Trading FOREX on a Macintosh

oanda.com

if you buy vmware fusion or parallels and install xp you can use anything

Interactive brokers use a Java platform.

Paul

Oh ouch, more Greek! :p
Sorry, I am pretty much right at the beginning. What's an interactive broker, and what's a Java platform? (Does Mac do it, or do I need parallels or the other for that?)
Shannon

Java is a runtime environment, will work on both PC and Mac.

Virtual PC is very much yesterday's news, but Fusion and Parallels only work with the newer intel based macs. You can run both windows and os x apps with little or no slowdown - this is how my computer is running all day every day...

Hi dawnwhistler,
You can also get `wine` on the mac, which allows running of windows software. Its free, I use it on linux to run Metatrader and it works great.
Regards.

Thanks all of you, this is all helpful (tho I've still got a lot of reading to do, sigh).
Can I ask what experiences you've (any and all) had with specific brokers? Reading on-line reviews, almost all of them have *some* negative reviews, and some of the ones on my "recommended" list have really terrible reviews. Interactive Brokers has some bad ones, also Forex.com and Oanda, tho Oanda's looked like the best of this bunch. (But I need to pick a second one too.) I would much appreciate any feedback--and again thank you so much!

i use this setup, i have parallels running xp . the system charts faster than other laptops i have used running just xp. the best part is you can create snapshots and if you lose your xp machine you simple revert to a working snapshot in a couple of minutes.

i love this setup.. try it

Thanx for info! bthw Parralels not a good choice last couple days it doesnt want to work at all