Trading the DOW using freestockcharts.com

Batty Bat

Hello there,

This thread is all about trading the DOW using freestockcharts.com ....This is a fantastic totaly FREE service. The best on the net. It has 69 Indicators and drawing tools including Fibonacci arc, fan, retracement and time zones. Also included is the gann fan and speed lines.

Let me know what you think of this fantastic package.

Let's make some money!

:clap:

Last edited:
already done that, it says that its connected, but does nothing apart from say its connected. Have this issue with all of my machines and terminals.

not entirely ;) prorealtime.com is free (at least for eod data) and works perfectly well if you got your java stuff in place.

btw short dow at 10143 via 4h tf .. keep stop tight as well.

not entirely ;) prorealtime.com is free (at least for eod data) and works perfectly well if you got your java stuff in place.

btw short dow at 10143 via 4h tf .. keep stop tight as well.

Well done "slight".....you got that one right. Short it did go. I think freestockcharts.com is great for end of day traders. The fact that the data is delayed does not bother my trading. It works for me. I am personaly very interested in Fibonacci.

.........Anyway DOW ended at 10,040 down 134 points.....where next? My graphs are saying we have reached a Fibonacci retracement level of 61.8

:cheesy:

You're right about the retracement. However, if you look at the momentum or the previous upmove and of the current downmove, to me, at least, it is obvious that we are going even lower. Let's see how it's going to work out.
Keeping my shorts :innocent:

Well done "slight".....you got that one right. Short it did go. I think freestockcharts.com is great for end of day traders. The fact that the data is delayed does not bother my trading. It works for me. I am personaly very interested in Fibonacci.

.........Anyway DOW ended at 10,040 down 134 points.....where next? My graphs are saying we have reached a Fibonacci retracement level of 61.8

:cheesy:

You're right about the retracement. However, if you look at the momentum or the previous upmove and of the current downmove, to me, at least, it is obvious that we are going even lower. Let's see how it's going to work out.
Keeping my shorts :innocent:

I agree slight.......maybe the DOW will fall a little more yet. 10,000 could be a support level. The special volume charts I use are not showing a peak of support volume yet.

More downside to come maybe.

27th August 2010

Street swept away by rally. Dow closed up 165 points at 10,151. In my opinion it would be good to go long here. Freestockcharts.com is indicating a rise from here. Also my volume charts are indicating a positive move up from here. It's about time we moved up. What do you think my fellow traders?

(y)

Doesn't this service have the usual 15 minute delay ?

I have to admit - they are beautiful charts, perfect for an end of day trader.

give up....doesn't work....free services are typically crap...enough said!

I use it with Firefox and it works fine. I only trade currency so my broker doesn't have stock feeds other than the DOW and I use free stock charts to look at stocks.

Doesn't this service have the usual 15 minute delay ?

I have to admit - they are beautiful charts, perfect for an end of day trader.

I agree they are very beautiful charts. Very clear and plenty of tools. It does have a delay but I don't care as I am an end of day trader. They are perfect. I also use volume charts which I pay for. These are great, as they tell me when we have hit a bottom or top. I am hoping I have found the ultimate system. I have been paper trading and last month I made over £4.500. The best thing is I got 12 out of 12 trades correct in a row.

I exited my shorts in profit. I think we'll see some more correcting before it becomes clear if this daily downtrend is continued or if it it turns around.

.....My volume charts are saying we have hit a low point. I can see a double bottom if you take the low point on the 25th and 27th of August. On the right hand page of the home page it also gives you the current sentiment.....It says "strongly positive". A reading of about 8 out of 10. I also include the comments. Please see below: This is what it says for the 27th August 2010. I hope it helps:

Today's market action confirmed our short-term outlook from Thursday's report, where we had indicated that the market could trade 'slightly bearish initially' but where we also suggested '... things could soon start to improve for the bulls, particularly if an intraday dip generates more bearish volume'. In today's volatile session, an initial dip brought a re-test of Wednesday's swing lows which gave way to a strong intraday upswing that led to positive closes for the broad market.

MARKET STAGE:

Despite yesterday's bearish indication, the indexes moved higher today following Ben Bernanke's speech.

60-day charts with a 20-period SBV are now showing advancing SBV oscillator values with the following SBV values registered at day's end: Plus 5% on the Nasdaq 100; plus 15% on the S&P 500; plus 10% on the Dow. Advancing SBV readings are bullish and suggest the possibility of an up-move in the market. We will continue to monitor this chart setting in order to determine at which point SBV oscillator readings start to decline; this might then suggest better odds for a coming move to the downside.

1.5-year charts with a 10-period SBV are showing flat SBV oscillator readings. This suggests we might see a change in market sentiment. Because SBV readings are however still at low, negative levels, this chart setting continues to indicate that bears are dominating the market. The accumulation of bearish volume seen on this chart setting has become quite pronounced suggesting an oversold market. At the same time, we have still not seen any strong bearish volume surges on this chart which might indicate panic selling and suggest the end of the current correction.

:smart:

Dow closed up "WOW" 255 points a 10,269. As I said in my last post....I could see that we had a double bottom on the Dow a few days ago. I really did expect a move up.

Went "Long" on the DOW the other day and just closed for a profit of £1,113. Not bad for a weeks work.......