Trading NASDAQ from the UK

alientrade

hi guys,
i have a question for all the british traders who are scalping the U.S. equity exchanges. I was wondering what kind of internet connection you guys use, which ISP and how reliable is it?
a lil bit about myself, i am currently a US based equity trader working for a firm who is looking to strike it out on my own and move to London in the coming months. I am basically a scalper who trades NASDAQ stocks of about 200-400k in volume, thus, speed and getting the prints i want is pretty essential to me. I was told that a private leased line from London to NYC is my best option, but i was wondering if this is too much of an overkill? If anyone have had any good/bad experiences using leased lines or any kind of internet connection to scalp the NASDAQ or NYSE, please do let me know.
The only time i tried trading outside the US, was from Hong Kong using a cable connection and the speed was horrible, not to mention the lack of sleep.

thanks guys

I use a 2MB cable connection from a company called NTL and it has never let me down in nearly 5 years. That said I do know of others who use NTL in different parts of the UK and they have had ongoing problems. It has a lot to do with your location in my view.

Paul

Paul, thanks for the response. If i may just ask, which broker are u using and what style is your trading?