Trading Arcade

allenm

Hi all

Just an initial enquiry... I own an office building that has a floor of networked desks first class. Would there be any interest if I invested in trading stations and subscriptions to all the required tools for trading and let the stations out individually along with high speed Internet access would there be any interest.

It would be based in Stockport. 5 miles from Manchester.

This is my fist post however I am a commercial property investor and a trader.

Benefits

Just thought I might mention a few benefits.

No need to work from home
tech support for the pc system's (already use a reputable company)
Collectively reduce trading commission's
and discuss with other like minded individuals potential trades.

Some guys are making a ton of money doing exactly that.

Check out the LIFFE website under Access. See if there are any in your area/competition. May want to pose as a customer at some of the larger London outfits to suss it out (GHF & STA)

BBB

Are GHF & STA only providing trading desks or are they prop. firms ie. providing capital as well ?

Any idea how many traders are using GHF and STA's facilities ?

qaza - STA - about 150 ish I think. They employ grads sometimes I think, but most are former bankers and LIFFE'ers trading their own cash through GNI brokerage. The grads are on low pay and must start paying the fees when/if they become profitable. Everyone pays a cut of their profit to the gaffer AS WELL as desk fees.

GHF - a bit smaller I think and I doubt they offer grad schemes. Deff not a prop firm. Their main business is clearing. The arcade is really an afterthought or progression from that. High quality outfit though. Still full of LIFFE locals.

juanbyte

not sure on costs yet. Have to do some pricing but it would be competative as the space would be shared and all the bills would be tacken into account.

If there is enough demand I will seriously consider the venture.

Thanks for the feedback so far.

I'm certainly intrigued and would like to learn more when / if you have any further details. It would be good to have a place where like minded people can exchange ideas.
I live in Droylsden, 10 mins on the M60.

"GHF - a bit smaller I think and I doubt they offer grad schemes. Deff not a prop firm" - I think they are now doing some prop business and seem to be running grad schemes but only overseas