Trading Dreams

Paulie_5

Last night I put a lulzy post on the IGIndex thread .... then I had a dream that I'd been banned from T2W and taken to court for defaming IGIndex!

Ok, I need to get out more.

But this got me thinking, has anyone else had any trading related dreams? And perhaps something they've then acted on?

Does trading feature so much in our lives that dreaming about it occasionally is bound to happen?

Or do I just need a holiday?!

Last night I put a lulzy post on the IGIndex thread .... then I had a dream that I'd been banned from T2W and taken to court for defaming IGIndex!

Ok, I need to get out more.

But this got me thinking, has anyone else had any trading related dreams? And perhaps something they've then acted on?

Does trading feature so much in our lives that dreaming about it occasionally is bound to happen?

Or do I just need a holiday?!

Maybe not a holiday, but you definitely need to chill out and take a break.

Maybe relax with a good movie or something?

This one's supposed to be OK:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wall-Street-Collectors-Michael-Douglas/dp/B00347A32G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1300831665&sr=8-1

:D

actually a good film is called "a Good Year" its got russell crowe and that marion lady in. It's generally a feel good film with happy ending (I don't like sad endings)

actually a good film is called "a Good Year" its got russell crowe and that marion lady in. It's generally a feel good film with happy ending (I don't like sad endings)

A bit late but have you seen The Expendables? That film kicks f*ckin' a$$!

oh by the way I can't really remember if I have had any trading dreams or not.

I dream about trading at a minimum twice a week now, actually.

Sad to say but my most recent dream (i.e., last night) regarding trading was about Howie. In my dream he was a south african writing the vol writing thread impersonating the respeactable howie of running mill desk fame... he eventually gave up once his disgusise was exposed, but tearfully pled for forgiveness and got away with it.

Will report back in a few hours what this night has in store!

I dream about trading at a minimum twice a week now, actually.

Sad to say but my most recent dream (i.e., last night) regarding trading was about Howie. In my dream he was a south african writing the vol writing thread impersonating the respeactable howie of running mill desk fame... he eventually gave up once his disgusise was exposed, but tearfully pled for forgiveness and got away with it.

Will report back in a few hours what this night has in store!

He's been having a meltdown on ET as well recently.

Did you see this old thread where he got into bother with pretty much everyone? They were talking about some of the posters on his thread here (I imagine they meant the likes of you, MG, DT, meanreversion etc) in very complimentary terms :). Basically saying that experienced traders on T2W were trying to warn him, and giving up in disgust when they got tired of his fingers-in-ears act.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=212679&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

(You have to scroll down a bit to get to the fighting)

I dream about trading only with positive emotions: Profit - good! Stop Loss - nothing horrible.

Also dream about trading 3-4 times a week.

I had a dream about taking on the banks...with a sawn-off...and a pair of tights on my head. I woke up in jail.

This reminds me of two old jokes...really old jokes...

Q:What do you get when you play a Country & Western song backwards?
A: You get your wife back...your job back...your car back...

The Ku Klux Klan play the DVD of Roots backwards so it has a happy ending.

I find the most dangerous time is after i switch my alarm off and drift back into a semi-sleep. Always have trading dreams then, and i always get absolutely destroyed, like i imagine Bruce Lee imagined himself being destroyed.

Interesting, so does your sub-conscious lead you to a profit ??

Yes it does when I manage to catch the moves. Sometimes I dream there is going to be a move and I get up and take a position. But there are sometimes when I wake up feeling there has been a move and then when I find that to be the case, it's too late to get involved.

The other night I dreamt I made 1.1mill on a spread bet with Tullow Oil. Needless to say I woke up very disappointed!

The other night I dreamt I made 1.1mill on a spread bet with Tullow Oil. Needless to say I woke up very disappointed!

It always bad to wake up after awesome dream.

You wake up and think that it ways just a dream.