Trading Euro Vs Dollar

WHALE

Anyone traded in this market right now?
Just trippled my money today after trade deficit figures came out, what an explosion! Anyone else made a killing ?

Whale, hope you are ready for the day you lose 2/3rds of your pot when things go the wrong way. Be careful out there.

Neil

The euro was 1.23 74/76 before the figures and had been pretty steady for the previous hour or so. If you got out at the very top you could have hit a 1.2420 bid for a gain of 44 pips. If that means you tripled your money then a 22pip loss would have wiped you out at best. In all probability 10-15 pips is all that would have been needed as I doubt you made the full 44 pips.

I know every great trader is meant to have gone bust at least once but think you should exercise a bit more caution.

The Whale guy is a joker and that was his first post...

He probably bet £1 per pip, made 3 pips and thinks he's tripled his money...

JonnyT

load your powder up a half hour before the lottery closes on the 1st Friday of every month at 1.30pm if you want to see a 'proper' explosion' :cheesy:

talking of which - the next potential firework display occurs on Fri 5th Nov if I'm not mistaken :devilish:

Good luck for you.
However, if you want to make money consistantly it might be wise to review your strategy...

t'would be wise indeed....stepping up to the plate pre-news is a pretty darned quick way to the poor house, as many have found to their cost :(

better to let the hustle & bustle blow itself out, and pick off the moves late p.m/into the close (as they frequently set up) ;)

to further emphasise the 'wait till it blows out' scenario, 2 recent examples (NFP of the 8th & yesterdays multi 1.30 - 3.00 news releases ). Given the shenanigans of close pre-post news entries, and the trap laden spikes which tip traders out at every opportunity.......there are often plenty of opportunities to pick far safer entries after these events as price either tops or bottoms out on & around key (round) numbers, allowing safer trade management & tighter entry options.

Attachments

• oct49.png
    oct49.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 356
  • oct78.png
    oct78.png
    16 KB · Views: 331
Euro breakout system feeling a bit lacklustre?

Here's hoping the ATRs return to their natural habital in the central three quintiles (?)

The big daily triangle break mentioned by GotGold may be the catalyst.

Whatever, the higher the better :cheesy:

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    222.8 KB · Views: 384
Last edited: