Trading NASDAQ stocks with Jerry Olson & Ian Hodgson

charts for tomorrow

I would suggest that all traders that can read the charts the indexes, just please look at what is happening...

look at the Daily Candlestick charts, and you'll see the potential for a solid backside bounce up and into overhead R areas.

the first move off these lows should be tested at the falling 20 ema's. We always expect "sellers" there first.

we can always re test the lows as well and probably will. The next best move off any test is a breakout off the 20 ema's.

What i am seeing on P&F is a huge thrust downward in a fast and furious sell out, and that should brijng all indicators into a very bullish set up ahead of the all important FOMC meeting on June 28th.

make no mistake about this event. It's the speed of the correction that will make this snap back rubber band effect move much higher than the street is even thinking about.

We all now know that the FED will never change their statement any more. All they will do is either raise rates or stand pat. That statement is exactly what they want the street to understand, They will be vigilent on inflation at all costs. So why change what they have already conveyed to the street.

Trust me they will not. The $64,000 buck question is when we get there late June, will they or won't they. The eco reports coming in each week will rock and roll these market sto the core.

it is our job, actually everyones job to scalp trade and be in cash each evening for the next 30 days.

best of luck to us all........................... :D

3 Day Rally? Nice!

We can for the most part assume we have made a near term bottom.

We probably will do a re test of those lows next week or so.

but i think it's an important bottom till it's broken...

set alerts at the lows of this week on all indexs and futures...

hope you';re all doing well

have a great restfull 3 day weekend all

best to you and yours

jerry

Hi All
Well i have just arrived home to Sweden after spending a day with Grey1.
Although I think Blue Chip Trader has said much of what i wanted to say. (below)
I would just like to add what a generous and stand up guy Iraj is, i mean who else would invite total strangers to their home and give them 10hrs of no bull **** talk about trading and feed them at absolutely no cost, not to mention the fact that it was impossible for him to earn is usual daily bread with us around him.This was a first for me anyway and it would be nice to see more people doing the same although in this greedy world of trading i wont hold my breath.
Take it from me Iraj is a consitantly profitable trader who is at the top of his field and a great guy to boot. Thanks Iraj.

BlueChip Trader said:
Hi everyone. Forget the DaVinci Code and crack Iraj’s “Mighty VWAP Engine” code and build yourself a successful trading business.

On Tuesday, I had a phenomenal day with Grey1. I am very grateful to Iraj for his very warm and gracious welcome and for allowing me to share his trading room live and trade with his real money! We discussed strategies, RISK, POSITION SIZING, TRADE AND MONEY MANAGEMENT techniques.

The mighty VWAP engine is truly awesome. The multi-timeframe alert with dynamically adjusted position sizing allows control of risk and maximise gains with appropriate level of volatility. His MACCI trend exhaustion and VWAP engines make a formidable trading tool. Throughout the day he emphasised the importance of proper RISK and POSITION SIZING with several “what if” scenarios. I found this really helpful as I believe the risk of ruin is all too real for traders the longer they stay exposed to the market.

The combination of these two engines means that it’s not essential to use level II or know where the market is. More importantly it takes away in my view about 90% of trader psychology/emotion which is the cause of ruin for most traders.

The system produced several excellent signals though we did not trade all of them either because the exhaustion engine did not quite confer or we were busy chit chatting and missed the signal or we were too busy watching pigeons instead of the market. Pigeons are the other passion of Iraj’s life!

Ten hours went by so quickly. We had such good fun, lots of laughs and yes, quite a few $$$ too!

Iraj many thanks indeed for the awesome experience and best wishes for the future.

fibbo said:
Hi All
Although I think Blue Chip Trader has said much of what i wanted to say. (below)
I would just like to add what a generous and stand up guy Iraj is, i mean who else would invite total strangers to their home and give them 10hrs of no bull **** talk about trading and feed them at absolutely no cost, not to mention the fact that it was impossible for him to earn is usual daily bread with us around him.
If I knew where the queue was, I'd join it.

fibbo said:
This was a first for me anyway and it would be nice to see more people doing the same although in this greedy world of trading i wont hold my breath.
Fibbo, it does happen a lot more than you might imagine. I've benefitted enormously from visiting with other traders when I first joined this site who freely gave of their time to me. I've luckily been able to find time to repay their kindness indirectly by continuing the tradition myself with others. It's not just Good karma - I also get a lot out of the interchange and exchange of ideas and discussion myself. It's simply a commonsense good thing to do.

fibbo said:
Take it from me Iraj is ... a great guy to boot.
Turned a bit nasty did it then :eek: ?

Hi Bramble
Maybe me living in Sweden has not helped me meeting other traders who are willing to freely share their time and expertise but i am glad to hear there are more of them out there and like yourself in time i also hope to be able to give back somtething too.
what comes around goes around.

Turned a bit nasty did it then :eek: ?[/QUOTE] ... ive still got headache :cheesy:

fibbo said:
Hi All
I would just like to add what a generous and stand up guy Iraj is, i mean who else would invite total strangers to their home and give them 10hrs of no bull **** talk about trading and feed them at absolutely no cost, not to mention the fact that it was impossible for him to earn is usual daily bread with us around him.This was a first for me anyway and it would be nice to see more people doing the same although in this greedy world of trading i wont hold my breath.
Take it from me Iraj is a consitantly profitable trader who is at the top of his field and a great guy to boot. Thanks Iraj.

My man Fibbo

Although we only made around $340 on the day but the pleasure of having two pro traders was immense. I noticed that both of you have been trading for many years and it was a pleasure to radically change your trading style to risk based trading approach .

As i told you on the day there was no chance I could lose the day how ever it was possible i could lose a trade or two and all that due to correct risk and money management.

Trading is a business. A trader should dominate and bully the market and not the other way round because once a trader gets bullied that is the end of his trading business . At this stage many have chosen to become a coach or some have even left the trading for ever.

It was a great pleasure to demonstrate to yourself that I did not need L2 and market direction while i was trading and the result was still a positive day .

Hope to see you again and soon .

Grey1

Last edited:
Grey1 said:
A trader should dominate and bully the market and not the other way round because once a trader gets bullied that is the end of his trading business .

Grey1

So if I shake my fists and shout and swear at the market I will make lots of money!
:D

Grey1 said:
My man Fibbo

Although we only made around $340 on the day but the pleasure of having two pro traders was immense.

lol. my god, hehe he, do we need to enter card details to view this :LOL:

"I'd certainly buy that for a dollar, Again"

hmm this sites gonna need over 18 disclosures soon.......

Fair play Grey1..

on a serious note, the bullying phrase of the market has quite rightly rung alarm bells, maybe it was a bad choice of phrase to use, but needs to be clarified.

mr.marcus said:
....the market is a force which will not be contained by anyone....certainly not bullied....thinking in these terms is amateur speak.....can i play king kunate(wait up....i think he played for spurs) and summon bigger waves at will if i was a surfer.....and likewise can i bully the market....i wonder if the persons who believe they can bully markets have ever blown their accounts?....i would think there prime candidates for many spankings .....all you can aim towards is enough skill and knowledge to ride the waves for what they are....the market is to be respected....it'll wil never have a master .
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mr.marcus again.

fxmarkets said:
lol. my god, hehe he, do we need to enter card details to view this :LOL:

"I'd certainly buy that for a dollar, Again"

hmm this sites gonna need over 18 disclosures soon.......

Fair play Grey1..

Vulcan Wonder!

Your Galactic sense of humour is much needed on these boards. Heaven help people who disappear into their own black holes!

I'm in two minds about Mr. Grey. Is he a dark shade or a light shade? Time will tell. Also is there a Grey2 I wonder? No offence meant atall Grey. We live in a state of negative entropy that's all.

BTW Spocco have you been here?
http://www.allscifi.com/aridor/Iboard.asp?celebrity=Mr. Spock&msg=10699

rols said:
Vulcan Wonder!

Your Galactic sense of humour is much needed on these boards. Heaven help people who disappear into their own black holes!

I'm in two minds about Mr. Grey. Is he a dark shade or a light shade? Time will tell. Also is there a Grey2 I wonder? No offence meant atall Grey. We live in a state of negative entropy that's all.

BTW Spocco have you been here?
http://www.allscifi.com/aridor/Iboard.asp?celebrity=Mr. Spock&msg=10699

cheers rols,* kin funny site, i think my association with spok ,mr. is probably due to the early childhood memories of me gran cutting my fringe in a likewise stylie, you know just before, as a 6 year old, you are off for a day out ... savage.

fx.

Last edited:
mr.marcus said:
....the market is a force which will not be contained by anyone....certainly not bullied....thinking in these terms is amateur speak.....can i play king kunate(wait up....i think he played for spurs) and summon bigger waves at will if i was a surfer.....and likewise can i bully the market....i wonder if the persons who believe they can bully markets have ever blown their accounts?....i would think there prime candidates for many spankings .....all you can aim towards is enough skill and knowledge to ride the waves for what they are....the market is to be respected....it'll wil never have a master .

....ps....socrates come back man....i know your long winded sometimes :LOL: ;) ...but at least you GOT the whole head deal.
I expect you're the richest man on the planet. By the way, try Canute rather than kunate. An understandable slip I'm sure and its always great to encounter those at the upper end of the Mensa qualifiers.

LevII said:
I expect you're the richest man on the planet. By the way, try Canute rather than kunate. An understandable slip I'm sure and its always great to encounter those at the upper end of the Mensa qualifiers.

Actually Levll, mr marcus posted contrary to your reply....he said no man has all the answers....that was the entire point and he pointed out the fact he had the wrong spelling anyway!

yeah come on levll, even Joe Ross was kind enough to point out some time back that he didnt begin to make progress until he recognised/ that he needed to and became completely "submissive" to the market , its nothing against Grey1 as a person but to suggest a trader goes out with the mindset of bullying the market is asking for a very big you know what.

best we can/should do is to learn to read it ,position with it .

@ best maybe grey1 means press your advantage with low volatility conditions, but its very ambigious for me reading that from bully the market.

Fx.

Risk and reward

I thought to start a quiz for our traders ?

IF I SAY THIS TRADE IS TOO RISKY WHAT DO I MEAN ?

I await your contributions ?

grey1

Grey1 said:
Risk and reward

I thought to start a quiz for our traders ?

IF I SAY THIS TRADE IS TOO RISKY WHAT DO I MEAN ?

I await your contributions ?

grey1

VWAP engine needs an oil change?