Trading forex from China

mkowen

I'm an Australian citizen with Chinese residency (been here two years and will be so for at least another two). I'm looking to open an account with an online forex broker. Any tips on where this broker should be based to minimize/dissolve any prospective tax issues? (i.e. having to pay any!)

been an aussie OS myself, I set up Offshore and operate my trading from Offshore. I also use Interactive Brokers and MF Global to trade through, This is all quiet easy to setup.

It's always best to see a good accountant to setup your OffShore affairs.

I have been told not to have to much tied up on the mainland as it can be hard to get it out.

Since you are in China, it's better to check with the local authorities about the regulations on trading.

I'm an Australian citizen with Chinese residency (been here two years and will be so for at least another two). I'm looking to open an account with an online forex broker. Any tips on where this broker should be based to minimize/dissolve any prospective tax issues? (i.e. having to pay any!)

I think paying tax will be the last of your worries. Focus on how you're gonna become profitable first - that takes up enough time.

GTTY