Trading Firms Salary

Unreal

Hi,

Do most trading firms pay you a salary if you get a job with them? Is it performance based most of them do you have to earn your job after trading demo for 6-12 months before they let you trade the firms money?

First New York Securities and Trillium are the only two firms that pay a base salary (usually around $25,000 for Trillium and $50,000 for FNYS), that too for the first year only. After that, it is pure profit sharing.

Interesting I hear that most traders who have a solid trading record refuse salaries and ask for profit and the profits make the salary look peanuts what's your view?

Thing is 1 year you could have a low profit amount but next year double or triple a salary?

Some people may just want the experience of being there and using the systems and strategies they use and trade on their own accounts after a while or use it in combination of a salary plus their own accounts trading profit.

I went on an interview for Cheatam Trading. I told the interviewer I wanted a $100,000 salary. He asked If I can get an account to $100,000 from trading. I said, sure, start me off with $1 million and give me a few days.

So...I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

Peter