Trading as a first career

faat

Hi everyone,

Would appreciate some advice as a new trader.

I currently work in a prop firm and have been making money trading the ES o/n. Small but consistent amounts monthly.

The issue that has always been bugging me is that, what happens if a trader does not work out as a trader? That is the income isn't stable/sufficient for him/her to survive on. What would the possible routes be for a trader after?

I have been only trading about 5 months in the firm but have spent 2-3 years going through the fluff in trading. I do plan to do this for a year and see where this gets me and the past 5 months have actually exceeded my expectations.

However, there is always the 'what if' at the back of my head when things don't work out. Are there even any jobs that require trading experience apart from trading itself? 1 year isn't exactly a **** load of time so I'm quite willing to give it up to try this endeavor as compared to going into the working world and be a drone.

Thanks in advance!

you could try working for trading companys? there are many banks that trade currencies and also shares.

Hi everyone,

Would appreciate some advice as a new trader.

I currently work in a prop firm and have been making money trading the ES o/n. Small but consistent amounts monthly.

The issue that has always been bugging me is that, what happens if a trader does not work out as a trader? That is the income isn't stable/sufficient for him/her to survive on. What would the possible routes be for a trader after?

I have been only trading about 5 months in the firm but have spent 2-3 years going through the fluff in trading. I do plan to do this for a year and see where this gets me and the past 5 months have actually exceeded my expectations.

However, there is always the 'what if' at the back of my head when things don't work out. Are there even any jobs that require trading experience apart from trading itself? 1 year isn't exactly a **** load of time so I'm quite willing to give it up to try this endeavor as compared to going into the working world and be a drone.

Thanks in advance!

advice ? - get a proper paying job and trade in your spare time ............

agree with NVP, trading could easily just be a weekend thing
focus on the bread and butter first