Trading Forex in the United States

Hi Traders! This is my first post here at Trade2Win. I'm not exactly new to trading, but i'm restarting my journey after a 2 year hiatus, this was largely due to having blown up 4 bitcoin margin trading on the infamous crypto exchange Bitmex, back in 2018. I don't intend to repeat the same mistakes, obviously, and have plans to work out my expectancy/win rate... as well as compile all of my trades and review them regularly to ensure that an edge is present.

I've been following a forex trader who teaches levels trading and his particular market is forex. Though I'm relatively certain the strategies would work in other markets, I thought it best to start in currencies. My one concern is that my mentor lives in the UK, so he's accustomed to London volumes/trading times...

My question is, do any of you think that it would be harder to form an edge trading forex when there's less volume than London, and living in the United States? I could technically trade the London Open, but I'm currently working a regular job 3, 12 hour shifts Saturday through Monday, 6am-6pm, so the New York open is especially beneficial to my schedule, as well as the Forex Market in general.

Also, if any of you could recommend an exchange I would appreciate it! Right now I'm leaning towards Oanda since they have no account size requirements. I'm currently using Trading view Pro for all of my charting.

Cheers 😎

Last edited: