Trading Economics

for those of you interested i have found a way to create dashboards of economic indicators. Go to http://ieconomics.com and create an account (its totally free)

Click on indicators and then clear all the ones visible and start adding your indicators. When you are happy you can click on the share button at the bottom of the page and this will give you a uri. You can then simply save that in a favourites folder

here is an example of Europe inflation (top 5 economies [excluding uk] and a Euro Area overview

http://ieconomics.com/i/4JaitVHzz1611/2

Website doesn't work. Btw good fundamental overview will be looking for the Friday payrolls also its hard to imagine additional spur to US Dollar as climbing over historical peaks is not likely to be supported by wary investors. :)

Website doesn't work. Btw good fundamental overview will be looking for the Friday payrolls also its hard to imagine additional spur to US Dollar as climbing over historical peaks is not likely to be supported by wary investors. :)

It's working fine for me so might be your browser.

I find charts add interference in a bad way and therefore I don't subscribe to them. For price to go higher sustainably we need to see the economy maintain the level of employment and inflationary factors continue to increase. The Trump effect is likely to have an impact on the pace of recovery and Jan is around the corner so I am going to prefer short term $ trades until we get more clarity.

Trade for the day shorting eurusd off the back of negative Draghi comments and good adp numbers.

snips of comments:

"The European Central Bank's ultra-loose monetary policy is creating room for governments to carry out economic reforms but is no substitute for them"
"but we alone cannot eliminate"
"Monetary policy is providing support and space for governments to carry out necessary structural reforms"

Trade entry 1.0642 with a target of 1.0600

Awaiting any deviation on oil inventories. Opec meeting is mixed at the moment with nothing worth a trade.

Last edited:
For those of you wondering how I track news real-time here is what I am focused on today. 2 separate news feeds in Eikon along with real-time economic releases. $99 a month http://www.metastock.ca/data/xenith.aspx is the best money you will invest in trading FX. Any special events i just create a dedicated news feed that gives me live commentary (the red lines) as well as recently written news articles

Attachments

• eur2.png
    eur2.png
    130.2 KB · Views: 250
  • eur.png
    eur.png
    229.9 KB · Views: 215
Trade for the day shorting eurusd off the back of negative Draghi comments and good adp numbers.

snips of comments:

"The European Central Bank's ultra-loose monetary policy is creating room for governments to carry out economic reforms but is no substitute for them"
"but we alone cannot eliminate"
"Monetary policy is providing support and space for governments to carry out necessary structural reforms"

Trade entry 1.0642 with a target of 1.0600

Awaiting any deviation on oil inventories. Opec meeting is mixed at the moment with nothing worth a trade.

He's given up, there is no plan.

I can see the Euro falling off a cliff sometime soon.

He's given up, there is no plan.

I can see the Euro falling off a cliff sometime soon.
There has been some interesting developments in the top 5 economies although it isn't nearly enough to lift the currency. We will need a catalyst if the cliff fall is to happen and the environment can easily present it.

Unfortunately I missed the oil trade (I had to step away). Opec agreed cuts was a clear cad long signal with cadjpy giving 40 pips

Meant to update earlier but have been busy. Only one trade today in the am on eurgbp off the back of the uk news. Will update later

For those of you wondering how I track news real-time here is what I am focused on today. 2 separate news feeds in Eikon along with real-time economic releases. $99 a month http://www.metastock.ca/data/xenith.aspx is the best money you will invest in trading FX. Any special events i just create a dedicated news feed that gives me live commentary (the red lines) as well as recently written news articles

Is it available for MT4? Can be used as separate plugin?

Meant to update earlier but have been busy. Only one trade today in the am on eurgbp off the back of the uk news. Will update later

okay so as you probably know today on the wire was the news of the government considering paying a fee for single market access. This sort of news is a great catalyst for a session trade. The obvious candidate was eurgbp with the euro being weak at the moment. I was about 5 minutes late on getting in although i managed 44 pips getting out at the 84 handle. The rest of today was supportive of the $ so no deviation to take advantage of. Unless there is a deviation tomorrow i don't expect a major move unless its a deviation to the upside or downside. Be aware with Italy over the weekend that we might see some profit taking and potentially safe haven flows. Keep an eye on yen,swissy and gold as the trigger to get in on the action.

The NFP number wasn't anything special however unemployment deviation with high estimate of 5 and a low of 4.8 with the actual being 4.6.

Productivity with a high of 1.1 and a low of 1.0 with actual 1.2

both good deviations to trade however average earnings MoM had a high of 0.3 and a low of 0.1 with an actual of -0.1

so a mixed bag and nothing to write home about so my thinking is its the end of the week, profit taking as well as Italy which will sway a risk off sentiment. I am thinking to get short $jpy

The NFP number wasn't anything special however unemployment deviation with high estimate of 5 and a low of 4.8 with the actual being 4.6.

Productivity with a high of 1.1 and a low of 1.0 with actual 1.2

both good deviations to trade however average earnings MoM had a high of 0.3 and a low of 0.1 with an actual of -0.1

so a mixed bag and nothing to write home about so my thinking is its the end of the week, profit taking as well as Italy which will sway a risk off sentiment. I am thinking to get short $jpy

Given that there are Two primary market states, risk on or off, I'm a bit surprised that indices don't seem to figure in your list of tradable instruments. Is there a reason why not?

I do look at indices but only as part of inter-market analysis. The reason I don't trade them in the framework of risk on\off, is because I would be opening up multiple positions for the same thing. These markets as you know are so interconnected that there are always opportunities to be had in currencies.

I do look at indices but only as part of inter-market analysis. The reason I don't trade them in the framework of risk on\off, is because I would be opening up multiple positions for the same thing. These markets as you know are so interconnected that there are always opportunities to be had in currencies.

Quite so, we do exactly the same thing. I trade the indices and use the currencies to inform.

It's rumoured that the ECB are going to announce an extension to the QE program. Based on Draghi's comments recently, they have every expectation to continue with it for the time being with no hope of things improving. He pointed out that reforms need to happen and their policies were limited.

The EU is sitting on 10% GDP after you deduct the debt. To put it into perspective, last year their GDP was 11539.74 billion and 90% of that, or 10385.77 is debt.

Now consider they cannot make all their payments monthly and have to lend more to meet obligations. Adding this extension to what is already an extraordinary QE program is only going to put them deeper in the hole.

We might see lows in eurusd printed soon that were last seen in 2003.