLOLOL
(3:25 PM) mplsrmt: rimm blasting too
(3:25 PM) screenshot: JUST SIT AND WAIT FOR XMAS DAY
(3:26 PM) abcn1: thats me thanks Jerry
(3:29 PM) BarbaraT1: AAPL hod
(3:30 PM) BarbaraT1: QCOM hod
(3:30 PM) BarbaraT1: AKAM pushing to hi
(3:30 PM) screenshot: NUMBERS MUST BE GOOD LOL
(3:31 PM) screenshot: WE COULD KEEP RAMPING TOMORROW
(3:31 PM) BarbaraT1: BIDU wants new hod
(3:31 PM) screenshot: WELL, GOOD FOR MARRKET, BAD FOR THOSE GUYS LOOKING OFR A JOB
(3:31 PM) screenshot: NOT ME
(3:32 PM) screenshot: LOL
(3:32 PM) BarbaraT1: I remember when market went up when #'s were good
(3:32 PM) screenshot: 11250 IS CHISELED IN STONE
JerryO3434: 3.30 REVERSAL FUTS LOOKING GOOD
(3:33 PM) BarbaraT1: BIDU takes out 93
(3:33 PM) BarbaraT1: 83
(3:34 PM) cashmarket: sndk
(3:36 PM) rooste63: Jerry..still waiting for Ian....
(3:37 PM) BarbaraT1: QCOM hod
(3:37 PM) rooste63: ok
(3:37 PM) ian_h: sent you pm's rooste but you didnt answer me
(3:37 PM) BarbaraT1: EMC hod 13
(3:37 PM) ian_h: thought you gone to sleep
(3:38 PM) rooste63: i am listening & enjoying it
JerryO3434: I AM FLAT NO MORE TRADES FOR ME
(3:38 PM) Nastradeer1_1: RMBS up + 13.5 %, AAPL up + 3.8 %, MRVL up + 3.4 %, NAS Up + 1.45%, S&P up + 1.03 %, DJI Up + 0.71 %, all from 9:30 Open
(3:38 PM) Nastradeer1_1: big green day ++